You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 154>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
Thats the Canadians goosed....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 9:26pm
Belgium left the Canadians have 21 chances. That's insane. 

Morocco will fancy their chances.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 10:09pm
USA and Canada have both been very good. High energy, a mix of direct and passing football, and willing to take risks.

That is something that we could try to replicate in a short period of time.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

USA and Canada have both been very good. High energy, a mix of direct and passing football, and willing to take risks.

They also have attacking quality with the likes of Pulisic and Alphonso Davies! 

One quality attacker could make all the difference, some teams in around the same quality as ourselves have that player and it will or has already made a massive difference.

Norway have Odegaard and Haaland
Georgia have Kvaratskhelia
Sweden have Isak and Kulusevski
Ukraine have Mudryk
Hungary have Szoboslai

We are crying out for a young quality attacker here’s hoping someone comes along soon.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 4:13am
It's one thing that stands out when you watch a tournament. Even the average nations have 1 or 2 quality attacking players playing at a very high level. We literally have none in midfield or attack. Then you look at the countries and players listed above who aren't at the tournament. 

It's both remarkable and depressing how for a football obsessed nation, we have failed to produce a reasonably high level attacking player since Keane and Duff.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 4:18am
Gavi is a class act at just 18. Youngest goalscorer at a WC since Pele in '58.

Nico Williams is a great option for them from the bench. Offers something different with his ability to go by players. Put 2 great crosses into the box too, one leading to a goal.

It's almost too good of a start for Spain. They've done that a few times in group stages and then haven't gone much further.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:24am
9 Million watched Germany's first game yesterday - Down from 25 million four years ago.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:31am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

They also have attacking quality with the likes of Pulisic and Alphonso Davies! 

One quality attacker could make all the difference, some teams in around the same quality as ourselves have that player and it will or has already made a massive difference.

Norway have Odegaard and Haaland
Georgia have Kvaratskhelia
Sweden have Isak and Kulusevski
Ukraine have Mudryk
Hungary have Szoboslai

We are crying out for a young quality attacker here’s hoping someone comes along soon.

True. 
Its harder to create than prevent. 
We have plenty of adequate goalkeepers and defenders but its the other side of the pitch that we need top players to come through. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:36am
Is Joel Matip not in the Cameroon squad?
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

9 Million watched Germany's first game yesterday - Down from 25 million four years ago.

Yesterday's game was 1pm on a Tuesday. 2pm german time. 

Their next game against Spain will have a far higher viewing numbers.

Its been a great World Cup so far and I'm enjoying it.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Did he not quit international football? 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He stopped playing for them 5 or 6 years ago. Wasn't happy with the setup and has refused all attempts to get him back involved 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:40am
I am assuming they have no way of calculating all those watching through IPTV.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:50am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Yesterday's game was 1pm on a Tuesday. 2pm german time. 

Their next game against Spain will have a far higher viewing numbers.

Its been a great World Cup so far and I'm enjoying it.

Just some additional background - No German game at the last world cup got less than 25 million viewers. That includes games that were played at 3pm German time during weekdays. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:54am
I really dislike the Swiss for some unknown reason, fully expect them to get through this group by hook or by crook.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:58am

I really dislike the Swiss for some unknown reason, fully expect them to get through this group by hook or by crook.

We’ve loads of reasons to dislike them from previous encounters. Their current manager was a pain in the hoop to us when he was playing. This incarnation of their team isn’t as annoying to me anyway. 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 11:22am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

We’ve loads of reasons to dislike them from previous encounters. Their current manager was a pain in the hoop to us when he was playing. This incarnation of their team isn’t as annoying to me anyway. 

Yah they're sickenly consistent in qualifying without pulling up too many trees at major tournaments. 

Would be way more interest among us neutrals if Italy were there instead of them. Cry

At least they're not as arrogant as the Danes. Really hope they get knocked out at the group stage. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I don't mind the Swiss, their flag is a big plus too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 154>
  Share Topic