You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 834835836837838 987>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 9:13am
FAO BSM. 

Welcome to Q3.  
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

FAO BSM. 

Welcome to Q3.  
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 12:37pm
***ts on amazon that "answer" a question about a product with "I don't know" or "Not sure, I bought it as a gift". Just don't answer the question then.
I was looking for a printer a while back and was trying to see if it had some features, saw that someone had asked the question and thought great, 4 answers. All 4 were I don't know.
Idiots.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 6:53pm
When you go to a restaurant with your other half and the waiter gives you a table right beside other people so you can't have any privacy, even though there are loads of empty tables.

This happened in a Chinese restaurant in Liverpool once and a heavily drunk and belligerent middle-aged man wearing an Everton jersey and tattoos all over his arms was at the next table with his wife.

"Oh here we go" I thought to myself and surely enough 10 minutes later he's heckling my girlfriend and I once he hears our accents.

Another 10 minutes pass and he's standing over me threatening to beat the sh*t out of me even though I didn't do anything while the waiter sits on his tod. 

The most frustrating thing is that they were finished eating by the time we sat down so I thought maybe I've dodged a bullet, but no!

After he finally left, a man who knew him got up from an adjoining table to apologise to us.

My second most traumatic dining experience after SHU* in Belfast.

*Nothing to do with the food or service

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Jul 2021 at 6:56pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 9:18pm
There must be more to this story than that Hotlips

So you go to a restaurant and sit beside an Everton fan with tattoos and once he hears your accents he wants to beat the sh*t out of you?
And nothing is side between the two parties before this?
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There must be more to this story than that Hotlips

So you go to a restaurant and sit beside an Everton fan with tattoos and once he hears your accents he wants to beat the sh*t out of you?
And nothing is side between the two parties before this?
The Everton fan could have done us all a favour LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

When you go to a restaurant with your other half and the waiter gives you a table right beside other people so you can't have any privacy, even though there are loads of empty tables.
I've only ever seen it when they've a quiet night and they try to create an atmosphere by bunching people up to make it feel cosier. Doesn't suit everyone.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 10:50pm
People getting excited on social media because a man wears a GAA jersey to a football match.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

People getting excited on social media because a man wears a GAA jersey to a football match.

He accomplished what he set out to do. Well, they all did. I noticed several who had the same idea.

The only time I've found something like this charming is when there was a lone Celtic fan celebrating wildly in a sea of foreign fans (can't remember what team) who scored against Rangers in a Champions League game.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:23pm
Hotels that don’t have sockets to charge your phone beside the bed 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:31pm

I only ever notice this when I'm abroad of the illogical places they decide to place a socket on a wall that makes no sense whatsoever. LOL

I would rationalize it in that the hotel may have been built before the advent of mobile phones so the only places you'd need to have a socket were behind the tv cupboard on the wall and maybe another near the door for cleaners to plug in their hoovers etc. 

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Jul 2021 at 10:32pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:00am

Stayed in a B&B in Kinsale last week - there were no electrical sockets in the room, the TV was at least 30 years old and didn't work. And then your wan tells me a hot breakfast is extra!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Stayed in a B&B in Kinsale last week - there were no electrical sockets in the room, the TV was at least 30 years old and didn't work. And then your wan tells me a hot breakfast is extra!

Dread to think how much you paid for that 'accommodation'. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:50pm
Reading today's papers and total lack of respect and decency shown at funeral of one of the men killed in motorway accident last week. Foul language used on the altar in front of the priest. Have these people any values whatsoever? What a stupid question!!!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:43pm
Off all things those scrotes did cursing in front of a priest isn't very high on the list
It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:44pm
people with their back window wiper blade going in bright sunshine - clearly they never look in their rear view mirror 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

what hospitality did you check out in Kinsale? Was there last year,fine spot
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I only ever notice this when I'm abroad of the illogical places they decide to place a socket on a wall that makes no sense whatsoever. LOL

I would rationalize it in that the hotel may have been built before the advent of mobile phones so the only places you'd need to have a socket were behind the tv cupboard on the wall and maybe another near the door for cleaners to plug in their hoovers etc. 

At Euro 2016 in Paris there was a plug high up on the wall near the light switch for the bathroom.  Only plug in the room to charge the phone.  Had to charge the phone hanging by its cord.

The FrenchThumbs Down
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 834835836837838 987>
  Share Topic