You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 805806807808809 984>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:02am
When your hands are full coming out of the siopa but you’ve more mobility left in one arm and you go for the car keys and they’re on the other less mobile arm side pocket 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:06am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

When your hands are full coming out of the siopa but you’ve more mobility left in one arm and you go for the car keys and they’re on the other less mobile arm side pocket 
It’s always the case.Confused
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Jeff Stelling not being able to say the word 'year' is really annoying. He says yur. 

I always found it odd how much longevity American and English people get out of Irish people not being able to pronounce certain words correctly considering the way they mangle so many of them.

Still remember an American girl shaming me for wanting to go see a fill 'em instead of a film one time.

Paul Merson and Clinton Morrison would fail foundation level English.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 2:19am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It’s always the case.Confused
This always happens LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:38am

The keys are usually on the right of the steering wheel, so chances are you take them out of the car with your right hand and put them in your right pocket. 

If you're right handed, chances are you pick up shopping with that hand too, hence the problem.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:53am
But some how your keys always end up in your back left pocket.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The keys are usually on the right of the steering wheel, so chances are you take them out of the car with your right hand and put them in your right pocket. 

If you're right handed, chances are you pick up shopping with that hand too, hence the problem.

Left handed and they are never in the same pocket ever. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Exactly! LOL
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 1:00pm
When a football presenter asks the questions was a draw a fair result and did x team play poorly or did y team play did well?

The first question will almost always be responded to with yes, while the second will be responded to with a bit of both.

I would blame the presenters and pundits equally for these questions and answers as the presenters know the pundits will nearly every single time give the safe, non-controversial answer so they should ask more probing questions.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:11am

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

MOTD commentator calling Richard Keogh, Key-oh.

Matt Dock-erty. Tim Kay-hill. Conor Gall-icker.

It gets to the point where it becomes so ubiquitous that it's essentially co-opted and becomes the correct pronunciation, at least in the UK.

There was a fella from my hometown who pronounced his name as 'Key-oh'. I think he was from Wexford originally. Thankfully Irish football fans and commentators have never pronounced names like Hourihane  or Hoban wrong. I'm still pronouncing James McClean's name wrong, as are the majority of Irish fans. 
I know of cousins from West Cork who pronounce their own surnames differently. They are Cock-lans and Min-ne-hens down west and Caw-lans and Min-na-hanes near the city.I have had my own surname, which originated in County Mayo, pronounced wrong more times in Ireland than England. 
I also believe that Kay-hill is how Tim and Gary both pronounced it themselves, so is correct. I certainly wouldn't be getting too worried about it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:19am

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Jeff Stelling not being able to say the word 'year' is really annoying. He says yur. 

I always found it odd how much longevity American and English people get out of Irish people not being able to pronounce certain words correctly considering the way they mangle so many of them.

Still remember an American girl shaming me for wanting to go see a fill 'em instead of a film one time.

Surely that works both ways? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:54am

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

MOTD commentator calling Richard Keogh, Key-oh.

Matt Dock-erty. Tim Kay-hill. Conor Gall-icker.

It gets to the point where it becomes so ubiquitous that it's essentially co-opted and becomes the correct pronunciation, at least in the UK.

What makes you think the Irish people pronouncing English language is more correct than English people pronouncing English language

Wink
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Exactly! LOL

How? Not with you on this Geek
AS YOU WERE McGx

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:18am
I know this is first world problems 

But getting a new phone set up with all your passwords and banking / work apps
Pain in the hole 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:07pm
asked for vinegar with my chips and they brought me 1 sachet - wtf don’t they know my stash of vinegar is running low AngryAngryAngry

Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:40pm
People who don't know how to queue properly. Got barked at in Aldi for jumping the queue because some imbecile was standing 12 feet behind the person getting served and in between the two checkouts.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:49pm
How could you be 12 feet behind and also be between the checkouts? What sort of dog was it and, more importantly, what was in his basket?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:24pm
Extraordinary is not just any word.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 805806807808809 984>
  Share Topic