You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 790791792793794 984>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Double baralled names, seems to be laods of them among English footballers these days. Are they as prominent in Ireland? Anyone know anyone who double barrelled their kids surname?

Bit of a kop out if you ask me, just pick one name. What happens when someone with the surname of Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Alexander-Arnold have kids? You're solving your problem but putting a bigger problem on your kids.

Or even Barry-Murphy or somethingLOL
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 3:42pm
Somewhat similar issue, I hate it when commentators constantly call players with long surnames (such as Pavlyuchenko or Ibrahimovic) by their surnames, instead of their(usually) far briefer first names.

Why bother, are you afraid the player is gonna hunt you down and beat the crap out of you over it?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

Somewhat similar issue, I hate it when commentators constantly call players with long surnames (such as Pavlyuchenko or Ibrahimovic) by their surnames, instead of their(usually) far briefer first names.

Why bother, are you afraid the player is gonna hunt you down and beat the crap out of you over it?

Hmm... not sure why you'd have a problem with this LOL

I'd think it would be a little over familiar from the commentator if he was to call them Roman and Zlatan every time they touched the ball. In fact, i'd probably think they were ****. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

Hmm... not sure why you'd have a problem with this LOL

I'd think it would be a little over familiar from the commentator if he was to call them Roman and Zlatan every time they touched the ball. In fact, i'd probably think they were ****. 

I have more of an issue why some players get their full name and some don’t such as dele Ali or your man for Chelsea who I can’t be arsed googling His name :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 3:48pm
That Dublin Live website. So f**king sensationalist. It's like a real life Rock Bottom from the Simpsons. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:25pm

That Dublin Live website. So f**king sensationalist. It's like a real life Rock Bottom from the Simpsons. 
Yeah it's awful, pure clickbait, been found out quite a bit with fake news, not for any particular agenda, just badly researched news, not checking the sources.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:33pm

They are totally obsessed with anything covid related as well. Can't keep their maulers off it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

They are totally obsessed with anything covid related as well. Can't keep their maulers off it.

Is TJ the editor?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Lovin Dubai (an offshoot of Lovin Dublin, both owned by an Irishman) are the exact same. Have had to remove countless articles because they were incorrect. Very much cut from the "be first, not right" cloth of news reporting.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:05pm
That ad to raise awareness of car safety where the driver of the car has to ask his mate in the back to put on his seatbelt. He turns around to face your man when asking him and whimpers it to him whilst looking like he's about to burst into tears. They're in your car ffs. Ask them to put the seatbelt on. Any issues, tell them to get out and f**king walk.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

That ad to raise awareness of car safety where the driver of the car has to ask his mate in the back to put on his seatbelt. He turns around to face your man when asking him and whimpers it to him whilst looking like he's about to burst into tears. They're in your car ffs. Ask them to put the seatbelt on. Any issues, tell them to get out and f**king walk.

A better strategy is to speed off and then slam on the brakes and have them fly through the windscreen and then stand over their corpse shouting ''I told you mang! I' told you put on your seatbelt! But you woouldn't listen!  Well look at you now! You stupid f**k!''

Edited by Trap junior - 29 Sep 2020 at 7:11pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:11pm
People who don't appreciate how good at football Harry Arter is.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

A better strategy is to speed off and then slam on the brakes and have them fly through the windscreen and then stand over their corpse shouting ''I told you mang! I' told you put on your seatbelt! But you woouldn't listen!  Well look at you now! You stupid f**k!''

This is also acceptable.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

People who don't appreciate how good at football Harry Arter is.

LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 8:38pm
Message my partner on my way home from work and before she heads out to see if anything is needed from the shop. She said we were all good. Go to shop, buy one of the great chocolate bars to have with a cup of tea, come home to make said tea and there's no f**king milk.

I can't remember ever feeling such an emptiness upon opening a fridge door. I think I closed it and reopened it several times just to be sure. It is the worst thing to have ever happened to anyone, ever! I'm not in any way overreacting either 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Message my partner on my way home from work and before she heads out to see if anything is needed from the shop. She said we were all good. Go to shop, buy one of the great chocolate bars to have with a cup of tea, come home to make said tea and there's no f**king milk.

I can't remember ever feeling such an emptiness upon opening a fridge door. I think I closed it and reopened it several times just to be sure. It is the worst thing to have ever happened to anyone, ever! I'm not in any way overreacting either 

to counter this problem i have plant milk and powdered milk for emergencies such as these. 

f**king hate that. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

to counter this problem i have plant milk and powdered milk for emergencies such as these. 

f**king hate that. 
How do ya milk a plant? We have a couple of them.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:51pm
Sure your only gonna spoil it by putting milk in.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 790791792793794 984>
  Share Topic