You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 53>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What kind of stuff is on the menu?  All types of food or mostly French?

Depends on the country ,will vary.

Get yourself off to to a few and you won't be disappointed .

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 2:48pm
Any recommendations in the city centre?

Ideally one that serves a decent cheese plate.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:14pm
anywhere decent round earls court ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:46pm

If you can get there for the early bird, it's decent. I had Sunday lunch there a couple of years ago and it was very good.

If you can't get there for the early menu, it's much too expensive for a weeknight.

It's about a ten minute walk from Earl's Court.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If you can get there for the early bird, it's decent. I had Sunday lunch there a couple of years ago and it was very good.

If you can't get there for the early menu, it's much too expensive for a weeknight.

That tasting menu looks a bit decent.  Noted for future dates etc....
@AntrimMan85
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:07pm

sorry SD I should of qualified

'anywhere decent round Earls court that has I can put on a monthly expenses claim '  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:21am
Anyone know any good quality restaurants in Bristol?
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Is that Super Dave after he missed the last train ??
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:58am
Fishy fishy in Kinsale is exceptional. Had the seafood chowder for starter, followed by a main of scallops and west cork black pudding. The preparation of the meal was outstanding.

Fishy fishy in Kinsale and Out of the Blue in Dingle are in the top two restaurants I've visited in Ireland.

FF is very expensive but trust me it's worth it.

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Oct 2018 at 9:59am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Fishy fishy in Kinsale is exceptional. Had the seafood chowder for starter, followed by a main of scallops and west cork black pudding. The preparation of the meal was outstanding.

Fishy fishy in Kinsale and Out of the Blue in Dingle are in the top two restaurants I've visited in Ireland.

is that a steakhouse?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:09am

It's been a while since I have been there but it wasn't that expensive before. The food is fantastic though and Martin really is a character.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's been a while since I have been there but it wasn't that expensive before. The food is fantastic though and Martin really is a character.

I suppose it isn't too expensive in the grand scheme of things, I'm used to London where I don't find it as expensive but then the quality is substandard far too often...it was about €80 for two starters and two mains. Total bill was close to €120 when a couple of pints of stout and a couple of glasses of wine were included. Martin wasn't there that night or at least I didn't see him.

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Oct 2018 at 10:17am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:30am
It certainly isn't a place you would be eating every week, but I don't think that pricing is outrageous, for the quality anyway.

Seeing as somebody mentioned Bristol earlier, anywhere down the road in Bath too?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It certainly isn't a place you would be eating every week, but I don't think that pricing is outrageous, for the quality anyway.

Seeing as somebody mentioned Bristol earlier, anywhere down the road in Bath too?

Had lunch a few months ago in a Greek restaurant called Jars Meze. The food is excellent, reasonably priced and is run by a Greek family which adds to the authenticity.  

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Oct 2018 at 10:41am
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Anyone know any good quality restaurants in Bristol?

I love Korean food and always try to find a place if I'm visiting a city.
Dangung is really authentic,cheap and about 2 mins walk from the harbour side.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:29am

was only in  that gaff 2 weeks ago. quality all right. just live outside of Kinsale but Kinsale is hugely overrated spot. its full of pompous ****s and yanks! 
MacDonald's Hotel don't help the image either offering cheap deals on discount websites that Dubs buy up and come down and wreck the place. Some great posts on the Facebook Kinsale page about it LOLLOL 

Kinsale Pale Ale though is top notch ClapClap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

is that a steakhouse?

that's the Steakhouse BSM. only closed down 2/3 weeks ago. wasn't a bad spot at all 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 53>
  Share Topic