You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 937938939940941 984>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:08pm
Nothing smug about getting the spot they are dead handy when you have the buggy as they give extra space amd you can open the door fully which is often hard to do in a normal spot, especially if someone has not parked centrally between the lines in the normal spot. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Feb 2023 at 10:09pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:09pm
Fair play to them those spots are a load of sh*te.  Why should a parent get preference over someone over 70.   
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Fair play to them those spots are a load of sh*te.  Why should a parent get preference over someone over 70.   

As said above, the extra space they give
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:46pm

Why don’t they provide other spaces for older people too? In some Latin American countries anyone over 65 or anyone with small kids can automatically go to the top of any queue or often there’ll be a special queue just for them. Same with parking - all the nearest, biggest spots are for them - it’s a sign that a society recognised the challenges of different life stages and provides support for them.. rather than playing one group against another, start asking for better for them all..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 12:34am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Why don’t they provide other spaces for older people too? In some Latin American countries anyone over 65 or anyone with small kids can automatically go to the top of any queue or often there’ll be a special queue just for them. Same with parking - all the nearest, biggest spots are for them - it’s a sign that a society recognised the challenges of different life stages and provides support for them.. rather than playing one group against another, start asking for better for them all..

Hear, hear.
I'm not about me deserving spaces closer to the door over someone else but the designated spots for parents with young kids are functional, they have about 1 meter either side of the car doors so (a) you have more space to get the child out and into buggy and (b) you are not obstructing others parking around you as you take a bit longer to get going as you strap them in.
You know what it's like in a normal space if someone parks right beside you and your doors are beside each other, you have to wait for the other one to leave before you can exit. 
If the designated space for parents with young kids was nearer the back of the car park but gave you that room but you need to walk a little further then I'd still go for that space when I've the baby on board.

I wouldn't be surprised if some anxious parents/nervous drivers don't even stop to park if none of those spaces are available and just go home and as said, about 50% are ****s going solo thinking "f**k this I dont give a f**k ill take this big spot closest the door". 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 7:59am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Nothing smug about getting the spot they are dead handy when you have the buggy as they give extra space amd you can open the door fully which is often hard to do in a normal spot, especially if someone has not parked centrally between the lines in the normal spot. 

I have grandkids can I use those spaces 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 8:01am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Better for all groups results in what ? 

If the have to have the parents parking spots they should be right down the back as Andy says.  Can a parent with teenagers park there.  Or do you have to have a buggy to park there.  If you have kids but don’t have them with you can you park there.  

I think the priority (if you don’t have priority everyone is then the same). Should be those with disabilities and also those over 70.  

Speaking of car parks.  Brought two of the kids for a walk on Sunday. Parked in a park where there was loads of spots free and picked one where there was five spaces feee either side.  Came back and one gobsh*te had parked beside me and there was still loads of spaces free.  😀😀😀

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Feb 2023 at 8:05am
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Yes that is what they are for if you have the grandkids with you. Much more convenient when getting babies from their car seat when you can fully open the car door. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:06am

Yes that is what they are for if you have the grandkids with you. Much more convenient when getting babies from their car seat when you can fully open the car door. 

Yep I am with NR on that one , hey and if you don't have the kids with you well it's still a go if you ask me . Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 12:05pm
Not sure what the one for kids are for really apart for extra space to open doors and get car seats in/out of. If kids are in buggies, why do they need to be closer. 

Old people/disabled spots should be near doors.
Wide spots for buggies should be bigger but further away
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 3:46pm

But It doesnt necessarily  say that though does it ? it just says 'reserved for people with Kids'  - no mention of the kids have to be with you

Can i not just show them a photograpgh of the grandkids in Liverpool  ?

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 4:13pm

But It doesnt necessarily  say that though does it ? it just says 'reserved for people with Kids'  - no mention of the kids have to be with you

Well its not like a disabled spot where you need a pass and people are policing their usage its more about having a bit of curtesy towards families with young children where it is going to be more challenging at times to get the kids out of the car in a regular parking space.
It's a nice to have for parents with young kids as they are functional so it's  annoying when there is no spot available and especially when it's filled by people who are taking the space without kids as they have the attitude 'because I can'. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 4:30pm

Once you mention Liverpool they will back off and check their pockets and bins 

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Feb 2023 at 4:30pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:15pm
The theory behind parent and child spaces is supposed to be more space for getting children in and out of cars but supermarkets use them to entice high value customers. Parents with young children spend a fortune in supermarkets and don't visit as often as older or single people. The mother whose single visit is spending €250 a week is their best client, so gets the best parking. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

The theory behind parent and child spaces is supposed to be more space for getting children in and out of cars but supermarkets use them to entice high value customers. Parents with young children spend a fortune in supermarkets and don't visit as often as older or single people. The mother whose single visit is spending €250 a week is their best client, so gets the best parking. 

This should be in things you learned today 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 11:43pm
Hotels, come and enjoy our facilities relaxing and unwind for €200 + then get the f**k out at 10 the next morning.
Chips don't bounce
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 2:22pm
The likes of 'Facebook Reels' when there are videos of supposedely real-life situations but they are so obviously staged (and badly acted). 

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 10:15pm

The likes of 'Facebook Reels' when there are videos of supposedely real-life situations but they are so obviously staged (and badly acted). 

The whole Facebook reel thing annoys me. All I ever seem to see is the beginning of a video that looks like a lorry is going to hit a bridge or a ferry collide with a quay. 

So I click it and that thing doesn’t happen. I want to know why I’m even watching it so I look at the comments and it tells me I have to look at Instagram to see the comments. 

I f**king hate it. But keep clicking it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 937938939940941 984>
  Share Topic