You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 945946947948949 984>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 12:17pm
People who bring Scooters /bikes onto packed public transport, at least fold them up or stand somewhere which doesn't block a full area
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:09pm
The "I didn't know you had dandruff" advert. A bunch of bellends going on like their mates have the bubonic plague because they have some dandruff. This ad makes me a lot angrier than it should
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:25pm
Go full Lidl ads
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:52pm
Not sure why but sh*t song lyrics sort of annoy me if they dont make sense. 

Show Me Heaven - Maria McKee

''I'm shaking just like the breeze''  How does breeze shake?

''True'' by Spandau Ballet

''Why do I find it hard to write the next line?'' Why would you put that in a song?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

''Why do I find it hard to write the next line?'' Why would you put that in a song?

Without knowing either song particularly well I'd say the breeze line is an analogy between her emotions and the shaking effect that a breeze can have on an object. The line from True could easily be suited if he's trying to convey something that's emotionally difficult. Going on your logic Imagine by John Lennon is a piece of sh*t. "Imagine ALL the people? How can I possibly imagine ALL the people. Has he no idea how many people there are? I only know a few".
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:19am

Re Spandau Ballet

Genius. He genuinely was stumped for lyrics and banged it in to take him to a chorus/verse

I remember a Robbie Williams song doing something similar “and that’s a good line to take me to the bridge (of a song)”

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Without knowing either song particularly well I'd say the breeze line is an analogy between her emotions and the shaking effect that a breeze can have on an object. The line from True could easily be suited if he's trying to convey something that's emotionally difficult. Going on your logic Imagine by John Lennon is a piece of sh*t. "Imagine ALL the people? How can I possibly imagine ALL the people. Has he no idea how many people there are? I only know a few".
LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:20am

Sounds like TJ is warming up for a plot hole thread on songs
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 11:10am

You can shake like a leaf in the breeze but you cant shake like the breeze.  The breeze doesnt shake.

These songwriters are wally brains.

And your John Lennon comparison makes as much sense as the lyrics in her song.  Now get out of that one Perry.

Edited by Trap junior - 28 Apr 2023 at 11:14am

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 11:41am
The Killers - Human

The humdinger of dodgy lyrics

''Are we human?  Or are we dancer''ErmmConfused

Someone said once that he had to use dancer instead of dancers to make it rhyme with answer.
Are we human
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human
Or are we dancer?

OR he could have changed answer to answers and then he could have used 'dancers' and at least it might have made some modicum of sense!  D'oh!

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 11:46am

You can shake like a leaf in the breeze but you cant shake like the breeze.  The breeze doesnt shake.

And your John Lennon comparison makes as much sense as the lyrics in her song.  Now get out of that one Perry.

I concede. You had me at "wally brains"

If you want a lyrically brilliant song (and I'm not sure you do) check out Do Not Let Your Spirit Wane by Gang of Youths. Terrific song. Here's an article on it
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 2:41pm

The Killers - Human

Someone said once that he had to use dancer instead of dancers to make it rhyme with answer.
Are we human
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human
Or are we dancer?

OR he could have changed answer to answers and then he could have used 'dancers' and at least it might have made some modicum of sense!  D'oh!

Cancer would have worked better than dancer.

Or if they were Irish, answers and chancers!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

The Killers - Human

Are we human
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human
Or are we dancer?

Cancer would have worked better than dancer.

Or if they were Irish, answers and chancers!

Is he Bertie or is he chancer?
His bank account is swollen
His palms are cold
And the Mahon Tribunal is looking for an answer
Is he Bertie or is he chancer

Better?

Edited by Trap junior - 28 Apr 2023 at 9:22pm

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 8:41am
People in the gym who go in a sauna and then get straight into the jacuzzi. Granted this is first world problems, but I don't want to effectively be sat in water filled up with your sweat.

Have a shower. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

People in the gym who go in a sauna and then get straight into the jacuzzi. Granted this is first world problems, but I don't want to effectively be sat in water filled up with your sweat.

Have a shower. 
You could have stopped after gym. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 9:49am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Have a shower. 

In my defence, I only use the pool at the gym to race the granny's and feel good about myself when I beat them  
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 10:15am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Have a shower. 

In my defence, I only use the pool at the gym to race the granny's and feel good about myself when I beat them  

What pool. Asking for a friend (sham) 
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 1:20pm

Well breeze /wind is caused by reverberations/shaking in the earths atmospheric pressure so yes technically the breeze does shake Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 945946947948949 984>
  Share Topic