You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 912913914915916 987>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 10:01pm
A lot of my posts here are driving related, and this is a comparatively minor one, but people who don't know what hazard lights are for. Amount of people pulled in on the side of a road causing an obstruction with the left indicator flashing.

Also, driving on a side road/alley through town and there's a car parked beside the opposition footpath. Old woman plows through even though I have right of way and when I stare daggers at her she waves me off as if to say "f**k off". Take into account this was a woman who was at least 70 and looked like a churchgoer.

Was absolutely raging, but I will admit she burned me good.

Same town, there's a national road going through and the cars plow on going 100, ignoring the speed signs, and you'd be taking your life into your hands using the pedestrian crossing going into/leaving the supermarket.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Oct 2022 at 10:06pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 3:06pm
Those obnoxiously large Man City LED pitchside advertising.  Distracting as f**k. (I'm sure thats the point)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:58pm
Computers that do weird sh*t for no fooking reason.  For example a while ago my screen brightness buttons stopped working for no apparent reason.  Its on max brightness by default and like looking into a nuclear explosion

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:59pm
You are an utter disaster with any form of technology LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bad news for you lads is I'm a pilot

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:07pm
The influx of rickety cars, many with L plates, many which probably aren't insured/taxed/NCT'd/roadworthy, driving slowly around town increasing the length of every journey. They fervently indicate when they're not supposed to; they don't indicate when they're supposed to; you give them right of way at a junction and they inch along, or stop, like a deer in headlights with no clue what they're supposed to do; wait for traffic lights to turn red approaching every light as if their mere presence means you're supposed to reduce speed even when the light is green; brake abruptly when the lights are amber even though you're supposed to continue at the same speed if it's reasonable to do so; have no idea what those yellow boxes are for; don't know what hazard lights are for; et cetera.

No qualified passengers of course, which would go some way to rectifying this.

I don't even know why these people need cars. They never have reason to leave the town limits. Are they so lazy that they can't walk fifteen minutes to another part of town to get groceries?

And here's me stupidly assuming the cost of living crisis and surplus of ebikes would reduce the amount of people clogging up the roads!

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 Oct 2022 at 9:09pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The influx of rickety cars, many with L plates, many which probably aren't insured/taxed/NCT'd/roadworthy, driving slowly around town increasing the length of every journey. They fervently indicate when they're not supposed to; they don't indicate when they're supposed to; you give them right of way at a junction and they inch along, or stop, like a deer in headlights with no clue what they're supposed to do; wait for traffic lights to turn red approaching every light as if their mere presence means you're supposed to reduce speed even when the light is green; brake abruptly when the lights are amber even though you're supposed to continue at the same speed if it's reasonable to do so; have no idea what those yellow boxes are for; don't know what hazard lights are for; et cetera.

No qualified passengers of course, which would go some way to rectifying this.

I don't even know why these people need cars. They never have reason to leave the town limits. Are they so lazy that they can't walk fifteen minutes to another part of town to get groceries?

And here's me stupidly assuming the cost of living crisis and surplus of ebikes would reduce the amount of people clogging up the roads!

Haven't noticed an increase or any worse L plate drivers anymore than I have in the past 20 years of being on the road but what I have noticed is people that dont need to be driving everywhere, driving f**king everywhere.

School pickups being the worst of it, housing estate is surrounded by 3 schools and they all start/finish at the same time. No way in or out at 9am and 2.30pm Mon - Fri. Most the offenders clogging up the road live in said f**king housing estate. A 5 min walk, max 10 if you live on the far side of the estate. When I went to school there in the 80s/90s there might have been one or two cars tops dropping kids off on their way to somewhere else. Everyone used to walk or cycle to school.

The kids and parents are all boarder line obese too. There used to be maybe one fat kids per class back in the day, now they're all little barrelers.

Same goes for the local shops too, slap bang in the middle of the estate with only handful of parking spots completely rammed with dopes driving 200m down the road for the milk or paper!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Bad news for you lads is I'm a pilot

Your not a pilot...are ya? LOL have you tried turning your laptop on and off again?? LOLLOLLOL
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 4:01pm
Anyone notice a growing habit of drivers just forcing their way in front of you when you have right of way, instead of waiting for someone to let them merge, to the point where you have to maneuver or slam the brakes and narrowly avoid a collision? Are they emboldened to do it because you'd be liable for crashing into them from behind? Seems to be happening on a daily basis now, people having no patience to wait any length of time while waiting to merge.

Also, parked cars pulling out in front of you without indicating. A lot of younger drivers seem to think it's optional to indicate.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 07 Oct 2022 at 4:09pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 5:48pm
When you're eating something nice but the very last piece/bite of it is manky.

Made a baked potato loaded with chili and cheese there for dinner, was lovely until the last quarter of the potato was a bad bit.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:28pm
When you've made your dinner and you're bringing it over to the table and the plate falls and food his the ground. 

Then the uneasy feeling when you have put the food back on your plate and eaten it anyway 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 12:54pm
Even in 2022 the Parish priest is still the first person to go too for RTE when something happens in a town 

'The town is numb and in shock' come off it. You're trying to make this out that the everyone in the area is going round with a sour sad face

Catholic Ireland alive and well thanks to RTE

Edited by Healy52003 - 08 Oct 2022 at 12:55pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Even in 2022 the Parish priest is still the first person to go too for RTE when something happens in a town 

'The town is numb and in shock' come off it. You're trying to make this out that the everyone in the area is going round with a sour sad face

Catholic Ireland alive and well thanks to RTE

Most other people don’t like to speak in camera.  The priest sees it as their job and responsibility.  Blaming Rte is a bit much.  Anyway who cares as it’s of no importance who speaks when something as tragic as this happens. 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:34pm
People who use the phrase”north of”. 
“Yeah man,it’s a figure north of 10 grand like”. Twats
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Gerry Adams

I use ''north of'' as in ''north of Ireland''.     Say goodbye to your kneecaps.

Edited by Trap junior - 08 Oct 2022 at 2:08pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:55pm

BSM have you introduced 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter into your vocab yet?

I can picture the scene, scheduling a job for the 4th quarter 😎
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:58pm

BSM have you introduced 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter into your vocab yet?

I can picture the scene, scheduling a job for the 4th quarter 😎

Ya for sure. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:59pm
Corns on feet. f**king painful little bastards. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 912913914915916 987>
  Share Topic