You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 796797798799800 984>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:32pm
To be honest what people do with their time is up to them , some may say that spending time on here is for sad feckers and they could have a point .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm sure they were buying essential items for work like onesies

Non-essential shops are now allowed to open.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:39pm

I will have to make a trip myself as the underpants situation is getting very serious and buying them online is too bourgeois. It also seems that every other store seems to have people paid solely to annoy you.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Yeah but it doesn't mean you have to go or should go.  What possible reason is there to queue up outside Penney's at 6am?

It's basically aul wans who go in to browse and buy stuff to amuse themselves.  Look at the footage of today.  All middle aged women or aul wans.

Also considering the advice has been to stay away from crowds the second the restrictions are eased what do they do? Cram in together in a non socially distanced queue for non essential purposes.  Brilliant.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 3:30pm
TJ's constant moaning on every thread on the forum is starting to get annoying

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Shock horror.  A thread about moaning contains moaning. 

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:06pm

Thumbs Up

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:51pm

Thumbs Up

So which threads am I moaning in?  
Bit ironic considering you only seem to post on here to moan about my postsEmbarrassed

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:00pm

Yeah but it doesn't mean you have to go or should go.  What possible reason is there to queue up outside Penney's at 6am?

It's basically aul wans who go in to browse and buy stuff to amuse themselves.  Look at the footage of today.  All middle aged women or aul wans.

Also considering the advice has been to stay away from crowds the second the restrictions are eased what do they do? Cram in together in a non socially distanced queue for non essential purposes.  Brilliant.

So because it’s Middle Aged auld ones that means it’s less legit does it.  

You were giving out about essential electronic shops being open and sausy schooled you on that one. 

Penny’s is a shop that sells cheap clothing which are essential for many families esp those where money is tight to get underwear or socks or coats or shoes for the kids and they don’t have an online presence.  

Going very early in the morning was probably an attempt to avoid crowds and the q was only because
The shop wasn’t open.  Would I do it.  Not a chance but many people have pent up demand for certain goods.  

How is arsing about on the walkinstown roundabout ok for a dead ex Irish manager and going shopping for your kids clothes not ok.   Bizarre logic TJ
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:22pm
Curtain twitching oul one, after 6 weeks is it not understandable people need to buy stuff??? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

So because it’s Middle Aged auld ones that means it’s less legit does it.  

You were giving out about essential electronic shops being open and sausy schooled you on that one. 

Penny’s is a shop that sells cheap clothing which are essential for many families esp those where money is tight to get underwear or socks or coats or shoes for the kids and they don’t have an online presence.  

Going very early in the morning was probably an attempt to avoid crowds and the q was only because
The shop wasn’t open.  Would I do it.  Not a chance but many people have pent up demand for certain goods.  

How is arsing about on the walkinstown roundabout ok for a dead ex Irish manager and going shopping for your kids clothes not ok.   Bizarre logic TJ

The Walkinstown thing for Jack was advertised as a socially distanced event.

The event description reads: "On the sad occasion of the funeral of Jack Charlton, we invite you to celebrate his contribution to Irish football at Walkinstown Roundabout, probably the scene of the most iconic location of Italia 90, during his tenure as Ireland manager.

"This is a family friendly event, with full adherence to social distancing guidelines.

"We would ask you all to wear green, bring banners, flags, hats, flatcaps and be as colourful as possible.''

At a period of time in mid July where the virus was almost eliminated in the community and everything was back open. The equivalent of Level 1.

I attended.  Most didn't socially distance. I did. Stood away from the crowd. Wore a mask.  End of story.

Schooled? Not sure about that.  Maybe in your eyes.  There's no way Harvey Norman should have been open in Level 5.  Wifi boosters and desks are not essential.  You telling me his wifi was that bad in his house that it was unusable and decides only during the most severe restriction level that he had to address that issue?  Why couldn;t he have done it in the summer and autumn when it was obvious to anyone that another period of lockdown was inevitable.  Or even in the weeks prior when we were told a lockdown was coming? That's my opinion on the matter.  Essential is pharmacy and grocery.  We survived in March to May. Suddenly all these stores are ''essential''. Bakeries, beauticians etc...

So they needed socks and underwear urgently after the shops closed for 6 weeks?  Give me a breakLOL
Essential my arse!  Just look at the people that were queuing up in the footage from Limerick.  Not one man out of hundreds queuing.  We all know why they were going in. Bored housewives love shopping and had to get their fix after 6 weeks 'cold turkey'.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:40pm
Jaysus the sexism off that post!

Very little evidence to indicate people going shopping has lead to cases. A US study which was presented to the cabinet by EY showed this.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Jaysus the sexism off that post!

Very little evidence to indicate people going shopping has lead to cases. A US study which was presented to the cabinet by EY showed this.

Ernst & Young?LOL

Sure get in John Player to give a talk why there is no proven link to smoking and dying young.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
In fairness to them they noted that the opening of wet pubs seemed to lead to an increase in case numbers. 

Anyway, I don't see the issue with shops being opened again.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 01 Dec 2020 at 6:49pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:00pm

In fairness to them they noted that the opening of wet pubs seemed to lead to an increase in case numbers. 

I've no big issue with it myself.  But when people are told to stay away from other people as much as possible and suddenly decide to do a D Day Landing on a Penney's at 6am in the rain it kind of takes the piss.  These health advisors might as well talk to the wall.

And Balds suggestion that they went at 6am to avoid crowds??   Bollox.
Like they couldn't have foreseen this madness before at 6am?  Every 26th December every year all these people queue up for sales at 6am.  After the 1st lockdown there was similar queuing. 

Now off to queue for 2 hrs for drive thru Krispy Kremes

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:21pm

This is what I was expecting but the footage from Dublin was a fair amount of young wans too. 

All women tho

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:45pm

I've no big issue with it myself.  But when people are told to stay away from other people as much as possible and suddenly decide to do a D Day Landing on a Penney's at 6am in the rain it kind of takes the piss.  These health advisors might as well talk to the wall.

And Balds suggestion that they went at 6am to avoid crowds??   Bollox.
Like they couldn't have foreseen this madness before at 6am?  Every 26th December every year all these people queue up for sales at 6am.  After the 1st lockdown there was similar queuing. 

Now off to queue for 2 hrs for drive thru Krispy Kremes

Yep have to agree with you here TJ , Baldie is talking $hite again just wanting to get a bite .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 8:18pm
i love it only in tjs world is it more essential to hang around a roundabout with a gang of other eejits dresses up as leprechauns than it is for sausy or anyone else to buy equipment that they need to work from home or to buy clothes for your kids.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 796797798799800 984>
  Share Topic