You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 825826827828829 984>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

MUP - coming in January. Going to be €2 for a can of anything half decent.

It will be from €1.70 for a can for the average alcohol content of a beer such as 4.8.  Anything stronger than that such as the craft beers is usually 2 euro a can anyway.  

So the days of a slab of 24 cans for 24 beans will be gone. Closer to 40 now. 
Or 20 bottles of Carlsberg for €12 as it was last week with your clubcard, I remember buying cans of Carlsberg in 1986 at 89p a can.....I wonder will we see the return of the famous Booze Buses to Newry. 

Is there any talk of the nordies bringing in minimum price for booze?

If not, I'll be making regular trips up (and probably do my non beer shopping while I'm there too)
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:59pm
The faux caring for people.on the breadline by posters on here is laughable.  Pretending to care for others when all they want is their cheap crate of beer 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

It will be from €1.70 for a can for the average alcohol content of a beer such as 4.8.  Anything stronger than that such as the craft beers is usually 2 euro a can anyway.  

Or 20 bottles of Carlsberg for €12 as it was last week with your clubcard, I remember buying cans of Carlsberg in 1986 at 89p a can.....I wonder will we see the return of the famous Booze Buses to Newry. 

If not, I'll be making regular trips up (and probably do my non beer shopping while I'm there too)
Yes but not as soon as January, they had agreed to do it in tandem but Donnellys taken a run at it to get his name attached to it. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:07pm

The faux caring for people.on the breadline by posters on here is laughable.  Pretending to care for others when all they want is their cheap crate of beer 😀😀😀😀

It's not about faux caring.

It's a legitimate gripe about an outcome that is an inevitability of bad policy, or the failure to use consumption taxes (or in this case government surcharges, which will benefit the retailer) properly.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:36pm

I own my own house, am I allowed care about people stuck with their parents &/or renting due to sh*te policy? 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:51pm
what exactly is the experience from Scotland ? As they have an unhealthy affair with alcohol like our selves 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:52pm
Did the sugar tax reduce consumption?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:56pm

Or 20 bottles of Carlsberg for €12 as it was last week with your clubcard, I remember buying cans of Carlsberg in 1986 at 89p a can.....I wonder will we see the return of the famous Booze Buses to Newry

As long as you leave the bottles of Stella alone you’ll be fine 

It does seem strange that they are not waiting for the north to bring it in at the the same time - you don’t need to be mystic meg to know an6body within an hours drive will head north 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:58pm
I’m not buying all this is about public health.

For as long as I can remember the politically backed vintners association has been trying trying to tackle booze sold in supermarkets, etc.

A lot of those running pubs are a bunch of money hungry f*****, ripping off the public for years. I remember when they started charging people to go into pubs on New Years, I remember first time I was charged over a fiver a pint and never went back into the rip off place (was a very long time ago, was unheard of at the time).

I’ve always been a boozer at home. But more people might’ve got used to it during Covid, and the publicans and could be getting a bit concerned now if the trend of home drinking/ house parties keeps increasing. 

Then they bring in minimum pricing for cans - nothing to see here...

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:07pm
My Dad is an alcoholic and it is down to cheap beer. Wasn't a big drinker up to his late 20's as he couldn't afford it with 3 kids and a mortgage but once he started to have enough disposable income to access cheap stuff, it became more regular, then a habit , then an addiction.

Doesn't matter what it was put up to now, he'll still drink, but it might stop someone else from starting or forming a habit.

That said, I am a fan of cheap cans myself so it will kill me having to shell out a few quid extra at the weekend!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I own my own house, am I allowed care about people stuck with their parents &/or renting due to sh*te policy? 

Of course you are but I don’t believe any of the posters actually care, they are just pissed off they will have to pay a few more Bob for their cans. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

My Dad is an alcoholic and it is down to cheap beer. Wasn't a big drinker up to his late 20's as he couldn't afford it with 3 kids and a mortgage but once he started to have enough disposable income to access cheap stuff, it became more regular, then a habit , then an addiction.

Doesn't matter what it was put up to now, he'll still drink, but it might stop someone else from starting or forming a habit.

That said, I am a fan of cheap cans myself so it will kill me having to shell out a few quid extra at the weekend!

Good post.  Hope your Dad finds a solution that works for him and your family. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

what exactly is the experience from Scotland ? As they have an unhealthy affair with alcohol like our selves 
Think sales down between 3 and 8 %, 2018 was the year of implementation and had the lowest level of consumptionin 25 years..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 06 May 2021 at 10:03pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Think sales down between 3 and 8 %, 2018 was the year of implementation and had the lowest level of consumptionin 25 years..

Id be in Glasgow few times a year. Friends of mine there, drive to Carlisle for cheaper drink every few months, and can see the same happening here. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:55pm

For as long as I can remember the politically backed vintners association has been trying trying to tackle booze sold in supermarkets, etc.

A lot of those running pubs are a bunch of money hungry f*****, ripping off the public for years. I remember when they started charging people to go into pubs on New Years, I remember first time I was charged over a fiver a pint and never went back into the rip off place (was a very long time ago, was unheard of at the time).

I’ve always been a boozer at home. But more people might’ve got used to it during Covid, and the publicans and could be getting a bit concerned now if the trend of home drinking/ house parties keeps increasing. 

I'd be pretty sure this was in the planning before covid.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I'd be pretty sure this was in the planning before covid.

As was the politically backed vintners association pressure on supermarkets selling cheap cans.

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:48pm

I think that was tiny, something like 9 cent a can of Coke.

Edited by Jackal - 06 May 2021 at 11:48pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I think that was tiny, something like 9 cent a can of Coke.
And times that by 45 billion cans sold = how much in tax revenue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 825826827828829 984>
  Share Topic