You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 903904905906907 984>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 5:21pm
Hotels seemed to have slipped in 11am check outs recently.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Hummm rich fecker who can afford them Question
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:33pm

Was in Rome this week and some of the hotels had 10am checkouts.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:05pm

Recently? 

From my experience it's usually been 11am as far as I remember. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:33am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Recently? 

From my experience it's usually been 11am as far as I remember. 
I'd always been in hotels where it was in for 2pm and out at 12pm. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:47am
I've seen 3pm and 4pm checking in times and 10am and 11am check out. I'm fairly sure that back in the day it was 12pm in and out, so long as a room was ready.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:11pm
When we won in Vienna in 2016 I went on the rip and got back to the hotel at 4am. There was an 11am check out time.  Had the worst hangover ever and literally couldnt get out of bed.  Yer wan was banging on the door.  The headache and stomach were attrocious.  Had no energy.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

When we won in Vienna in 2016 I went on the rip and got back to the hotel at 4am. There was an 11am check out time.  Had the worst hangover ever and literally couldnt get out of bed.  Yer wan was banging on the door.  The headache and stomach were attrocious.  Had no energy.

Obnoxious behaviour.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 4:06pm
Have to say my best one was when in Rajasthan in India our check out time was 6am , now they had it right as the only train out was at 7am each day Cool
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nothing worse especially if the flight is at 10pm that night. Your dizzy, you can't eat anything drinking water makes it worse as it just comes back up straight away, every ache and pain you think that's it I'm history and your in a foreign country where you think nobody speaks English if you have to go to hospital(but they normally do). 

Edited by jamo1 - 07 Aug 2022 at 6:58pm
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 12:36pm
Driving through an intersection in any small Irish town and a car (always a middle-aged or older man) slowly proceeds past while gawking at you with a gormless smirk on their face like something out of Deliverance as you patiently wait to make your turn.

Young Irish lads walking around looking like what they think Americans their age look like. Shorts, NBA jerseys and backwards baseball caps like they're  Bart Simpson. Yeah, that's what American kids dressed like in 1992. Just thirty years behind the rest of the world as always, lads.

The way Gaelic players are constantly shoving each other during matches completely unprovoked like something from a wildlife show featuring territorial animals during mating season.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 19 Aug 2022 at 12:23am
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 11:55pm
Parents who have recently become parents to think there somehow more Intelligent than you and that your opinion on basically anything Is Irrelevant. Love the line well you don't have kids as a response or when there's talk of going for a drink and the chap cant and says not easy these days with the kids now that's true offcourse but its not an Illness either. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 10:12pm
I got Sky Q a few months ago
Can’t get to grips with it at all, moving channels, checking what’s on other channels etc 
Bring back the old Sky Digital set up 

You can’t even check the time that easily 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 10:32pm
There's an overtaking lane going about 300m before the lanes merge where the speed limit goes from 80 to 100. Can't tell you the amount of times the car in front of me goes from driving 10 under the speed limit to trying to match your speed when you're trying to overtake them before the lanes merge. Almost led to a head-on collision the other day. It's like they're trying to cause an accident!

It's happened several times in my life where I've overtaken someone who's driving below the limit, and when it's safe to do so, but they start accelerating when you overtake, and you either slam the brakes and go back in behind them or basically take your life into your hands.

Doesn't seem to be boy racers either. Seems to be middle-aged people who do be at it, mostly.

Can't understand what goes on in people's heads.

If someone wants to overtake me, especially in an overtaking lane that goes 300-400m, I'm not going to accelerate and risk committing manslaughter in order to prove a point (whatever it is).
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 10:45pm
There does be a lot of that on the roads alright. 

Hate as well when on a single lane National road that has a hard shoulder and there is a slow driver who won't just pull into the left a bit into the hard shoulder and let you drive by. You even get some who will hug the right hand side of the lane to make it even harder to perform the overtake. Then the worst the drivers who seem to even speed up! 

Even if I am not noticing someone coming flying up behind me and do the overtake, as much as I might think "look at this prick flying along" I would Still even slow down a little to make sure they got into the lane safely 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Hate as well when on a single lane National road that has a hard shoulder and there is a slow driver who won't just pull into the left a bit into the hard shoulder and let you drive by. You even get some who will hug the right hand side of the lane to make it even harder to perform the overtake. Then the worst the drivers who seem to even speed up! 

Even if I am not noticing someone coming flying up behind me and do the overtake, as much as I might think "look at this prick flying along" I would Still even slow down a little to make sure they got into the lane safely 

Why o why do people do 80KM in a 100KM zone. It's so frustrating.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 11:25pm

its a speed limit not a target.. why would you drive the maximum speed legally permissible on road you might not be at all familiar with? 80 in a 100 is acceptable, 70 in a 100 is beginning to take the piss a bit 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

its a speed limit not a target.. why would you drive the maximum speed legally permissible on road you might not be at all familiar with? 80 in a 100 is acceptable, 70 in a 100 is beginning to take the piss a bit 

You shouldn't be on the road in that case. The amount of people who treat the tiniest bend as if they're driving on a cliff's edge in the Himalayas...

Don't get me started on the amount of idiots who go an entire journey without using indicators and coast just about or under the limit in a passing lane.

My driving instructor told me to go into turnoffs maintaining the same speed before gradually decreasing when I see the signs telling me to do so, yet the usual gobsh*tes slow to a crawl when they're doing it.

It's infuriating.

So many extremes. People who think they're in a simulation of Gran Turismo and the other extreme of tentative drivers who think you're supposed to drive five car lengths from the car in front of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 903904905906907 984>
  Share Topic