You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 53>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Anyone ever eat at The Happy Pear in Greystones ?

Yeah, it's pretty nice but pretty difficult to get in to on a day you may typically be there. 3pm on a Friday I went recently only to find a queue out the door.

Their book (the yellow covered one) has nice stuff in it too
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:39pm

Sweet jaysus, I will take a stab at a lot of 'smashed avocado' and gluten-free water being on the menu.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Sweet jaysus, I will take a stab at a lot of 'smashed avocado' and gluten-free water being on the menu.

It is indeed a Hipster Joint. Name give it away PM ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I just had to look at the website, Ireland needs a good conversation with itself. Those ****s make Hoxton seem bearable.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone recommend a sit-in restaurant on the south side of the city that does a nice beer battered fish and chips?

catch 22 south anne street. Had a great lunch there on Tuesday. Best value I've had in a long time
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty nice but pretty difficult to get in to on a day you may typically be there. 3pm on a Friday I went recently only to find a queue out the door.

Their book (the yellow covered one) has nice stuff in it too

I just think they were a very marketable pair of pears and have taking the wannabes on a good roide ...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone recommend a sit-in restaurant on the south side of the city that does a nice beer battered fish and chips?

catch 22 south anne street. Had a great lunch there on Tuesday. Best value I've had in a long time

the chefs a grumpy bollix ( trust me I know one when I see it Big smile) but the food is top notch and reasonably priced
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:14pm
Bon Appetit in Malahide doing an early bird for 15e each, unbelievable value for a former Michelin star restaurant.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:06am

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I just had to look at the website, Ireland needs a good conversation with itself. Those ****s make Hoxton seem bearable.

Today i was asked if I wanted to try the freshly smashed avocado and grilled halloumi muffin.

No.... No I do not.
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:08am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bon Appetit in Malahide doing an early bird for 15e each, unbelievable value for a former Michelin star restaurant.

that the spot where your missus went tits up and the staff ignored it?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

She slipped and she got compensated with a free 3 course meal and bottle of wine

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:24am

She slipped and she got compensated with a free 3 course meal and bottle of wine

so you sold out for a free meal
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:30am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:46am

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/20000-for-woman-who-banged-leg-on-table-in-restaurant-35581230.html

think it's in reference to this, should have sued
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/20000-for-woman-who-banged-leg-on-table-in-restaurant-35581230.html

well myself and HB were recently in London on the lash with AM when the issue of his missus slipping came up. After some serious discussions on the issue and the staffs reaction or lack there of and the restaurants, at the time failure to call as promised, i was all set to read about a whopper payout alright.   
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:58am

well myself and HB were recently in London on the lash with AM when the issue of his missus slipping came up. After some serious discussions on the issue and the staffs reaction or lack there of and the restaurants, at the time failure to call as promised, i was all set to read about a whopper payout alright.   

No, your wrong (again).

My Mrs was never going to put in a fraudulent claim, I expected the general manager to call the next day as promised, he never did and this is what I was a bit pissed off about, but he did call after he returned from a weeks holiday.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:02pm

Nothing like a bit of practice the slip in the kitchen at home. Youse have obvioulsy nailed it Clap Clap

Next time we're at an Ireland game show us your 'shocked at the fall' face. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm

No, your wrong (again).

My Mrs was never going to put in a fraudulent claim, I expected the general manager to call the next day as promised, he never did and this is what I was a bit pissed off about, but he did call after he returned from a weeks holiday.

ok, i refer back to my inotial post and the use of a smiley face which was intended to allude to fact that I was not being too serious about it. My next post in reply to lassie and the link he posted was again in reletive jest. Not for one minite did i expect your missus to lodge a claim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 53>
  Share Topic