You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 792793794795796 984>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:54am
He must smoke like a chimney! I'm thinking like that scene in Fr. Ted after he's back on the fags after Lent. That or else his alarm is incredibly sensitive
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:18am
there’s a pic on FAI Twitter of Sheedy celebrating a goal. Who is the opposition? Fairly sure I was at the game as a nipper. Latvia?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

there’s a pic on FAI Twitter of Sheedy celebrating a goal. Who is the opposition? Fairly sure I was at the game as a nipper. Latvia?
Yeah, he go the last in a 4-0 home win in September '92. Latvian shirt was a beaut, inspired by the rave scene.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yeah, he go the last in a 4-0 home win in September '92. Latvian shirt was a beaut, inspired by the rave scene.

Latvia had Umbro in 92 which was rather odd considering the brand was basically confined to UK/EIRE.  Malta had Umbro in 89 too
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:53pm
Umbro were definitely associated more with England, in particular, and had, I think, exactly half of the original EPL contracts, but they had some big continental teams too. I'm pretty certain they had Ajax and Inter around that time.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:27pm

Umbro were definitely associated more with England, in particular, and had, I think, exactly half of the original EPL contracts, but they had some big continental teams too. I'm pretty certain they had Ajax and Inter around that time.
And, eh, Brazil

The Latvia jersey used in that match is a clone of the Norn Iron 1990-1992 jersey
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Latvia had Umbro in 92 which was rather odd considering the brand was basically confined to UK/EIRE.  Malta had Umbro in 89 too

Irelandshirts might be able to confirm, but wasn't there something with the Latvian jerseys at the time, where they arrived needing jerseys? I know something similar happened to Lithuania the following year, hence why they played in those generic white shirts.

You might notice Latvia played the '92 game without a crest, but in subsequent games they had one, on those shirts. One was sold on Classic Football shirts once.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:37pm
I think you might be on to something there. That rings a bell and the colours don't fit in with any of the rest of their campaign. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:51pm
T.E. had the same jersey in green as Latvia
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:06pm

I think you might be on to something there. That rings a bell and the colours don't fit in with any of the rest of their campaign. 

In fact CFS have a bit of a story and are selling one of the Lithuanian shirts

Apparently, it was Albania who also had difficulties. But I cant shake the belief that Latvia also had a jersey issue.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In fact CFS have a bit of a story and are selling one of the Lithuanian shirts

Apparently, it was Albania who also had difficulties. But I cant shake the belief that Latvia also had a jersey issue.
Albania was the major one (my first Eire game) they borrowed jerseys from Adidas in Galway. Their physio didn’t even have a medical kit when treating their players, instead running on with a little black pouch with whatever he had safely stowed in it.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 3:03pm
The Albanian team also thought Duty Free was 'free'!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:24am
People that set up social media accounts for their dog or animal and then ACTUALLY speak as the dog when posting shoite on said page.

Pathetic LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:59am
Are you for real?

Post up a link to it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you for real?

Post up a link to it.

It’s not just one. They’re everywhere. Just randomers that create these for their pets. Something you’d maybe expect from a kid but plenty of “adults”.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you for real?

Post up a link to it.

It’s not just one. They’re everywhere. Just randomers that create these for their pets. Something you’d maybe expect from a kid but plenty of “adults”.

First world problems, eh
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 3:04pm
fireworks - the odd organised display can be impressive but the ones people  buy to use at home are pretty pathetic 

People who buy them obviosuly trying to compensate  for something small
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

fireworks - the odd organised display can be impressive but the ones people  buy to use at home are pretty pathetic 

People who buy them obviosuly trying to compensate  for something small
San Diego still the best ever fireworks show. Set the timers wrong so left off 18 minutes worth of fireworks in one go

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 792793794795796 984>
  Share Topic