You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 647648649650651 988>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I remember when I was 13 when the FA Cup final was a big day, my uncle had red and white bunting up at his house for United v Everton. There was a big crowd there to watch the match and after Everton won another man, who would have been around 40 at the time was actually crying.

Each to their own though.  

CRYING LOL thats pathetic
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:49am
Imagine the confsuion if someone from Longsight was teleported to a Dublin suburb and stunple across a house covered in bunting with a crying adult male inside because his local team had lost. It would blow the English boys mind. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

I once saw an Everton "fan" and Manchester United "fan" having a fist fight after a game between the two on the street outside a pub in Dublin. A lad from Longsight or Wavertree would have found it an hillarious sight no doubt. People in the North west of England ate able to find humour in the bizzare which is what that was. 

They could have been fighting over anything Confused

They were fist fighting over Tony Hibberts qualities as a footballer. I saw the whole thing unfold. Both pretty good fighters to be fair to them. The Everton "fan" was older probably started supporting then when they won the league in the 80s. The "United" fan was younger probably started supporting them when they won the lot in the 90s

Tony f**king Hibbert!! As good a reason as any LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:17pm
I see jet 2 diverted an Ibiza bound plane to Toulouse and threw the guy off and banned him for life - fair play if only other airlines would follow suit

Although earlier reports say it was unsure if he was charged with anything in Toulouse - htf does forcing a plane to get diverted extra fuel, extra time spent not result in charges of a criminal and financial charges
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 3:05pm
Its that time of year again, just after a period of warm weather, when the office fat lad has the air con on as cold as possible even on days such as today when it isn't even that warm.

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 3:18pm
Fat lads need loving too. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Fat lads need loving too. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:15pm

I remember when I was 13 when the FA Cup final was a big day, my uncle had red and white bunting up at his house for United v Everton. There was a big crowd there to watch the match and after Everton won another man, who would have been around 40 at the time was actually crying.

Each to their own though.  

I really like that story. It makes me realise that life is not so bad if you actually can start crying over a match in which the participants wouldnt even know you're alive.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:58am

Its that time of year again, just after a period of warm weather, when the office fat lad has the air con on as cold as possible even on days such as today when it isn't even that warm.

But aren’t you lucky you are only there for 10 minutes while you sign on
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:00am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

But aren’t you lucky you are only there for 10 minutes while you sign on

Not bad, 5/10

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:03am
RTE blocking out programmes on Sky in the north

Not only the world cup matches, but its now the Sunday Game last night I see!

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I see jet 2 diverted an Ibiza bound plane to Toulouse and threw the guy off and banned him for life - fair play if only other airlines would follow suit

Although earlier reports say it was unsure if he was charged with anything in Toulouse - htf does forcing a plane to get diverted extra fuel, extra time spent not result in charges of a criminal and financial charges

Or and here's a novel idea. Don't allow the f**kers to board if they're pissed Shocked

Edited by Denis Irwin - 18 Jun 2018 at 9:17am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Or and here's a novel idea. Don't allow the f**kers to board if they're pissed Shocked

Ryanair calling for pub closures while the continue to serve drink on board LOL 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:05am

Aye seen that why doesn’t o Leary come out with 
Banned for life and
We are seeking to recover costs through the courts 

It’s not as if he is shy of publicity 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:30am

Aye seen that why doesn’t o Leary come out with 
Banned for life and
We are seeking to recover costs through the courts 

It’s not as if he is shy of publicity 
Seen some stuff online about this including a tweet from Brian Gartland who was on the flight. Anyhow, every tweet/fb post ive read all say that these lads were annoying nobody, were causing no bother and the only issue was that the crew spotted empty naggins, ie drinking their own instead of buying on board. These were accompanied by pics of the welcoming committee that awaited the plane in Paris that included police and soldiers. All of the comments suggest a massive over reaction by the crew for a few lads supping their own. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:08am

I don't know all the ins and outs of this case but I can relate to what Sham posted. We were flying back to Dublin from Poland after the pre 2016 Euro qualifier. There was 3 of us on the plane and we were fairly subdued as the previous two days boozing had taken a toll. Anyway, the gargling was now more of a logistical crutch to get home before the jock hit. I fully accept that I can be loud and annoying when on the lash occasionally but this was not one of those times. We boarded the Ryanair flight fairly silently and sat shellshocked in our seats discreetly sipping the single can that each had snuck on to the plane. One of the cabin crew spotted the tins and marched up to us, confiscated them without any protestations and informed us as part of a long lecture "that the police would be waiting for us in Dublin if there was any further indiscretions of any nature". I was actually pretty bewildered by the severity of the speech but was happy enough to slip off to sleep for the remainder of the journey. The lads said that yer man raced down to our isle a few times to perform the equivalent of a spot check. 

I've seen a lot of acting the bollox on Ryanair flights go unpunished but they really don't like people supplying their own gargle. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Ryanair calling for pub closures while the continue to serve drink on board LOL 

A lot of thirsty people getting on his flights too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:25am
If it is just sneaking your own drink on board then what exactly is the crime and why are police waiting at the other side? If they are selling booze on board there can't be anything really criminal about it? If someone is caught with a naggin down the pub on a Saturday night do the army turn up there too?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 647648649650651 988>
  Share Topic