You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 53>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is

LEMONGRASS - At City West.

The original Lemongrass was great but it was more Asian Fusion rather than Chinese.

It's changed hands a few times over past few years, was closed for a while, and generally accepted that the food quality is poor compared to how it once was.

GreenGiant82 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:34am
Agree bout Choi Yo. Lovely spot. Jaipur is very good too
Twitter @ciaranreid1907
bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:35am

I've eaten in Bibi's.  Isn't it a cafe as opposed to a restaurant?  Really enjoyed it - would recommend it!!!!!If it's the same place - does some great continental food - great pancakes and French toast....AM I in the wrong place?  Really good lunch food though!

That's the one! You're dead on, more a cafe with great food sort of place.

It's the Portobello end Justice, v close to Camden st.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Good thread Justice:My faves are<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">BAR PINTXO -  </SPAN>a tapas bar in Temple Bar which is perfect for a date!

Tapas are excellentClapLES FRERES JACQUES - Dame St - if you like French Cuisine

never been to the above siralex but often looked at the menu $$$$$$$$$Shocked would imagine its nice thoughand...this one sounds a bit cheap - but I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is LEMONGRASS - At City West.  Delicious spicy chicken salad starter (best dish in Dublin) and stunning hot currys!!!For cheap casual food: I love Cactus Jacks just off Jervis St.
anyone know any good seafood restuarants in town ? I hera there's a great one in howth but its a massive trek for me

There numerous great seafood resteraunts in howth justice. Id say the one you've heard of is the King Sitric, it's where Trap goes when hes here! It's very good alright but it's mental expensive, you'd be looking at over 30 brick for your main course alone. I'd recommend either Deep or Quay West up there instead, just as good and a lot cheaper. f**king love seafood!

Did anyone try that fantastic seafood restaurant in Bari. It was down near where you get the ferries. Absolutely amazing food! We were even given a tour of the kitchen Clap

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:36am
Siam Thai - Malahide
Kinara - Clontarf

Both excellent for early bird as it's about €20 notes pp.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:38am

Good thread Justice:My faves are<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">BAR PINTXO -  </SPAN>a tapas bar in Temple Bar which is perfect for a date!

Tapas are excellentClapLES FRERES JACQUES - Dame St - if you like French Cuisine

never been to the above siralex but often looked at the menu $$$$$$$$$Shocked would imagine its nice thoughand...this one sounds a bit cheap - but I'm a Chinese food freak and have eaten in about a hundred Chinese restaurants in Dublin - the best to my taste is LEMONGRASS - At City West.  Delicious spicy chicken salad starter (best dish in Dublin) and stunning hot currys!!!For cheap casual food: I love Cactus Jacks just off Jervis St.
anyone know any good seafood restuarants in town ? I hera there's a great one in howth but its a massive trek for me

There numerous great seafood resteraunts in howth justice. Id say the one you've heard of is the King Sitric, it's where Trap goes when hes here! It's very good alright but it's mental expensive, you'd be looking at over 30 brick for your main course alone. I'd recommend either Deep or Quay West up there instead, just as good and a lot cheaper. f**king love seafood!
Clap me tooHeart all sound quality out there. Unfortunately no Luas and I don't do buses. Unless you want to offer me a lift and backTongue
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

Did anyone try that fantastic seafood restaurant in Bari. It was down near where you get the ferries. Absolutely amazing food! We were even given a tour of the kitchen Clap

had one slice of Gerks pizza over the two daysEmbarrassed
Regret not checking out some othe restaurants thereCry would say the bari seafood was quality and cheap as well colemany
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

I've eaten in Bibi's.  Isn't it a cafe as opposed to a restaurant?  Really enjoyed it - would recommend it!!!!!If it's the same place - does some great continental food - great pancakes and French toast....AM I in the wrong place?  Really good lunch food though!

That's the one! You're dead on, more a cafe with great food sort of place.

It's the Portobello end Justice, v close to Camden st.
Not too far from where I am in town. Breakfast one morning perhapsClap
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:57am
Oh yes - someone mentioned Jaipur.

Poor customer service I think, but the food is superb.  If you like your Indian stuff hot - get the Lamb Chilli Masalla here and asked em to add extra chillis.   Literally breath-taking!!!!!!

@SoccerC - Yeah - a lot of the Lemongrass chains have a bit of a cheap reputation, but I swear by the one at City West.  Gorgeous little restaurant close to the 10th tee of the Golf Course (back of it is ideal for a date), the service and, even more so, the food, is 10/10!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:03pm
Indians and Chineses are ten a penny I reckon. Everyone has their own personal favourites with them as they are so many.

Anyone ever try this place? Have been meaning to give it a whirl as its different http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:15pm

@SoccerC - Yeah - a lot of the Lemongrass chains have a bit of a cheap reputation, but I swear by the one at City West.  Gorgeous little restaurant close to the 10th tee of the Golf Course (back of it is ideal for a date), the service and, even more so, the food, is 10/10!

I was specifically referring to Citywest.

On one of it's transformations the interior was more or less gutted and the ambience suffered, never mind it's based in a building that is soulless and bereft of people.

Service is IMHO, far from 10/10. From that sour puss female Maitre'd to the poor minimum wage or less waiting staff you'd be hard pressed to have every dish as ordered served.

We used to dine there at least once a month from 2002 to 2004 and then from 2005 to last year.

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:25pm
That's mental how different customers' experiences are.  My and the ol' fiance are at CityWest Lemongrass all the time - love it.  My fave cheap(ish) restaurant in Dublin.

Getting so hungry reading this thread I'm thinkin ofheading there tonight.  Love the service - which I've always found friendly - even the Chefs, and adore the food. Spicy Chicken Salad starter is my fave dish I've ever had.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:40pm

That's mental how different customers' experiences are.  My and the ol' fiance are at CityWest Lemongrass all the time - love it.  My fave cheap(ish) restaurant in Dublin.

Getting so hungry reading this thread I'm thinkin ofheading there tonight.  Love the service - which I've always found friendly - even the Chefs, and adore the food. Spicy Chicken Salad starter is my fave dish I've ever had.
you should try Chai Yo Siralex. Guarentee you'll love it
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:44pm
Baan Thai Heart
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm
Try the Cedar Tree Lebanese restaurant which is close to the International Bar.................the food is not too pricey and if you're not to sure what to have you can have a platter of their best bits! Tasty stuff too! 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm

you should try Chai Yo Siralex. Guarentee you'll love it

Cool - I'll try that recommendation Justice and let ye know how I got on.  Menu looks delicious - just had a quick look on-line!!!! Cheers.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:18pm

Indians and Chineses are ten a penny I reckon. Everyone has their own personal favourites with them as they are so many.

Anyone ever try this place? Have been meaning to give it a whirl as its different http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/

I didnt like it - good concept and you'll have a laugh but didnt like the food.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 1:59pm
the speaker connolly.. lovely grubSmile
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 53>
  Share Topic