You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 857858859860861 984>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Who said OTB were around when Kerr go the sack? Confused Kenny has enjoyed unprecedented support from the Irish media that no other manager has ever received. He is very fortunate hat no other manager of Ireland has ever experienced such a free pass.  If it was Eddie Howe with Kenny's record he would have been lambasted by the same journalists and would have been sacked long ago.

BTW I really doubt Ger Gilroy et al were in junior cert in 2005.  Maybe they were on Transition Year work experience when they set up the show.

Ger Gilroy is a bit older than his fellow colleagues. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Who said OTB were around when Kerr go the sack? Confused Kenny has enjoyed unprecedented support from the Irish media that no other manager has ever received. He is very fortunate hat no other manager of Ireland has ever experienced such a free pass.  If it was Eddie Howe with Kenny's record he would have been lambasted by the same journalists and would have been sacked long ago.

BTW I really doubt Ger Gilroy et al were in junior cert in 2005.  Maybe they were on Transition Year work experience when they set up the show.

Ken Early? Eoin McDevitt?  Kids they were in 2005 I suppose?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 10:53am

They are not on OTB.  They left a good number of years ago. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 10:59am

They are not on OTB.  They left a good number of years ago. 

They were on it in the past  and they are full of support for Kenny now.

Anyway you are deliberately going down a stupid rabbit hole.  We all know the media have given Kenny a very easy ride that no previous manager has ever received.  If it was a progressive English manager with the same ideas getting the same poor results as Kenny got he would have been hounded out by the media here including the football hipsters on OTB or Second Captains.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:02am
Aye, Baldricks gone down the rabbit hole in this whataboutery argument LOL

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Nov 2021 at 11:08am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:16am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yep you too.  Knowing right well what I was referring to yet decide to start a pointless tangent going on about OTB being around in 2005.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:22am
Ken Early looks like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:23am

Yep you too.  Knowing right well what I was referring to yet decide to start a pointless tangent going on about OTB being around in 2005.
I explained that sports media was completely different 18 years ago. It’s apples & oranges. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:32am

I explained that sports media was completely different 18 years ago. It’s apples & oranges. 

Its irrelevant to the argument.  Irish journalists in print media and commentators on radio were always waiting in the wings to jump on the irish managers back at the first opportunity.   They turned on Charlton , McCarthy, Kerr, Stan, Trap and MON and again Mick.  These journalists like to be the first in with their digs ahead of the public. 

For some reason Kenny has enjoyed unprecedented protection from criticism from journalists.  If it was Eddie Howe with the same results in the job he'd be run out of Ireland.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:35am

Its irrelevant to the argument.  Irish journalists in print media and commentators on radio were always waiting in the wings to jump on the irish managers back at the first opportunity.   They turned on Charlton , McCarthy, Kerr, Stan, Trap and MON and again Mick.  These journalists like to be the first in with their digs ahead of the public. 

For some reason Kenny has enjoyed unprecedented protection from criticism from journalists.  If it was Eddie Howe with the same results in the job he'd be run out of Ireland.

Usually it was the journalists who were criticising the manager and the ex players were defending him (exception being Dunphy). 

With Kenny it’s the opposite.  The journalists have by and large being supportive of Kenny (Quinn and Lennon not so much) and the ex players and manager not so much Brady Dunne Delaney Kerr McGrath King Babb Walters Kilbane
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:53am

Usually it was the journalists who were criticising the manager and the ex players were defending him (exception being Dunphy). 

With Kenny it’s the opposite.  The journalists have by and large being supportive of Kenny (Quinn and Lennon not so much) and the ex players and manager not so much Brady Dunne Delaney Kerr McGrath King Babb Walters Kilbane

Exactly, but why?   Why are journalists so supportive of him when they usually cant wait to put the knife in?

I'm open to Kenny.  I hope he does well but have no qualms about him being sacked if he is not doing the business..  At the moment he is doing well so happy for him to continue.  But it seems that Kenny could lose his next 10 matches and these journalists would still back him for some odd reason.  Like I say if it was an English progressive coach such as Howe getting poor results while attempting the same football he would have been sacked months ago.

For example I was listening to OTB and they were way over the top in their praise of the performace the last night against Luxembourg.  Realistically for the first 60 mins we were pretty poor.  Sloppy passes, Duffy was having a mare.  We were very lucky not to have their goal allowed.  I think it was incredibly soft to disallow it.  When it went in I was thinking.  sh*t we are in huge trouble here and Kenny will be sacked.  If that goal is allowed I don't think we would have come back from it.  Maybe a draw at best.   Yes we played well the last 25 mins or so and thought the two goals were lovely.  Yet on OTB I cant remember the journalist they had on who was asked if he thoght we played poorly 1st half he said no I dont agree with that we played well the whole game.  Basically said he was at the game in the press box and thought we played very well.  This is patently untrue.  Then I think it was Joe Molloy who then went on a sycophantic rant about how good things are now in the camp.  We beat 3 dud teams.  Lets not get carried away.  Were they this positive when Ireland beat Gibralter 4-0 and 7-0?  No.  It was basically ah its only Gibraltar we cant read too much into these games.

I would agree there is progress but at the end of the day we still were unable to beat the teams we strive to beat at home which has plagued us since Mick left in 2002. Same results (in fact worse) but just a different way of going about it.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 12:14pm
The journalist who said that was Phillip Quinn I believe who is a critic of Kenny 😀😀😀

The protection of Kenny from many journalists has been made up for by the criticism he has received from the ex player ex manager group who haven’t given him a chance and I believe think that if he succeeds it will be a stain on their record of playing rudimentary results based football.  

There is a culture war going on in Irish football and thankfully the Majority of the fans support the manager.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 12:29pm
We all want good football but not to the expense of acceptable results which Kenny was walking on very thin ice on.

My point is the medias treatment if him has been very unfair in comparison to previous managers. He has received special treatment.  Even Tony O'Donoghue has never asked him one hard question or question designed to provoke a reaction.

The ex pros are possibly annoyed with Kenny saying before he got the job that we played poor football and that he totally disagreed with the fact we didnt have the players etc..  Without saying it directly he was taking pot shots at the previous regimes.  That's probably the reason.  The other reason may be that they think he is not up to the job which I think is fair enough if that is their motive.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 12:44pm
Met a load of fellas at the Luxembourg game who would give any English firm a run for their money in the wardrobe department. All in black and that Stone Island wear.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Met a load of fellas at the Luxembourg game who would give any English firm a run for their money in the wardrobe department. All in black and that Stone Island wear.
Any of those ridiculous man bags that the Man City and Chelsea fans were wearing at the CL final? The state of them!
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 3:19pm

We all want good football but not to the expense of acceptable results which Kenny was walking on very thin ice on.

My point is the medias treatment if him has been very unfair in comparison to previous managers. He has received special treatment.  Even Tony O'Donoghue has never asked him one hard question or question designed to provoke a reaction.

The ex pros are possibly annoyed with Kenny saying before he got the job that we played poor football and that he totally disagreed with the fact we didnt have the players etc..  Without saying it directly he was taking pot shots at the previous regimes.  That's probably the reason.  The other reason may be that they think he is not up to the job which I think is fair enough if that is their motive.

To be fair to Kenny, he has only been in the job a little over a year. We had a lot of competitive games in that time. Most of the managers from the past had a mix of competitive games but way more friendly games. They were not so much judged on poor results in friendlies and a lot of our previous managers had poor enough starts to their careers as manager when you include the friendly games in their stats. Obviously Kenny had a rotten run in at the start but I think we can all see he was dealing also with a unique set of circumstances for the first half 6 months. Since fans are back and things are back to normal, results have improved greatly. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Ken Early looks like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. 

LOL LOL LOL 

Brilliant. He does look like him.

Kenny put the lotion in the basket 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 3:02pm
Antonio Conte's voice.  I dont know why but the sound where he says 'ehhh' in between sentences has a grating noise similar to scraping nails on a blackboard.  It just makes me shudder.  His voicebox just vibrates horribly.

Edited by Trap junior - 21 Nov 2021 at 3:03pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 857858859860861 984>
  Share Topic