Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 154>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They aren't going to beat France, Portugal or Spain and Brazil or Argentina

I would definitely back England to take Portugal, Spain and Argentina tbh.

It'd be silly to write them off against any team imo. It's a cup competition and I wouldn't put it past them given how lucky they've been under Southgate in the last two major tournaments. 

France should edge them but I think it'll be a close game. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It'd be silly to write them off against any team imo. It's a cup competition and I wouldn't put it past them given how lucky they've been under Southgate in the last two major tournaments. 

Yeah would back England against those teams and feel they could even edge them with the set up they're currently using.

Only thing that might leave them down would be the defence and that's why Southgate will likely switch to three CBs for the rest of the tournament leaving a big call whether to go with a midfield trio in a 3-5-2 or drop Henderson to go 3-4-3.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 1:38pm
If they get past France I fink they will win it Jeff
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:16pm

Do you think for one minute that any of the serious teams left in this would let Bellingham waltz through midfield the way he did yesterday, even the US nullified him. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:24pm

What luck did they have?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What luck did they have?

The cannon fodder groups they got in both this and the last world cup and mickey mouse sides they played all the way up to the semi finals. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:30pm
You could say all the big teams have had cannon fodder opponents so far in this tournament, bar Spain. 

Who have Brazil, Argentina, France beaten in Qatar?

That's how seeded competition works. 

Brazil have an easy run to the semis
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:33pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63856954

Rice the ratboy getting a bit cocky. Please France shut that coont up on Saturday Censored

How on earth have England silenced their critics when they've beaten no-one of any substance in this world cup?! 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:37pm

You could say all the big teams have had cannon fodder opponents so far in this tournament, bar Spain. 

All of those teams have had much harder groups than the two groups England have had this time round and in 2018. Obviously their seeding helps them get these groups but they have had the easiest groups out of all the tops seeds. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:39pm
North men, South men, comrades all.....Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Charles De Gaulle...Allez Les Bleus
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm

Switzerland and Serbia are two very good teams. Neither team had a shot against Brazil. 

Brazil have been the best team so far. France have the best player in the world. They are well ahead of the rest. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm

All of those teams have had much harder groups than the two groups England have had this time round and in 2018. Obviously their seeding helps them get these groups but they have had the easiest groups out of all the tops seeds. 

There wouldn't be much in it for me between Wales, Iran and USA vs Poland, Saudi Arabia and Mexico for example

The FIFA rankings had Englands group as the hardest!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 3:41pm

Japan have been good so far. Its been an entertaining match
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 3:42pm
Maeda playing well

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 3:46pm

Maeda playing well

Right on cue
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 4:13pm

Maeda playing well

Right on cue
Must be his twin brother cos he is pish for Celtic 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 4:28pm

Under Southgate, England have to date played 17 games in three major Finals. They've Won 12, Drawn 3 and Lost 2, scoring 35 and conceding 10.

When you add in an outstanding record in Qualifiers, imo that has to be more than mere luck, and I don't understand the flak Southgate gets even (especially?) from amongst England supporters.

Maybe they've all somehow forgotten the shambles they were eg at times in Finals under Hodgson, Capello or Sven-Goan?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Under Southgate, England have to date played 17 games in three major Finals. They've Won 12, Drawn 3 and Lost 2, scoring 35 and conceding 10.

When you add in an outstanding record in Qualifiers, imo that has to be more than mere luck, and I don't understand the flak Southgate gets even (especially?) from amongst England supporters.

Maybe they've all somehow forgotten the shambles they were eg at times in Finals under Hodgson, Capello or Sven-Goan?
Without going through those figures in detail, they lost 3 games at the last World Cup. Belgium twice and Croatia.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 154>
  Share Topic