You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 856857858859860 984>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

on line checkin 24 hrs before departure Easyjet is 30 days !
Doesn't really make a difference in fairness..its not like they'll say oh sorry the plane is full when check in does open LOL
Its a complete pain
I  have 20 mins to down boarding passes before jumping in car heading down to Dublin get checked in hotel then leg to over to meet friends for a meal at 4 before the match

then away mid morning on Friday

I would rather have it all sorted by now

You could fill it in as quickly as it took writing your post Confused
It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

on line checkin 24 hrs before departure Easyjet is 30 days !
Doesn't really make a difference in fairness..its not like they'll say oh sorry the plane is full when check in does open LOL
Its a complete pain
I  have 20 mins to down boarding passes before jumping in car heading down to Dublin get checked in hotel then leg to over to meet friends for a meal at 4 before the match

then away mid morning on Friday

I would rather have it all sorted by now

You could fill it in as quickly as it took writing your post Confused

It doesn’t open for 5 hours 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:39am

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Takes less than 30 seconds to check in on their app! 

who ?

Ryanair, if its Luxair it'll be about 2 mins, but they also offer free check on ah the airport 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:56am
Most airlines have apps these day where it takes maybe a minute or two at most to checkin.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 3:10am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Male adults who post on social media a happy birthday to their other Male friends every time its one of their birthday that includes a picture with the two of them. 

I get this if its girls posting a happy birthday with a picture as getting dolled up and taking pictures and looking back at pictures is what they love to do. I also get it if it's a funny picture and the person sending the happy birthday with accompanying picture is doing it to rip the piss or get a laugh. Also if it's a boyfriend or husband having to do it for their partner (to avoid getting it in the ear you didn't give them a public happy birthday). But just a group of lads who always send each other a happy birthday message to each other where they are posing with a pint and an arm around the other and a 'happy birthday mate' is fecking sad. Same photo then rehashed every year. 

I'm taking this from another site. But it aptly describes what Facebook is designed to do, make you stay on the platform for as long as possible so they can make as much money as possible from you. 

As a side note, this is also why big tech social media platforms have become so harmful/destructive. A company like Facebook for example, has hired entire teams of psychologists who certainly know about this science of habits/addiction and have intentionally designed the user experience to effectively replicate a digital slot machine on FB and IG's interfaces.

If you were on those platforms way back when, you probably remembered that timelines were still in chronological order and eventually came to an end - but that wasn't reinforcing enough behavior. So, eventually, they decided to mix everything up in your feed and randomize it enough with content that's less interesting with the intermittent salient/fascinating posts that their big data collection algorithms tells them you tend to be more interested in (you stop scrolling and spend more time looking at it, or engage with more clicks), just enough to keep you mindlessly scrolling forever and ever so that more screen time = more ad revenues.

Extend this out to its logical conclusion and you have the giant dumpster fire of society that is FB these days. Digital slot machines peddling absolute garbage content that hijacks people's dopamine reward systems to optimize profits.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 7:12pm
Watching the U-21 game and there's a group of four lads in their twenties in the front row dressed all in the same kind of black clothes like they're Westlife and it reminded me of something.

Is there an unwritten rule that when young lads are going out in public with each other that they have to wear the same kind of clothes? I swear every time I see them they're dressed in the same clothes. It's synchronised; if one is wearing shorts, all of them are. Same with hoodies, windbreakers, jumpers, black, white...

And I've never understood students going to the shop with each other buying food and drink, either. Is that not something you do with your partner or child, or mum if you're a young lad?

The skin fade thing is something I won't mock, though. I feel like they automatically raise men's attractiveness the same way leggings and yoga pants have been a game changer for women.

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 4:05am
firemen 
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 4:07am
trigboy10 giving out about firemen at 4 in the morning 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 7:39pm
The FREENOW ad may just be the most irritating ad I have ever seen.

DeadAngry
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:50am
Journalists who like to play up their closeness to the situation when giving interviews and make it more about themselves 

“Funny you should say that, I was talking to sheamus (Coleman) after the game and he said cuz…”

“Before the game I put it to Stephen (Kenny) about past performance and you could tell he didn’t really like that question”.

“Funny you should say that and before first goal, I turned to X and said this is a great position for a goal and it went in so I had that feeling “ (who cares you t**ser)

“My sources say that….” 

So smug

Edited by t_rAndy - 17 Nov 2021 at 12:51am
CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:12am
Lufthansa. Allow you to check in 23 hours before departure but then have to queue for 2 hours in Dublin airport to get your boarding passes as they have to see your COVID cert. Could they not let you add your cert as part of the check in service?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:17am

Journalists who like to play up their closeness to the situation when giving interviews and make it more about themselves 

“Funny you should say that, I was talking to sheamus (Coleman) after the game and he said cuz…”

“Before the game I put it to Stephen (Kenny) about past performance and you could tell he didn’t really like that question”.

“Funny you should say that and before first goal, I turned to X and said this is a great position for a goal and it went in so I had that feeling “ (who cares you t**ser)

“My sources say that….” 

So smug

Is that from the Off the Ball podcast?

Fair play to Kenny as he has turned things around but they are so far up his hole its unreal.  The praise is way OTT.  Brian Kerr didn't get any of this sort of support and he was getting better results (I am not a fan of Kerr's reign btw).  

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:28am
OTB are up his hole alright but I think they are also all in the boat that a lot of fans here are in as in we were sick of years of players playing with fear and not able to hold onto the ball and prepared to wait more than one campaign for things to click into place. 

But they also have a few journos they bring in from time to time who I find very annoying with their 'my sources' or 'I was talking to so and so and...; as if they are part of the team or something. Not just from Ireland but also others like that Mitten guy who covers Utd or Hunter covering La Liga.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The FREENOW ad may just be the most irritating ad I have ever seen.

DeadAngry

No where close to the Salin plus ad
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:57am

OTB are up his hole alright but I think they are also all in the boat that a lot of fans here are in as in we were sick of years of players playing with fear and not able to hold onto the ball and prepared to wait more than one campaign for things to click into place. 

But they also have a few journos they bring in from time to time who I find very annoying with their 'my sources' or 'I was talking to so and so and...; as if they are part of the team or something. Not just from Ireland but also others like that Mitten guy who covers Utd or Hunter covering La Liga.

In fairness, they also bring on Daniel Harris to counteract the ultra-positive Andy Mitten.

Also, Phillip Quinn and Gavin Cooney are brought on around the international windows to give their differing views on Kenny and where we are going, even if Quinn has softened his views recently.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 9:33am
OTB and 99% of social media wasn’t around when Kerr was manager, sports media back then was a much smaller closed shop. 
Kerr also had a fair better squad but played some very conservative football, which is why he ultimately got the sack. I remember at the being slightly disappointed he was gone but could understand the decision. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

OTB and 99% of social media wasn’t around when Kerr was manager, sports media back then was a much smaller closed shop. 
Kerr also had a fair better squad but played some very conservative football, which is why he ultimately got the sack. I remember at the being slightly disappointed he was gone but could understand the decision. 

Hence the reason he is so bitter with Kenny now.  I think he should have been kept but ultimately he went for the win every game approach including friendlies and when you finish 4th with that approach you haven’t built any credit up in the bank and he paid the price as a certain ceo was in town who wanted his own man. 

Can’t believe those lads on OTB didn’t support Kerr 16 years ago when they were doing their junior cert. 

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Nov 2021 at 9:54am
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 10:42am
Who said OTB were around when Kerr go the sack? Confused   In fact it was.  Kenny has enjoyed unprecedented support from the Irish media that no other manager has ever received. He is very fortunate hat no other manager of Ireland has ever experienced such a free pass.  If it was Eddie Howe with Kenny's record he would have been lambasted by the same journalists and would have been sacked long ago.

BTW I really doubt Ger Gilroy et al were in junior cert in 2005.  Maybe they were on Transition Year work experience when they set up the show.

Edited by Trap junior - 18 Nov 2021 at 10:44am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 856857858859860 984>
  Share Topic