You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 820821822823824 984>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:07pm
A 2 minute silence for the Greek lad so there's a hierarchy amongst the dead now. This is followed by the bending of the knee. Next week the players will be out on the pitch a half hour early for the pre match charity bingo marathon in aid of The Otters Trust.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

A 2 minute silence for the Greek lad so there's a hierarchy amongst the dead now. This is followed by the bending of the knee. Next week the players will be out on the pitch a half hour early for the pre match charity bingo marathon in aid of The Otters Trust.

Hummmm it's the days we live in Paulie , just have to get on with it . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:18pm
Agreed. It still annoys me though which is the whole point of this thread
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:23pm

Yer but nothing is going to change .  I feel this taking the knee before games has gone on far too long but who wants to say stop apart from Wilf at Palace .

Strange times Paulie and we have to suck it up .

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
And I will continue to rant!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yer but nothing is going to change .  I feel this taking the knee before games has gone on far too long but who wants to say stop apart from Wilf at Palace .

Think we should have a minute silence for all the victims like yourself who have had to put up with watching players take a knee.  Thoughts and prayers with you murph. 

Edited by Baldrick - 10 Apr 2021 at 3:27pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:29pm
 QUOTE=Baldrick]
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Think we should have a minute silence for all the victims like yourself who have had to put up with watching players take a knee.  Thoughts and prayers with your murph. 
[/QUOTE]

Hummmmm 99.9 post on here are you and me replying to each other just need need McG to tell us that we are wrong Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:00pm

I have said it for years, but silences at football should be rare occasions. It is somewhat more ridiculous now as all games are in silence, but what other form of entertainment is treated so seriously that we need to be reminded of the outside world. I can't imagine ever going to see The Manics or The Wedding Present and being told to shut up for the first minute because someone died.
It should only be some monumental local event, or the death of someone with a long association with the club or franchise playing at home. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:27pm
FAI were awful for minutes silences a few years ago. Think there was a run of 6 or 7 Ireland games in a row with a minutes silence/applause beforehand. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

FAI were awful for minutes silences a few years ago. Think there was a run of 6 or 7 Ireland games in a row with a minutes silence/applause beforehand. 

I suggested they engage Jessica Fletcher at the time 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I suggested they engage Jessica Fletcher at the time 
LOL
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 1:22am

There were a lot but I'd no issue with them, for the most part they were for people who were grassroots in the game. I know one and it meant a huge amount to the family. 

Delaying the game by less than a minute for a bit of recognition puts nobody out. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:27am
Of course it does! I used to travel four hours and football is my bit of escapism! I don't need reminding of anything at all when I get there. A minutes applause,  if absolutely necessary, but forced grieving and remembrance can f**k off.

I also see why you chose your name now...

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

There were a lot but I'd no issue with them, for the most part they were for people who were grassroots in the game. I know one and it meant a huge amount to the family. 

Delaying the game by less than a minute for a bit of recognition puts nobody out. 

It's not necessary though is it? we must be the only country that does this.

Johnny Lyons - what's his connection to the FAI?

I think a note in the program would be more appropriate. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 9:14am
When someone calls a another person. And the line is bad.  But the person keeps repeating. Hello, hello over and over again.  If not going answer an second or third hello forget about it. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Set game a year (last game of the season in May or June) to remember those who passed away over the previous year is more than appropriate IMO unless it's someone hugely significant like Jack etc...    

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Apr 2021 at 11:05am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:09am
Why a set game? Football is escapism for supporters, why do we need to be reminded of death? Can you imaging turning up at U2 or Steps and being told to shut up for a minute because someone died? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why a set game? Football is escapism for supporters, why do we need to be reminded of death? Can you imaging turning up at U2 or Steps and being told to shut up for a minute because someone died? 

Think most u2 gigs are about people who have died whether that’s MLK, his parents, Greg Carroll etc LOL
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 820821822823824 984>
  Share Topic