You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 53>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar Police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

What's on the desert menu? 

A desert is a barren area of landscape where little precipitation occurs and, consequently, living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation exposes the unprotected surface of the ground to the processes of denudation. About one-third of the land surface of the Earth is arid or semi-arid.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Grammar Police Grammar Police wrote:

A desert is a barren area of landscape where little precipitation occurs and, consequently, living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation exposes the unprotected surface of the ground to the processes of denudation. About one-third of the land surface of the Earth is arid or semi-arid.

They have a Desert Section in their restaurant that serves Arabian cuisine.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 24 Aug 2021 at 5:10pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Grammar Police Grammar Police wrote:

LOL Thanks Grammar Police 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:00pm
Flat Iron in London  - Meh
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

going to Featherblade this weekend, suppose to have a good name for itself. 
Had to book it 3 weeks in advance but it might be alright for a Thursday.

Let’s us know how you got on 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 8:51am
Recently ate in two places out west and the food was top notch. Ice hotel, Ballina, top notch for hotel, pleasantly surprised. Wildes restaurant, Ashford Lodge - one of the best places I have ever eaten. Stunning and view onto lake wasn’t bad either.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 10:08am
meant to say had a fantastic meal at the Fleet Inn Killybegs on our last night in Donegal , special mention also to the yellow pepper and lemon tree in Letterkenny 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

going to Featherblade this weekend, suppose to have a good name for itself. 
Had to book it 3 weeks in advance but it might be alright for a Thursday.

Let’s us know how you got on 

It was nice but I think FX Buckley or Bone Tomahawk are nicer.
Got a fried chicken starter, which had a bit of a funky taste so wasn't mad about.

I got a miso hanger steak and the other half got featherblade steak. Both were nice but hers was nicer, and they were actually pretty decent at €14 for the steak itself.  
The dark side.. And the light
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 4:46pm

I was in Featherblade a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed at all. 
I agree that FX Buckleys pisses all over it. 
El Puto Amo
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I was in Featherblade a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed at all. 
I agree that FX Buckleys pisses all over it. 

Is that a form of marinade. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:57pm
Wasn't impressed by Tomahawk. FX Buckley's is better IMO.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 4:58pm
was on the way back from bay sports in athlone and dropped into the brew tap in tulamore,, grand spot,,food service,, couldent fault it

Edited by Huggybeer - 01 Sep 2021 at 4:59pm
Getting old and intolerant
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 11:57am
I was in Chapter One recently and it isn't an exaggeration to say it was the best meal I've ever had. Now it was definitely not cheap but it was incredible. I wouldn't be doing it more than once a year really given the price of it but it was exceptional. We had the full tasting menu with the matching wines and the whole lot was brilliant. If it doesn't get a second Michelin star this year there's something very wrong. It is definitely the best restuarant I've eaten in in Ireland.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I was in Chapter One recently and it isn't an exaggeration to say it was the best meal I've ever had. Now it was definitely not cheap but it was incredible. I wouldn't be doing it more than once a year really given the price of it but it was exceptional. We had the full tasting menu with the matching wines and the whole lot was brilliant. If it doesn't get a second Michelin star this year there's something very wrong. It is definitely the best restuarant I've eaten in in Ireland.
I was there last Saturday myself. Bones of 500 euro for a dinner for two but as ya say, sensational food. The venison steak course was unreal
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I was there last Saturday myself. Bones of 500 euro for a dinner for two but as ya say, sensational food. The venison steak course was unreal

only seeing this now 500 euro ? f**kin hell
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:57am

What did you get that cost so much?

I was in there years ago and got the pre theatre meal and a bottle of wine and it cost about 140e.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:13am
I was looking at the wines and for some of the red wines the prices looked quite reasonable if not quite cheap - 
Arbois 29e and Volnay 40e

Until I realised it was per glass Dead
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What did you get that cost so much?

I was in there years ago and got the pre theatre meal and a bottle of wine and it cost about 140e.
Tasting menu was €150/head (that bit was a voucher/present). Wine was €55 a bottle, the tasting menu takes so long you need two really, has Irish Coffees to finish it off.

Wouldn't even say it's a once in a while type thing, definitely a once in a lifetime type thing. Lovely food and experience but totally accept that the price is crazy. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 53>
  Share Topic