You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 821822823824825 984>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why a set game? Football is escapism for supporters, why do we need to be reminded of death? Can you imaging turning up at U2 or Steps and being told to shut up for a minute because someone died? 

Think most u2 gigs are about people who have died whether that’s MLK, his parents, Greg Carroll etc LOL
Of course, and music is about remembering, even if I think Bono is a ****! But you can remember without having it become a funeral. As an example,  every Manics fan who turns up at a gig is remembering Richey; he is probably the main reason they show up. It doesn't mean we need to do a performative silence to remember him every time we show up.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:23am
In 2006 Metallica celebrated the 20th Anniversary of Cliff Burton's death by playing "Master Of Puppets" in full, during their European Tour. Not only was it a way of paying tribute to a former and legendary band member, it was almost the full initiation for Robert Trujillo three years after he joined the band. After Burton's death in 1986 it appeared some of his music was "off limits", but that changed after 2006.

To PM's point, there are other an more poignant ways to pay tribute.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:39am
I just think everything needs an explanation. If you can't explain it then there's probably no point or reason.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:13am
JML ,and whatever tosh they try to sell you .

I just saw the latest one on the box where you have a bag and you stuff all your clothes into it and suck out the air and it fits into your suitcase , hummm can you imagine the state of your gear when you open the bag .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:18am
I vacuum pack my clothes when going on holidays every year. Usually drive to Spain. I’ve got 4 kids. It makes a huge difference in the amount of space it occupies in the car. Really makes it easier for us.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I just saw the latest one on the box where you have a bag and you stuff all your clothes into it and suck out the air and it fits into your suitcase , hummm can you imagine the state of your gear when you open the bag .

These have to be on the market for over 20 years at this stage and I'd image are in use in most homes in the country to save storage space.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I vacuum pack my clothes when going on holidays every year. Usually drive to Spain. I’ve got 4 kids. It makes a huge difference in the amount of space it occupies in the car. Really makes it easier for us.

Drive to Spain? 
What route do you take and what is the benefif of doing so versus flying and renting car?

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Drive to Spain? 
What route do you take and what is the benefif of doing so versus flying and renting car?

coukd think of nothing worse🙈
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Drive to Spain? 

You can go direct from Rosslare to Bilbao. I usually get the ferry to Cherbourg and drive through France in the way over and get the direct ferry home from Spain to Ireland. 

I have a friend who lives in Pamplona, I’d stay in his place for a week or so. My parents own an apartment in Murcia, we go down there for another week to 10 days then back up to my mates gaff for a day or two then home. If my parents are over there as well, myself and the wife can get away for a night or two ourselves. We’ve gone to Granada and Cartagena on our own before.

We’ve stayed in other cities and gone to lots of different places over there. Just have a lot of freedom with your own car and the kids can bring toys, bikes, scooters etc. just treat the night in the ferry as part of your holiday. 

We’d have to hire a 7 seater for 3 weeks in August which costs an absolute fortune. Taking our own car is better value. You can use Tesco clubcard vouchers on Irish Ferries which can massively reduce the price of the ferry. You get €4 off for €1 worth of vouchers.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

These have to be on the market for over 20 years at this stage and I'd image are in use in most homes in the country to save storage space.

There are times I read Murphs posts and it seems someone vacuum packed his brain. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:29pm

It's the JML one  , when you see it you will understand .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 2:12pm

It's the JML one  , when you see it you will understand .
Yeah they have been around years now, maybe not as many others sell with the little motorised unit which seems to be JMLs main selling point, but they even so, its nothing new.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:41pm

They were a godsend when moving house
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 6:08pm

Your clothes don't come out creased either. 
Chips don't bounce
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:11pm
That poser of a barman in that Coors Light ad at the top of the mountain  ''I like to keep it fresh''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:51am
Not that it really annoys the f**k out of me but lads putting laughing emoji's after their own posts is the same as the lad in the bar who laughs at his own unfunny jokes. Usually the only one laughing i.e. not funny! LOL

Edited by McG - 23 Apr 2021 at 10:18am
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:59am

Any doctors or dentists on this site? Is it part of your training to leave patients waiting way past the appointment time? Is it build suspense? 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:03am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Not that it really annoys the f**k out of me but lads putting laughing emoji's after their own posts is the same as the lad in the bar who laughs at his own unfunny jokes. Usually the only one laughing i.e. not funny!

Probably aimed at me but my understanding is that they are used to lighten the tone rather than laughing at your own words.  Just how I use them anyway as tone often gets missed in texts and in forums. 

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Apr 2021 at 10:03am
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 821822823824825 984>
  Share Topic