You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 784785786787788 984>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Will you ever stop. Every topic is turning into a big twenty line political rant. 

Go to Amsterdam and get a ride or something.
Internet trolling technique of those unable to argue: call anything you disagree with "a rant"
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:53am
Daithi, reddladd and NewtNewbie: "WHY are RTE and the Irish Times not running with an entirely made up fake story specifically designed to vilify black people in Balbriggan and all across Ireland? It's a conspiracy! They ARE the virus!"

These lads would have fitted in well with Craig Fitzsimons and the likes on Kildare Street yesterday with an ideology like that

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:54am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

(Vicious) sid waddell bingo. Or a fun absinthe-based drinking game:

Bad faith

Straw man

Gaslighting

Race

Racist

Racists

Racism

Far-right

Russia

Russian

Russians

Ruskies

Reds under the bed

Putin

Nazi

Nazis

Nazism

Hitler

Goebbels

1930s Germany

Liverpool
This racist **** just keeps proving me right abut what he is, openly sticking up for the racist

Did you forget your "Outlaw Pete" log in on boards.ie by any chance?

Ding!

Take a sip, Sidney!

Edited by NewtNewbie - 14 Sep 2020 at 12:56am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 1:00am

Daithi, reddladd and NewtNewbie: "WHY are RTE and the Irish Times not running with an entirely made up fake story specifically designed to vilify black people in Balbriggan and all across Ireland? It's a conspiracy! They ARE the virus!"

These lads would have fitted in well with Craig Fitzsimons and the likes on Kildare Street yesterday with an ideology like that

You're attributing to me something I've never actually said.

A 'straw man' argument if ever I saw one. And this time the term is being used correctly and in the right context.

Time for another sip! And I'm not talking about the Sid Vicious Kool Aid.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 14 Sep 2020 at 1:07am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 1:09am

Bad faith

Straw man

Gaslighting

Race

Racist

Racists

Racism

Far-right

Russia

Russian

Russians

Ruskies

Reds under the bed

Putin

Nazi

Nazis

Nazism

Hitler

Goebbels

1930s Germany

Liverpool

Fascist

Fascism

Fake news

Playbook

Conpiracy

Troll

Russian

Russians

Russian bot

Edited by NewtNewbie - 14 Sep 2020 at 1:11am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 1:17am
Three posts in a row from Gingrich when one would have done, it doesn't take three posts to say nothing

Tell me, Newt, why am I wrong, as you clearly infer, to call out daithi over his gleeful running with an entirely made up story designed to vilify the black population of Balbriggan and beyond?

Why am I wrong here?

Go, on it's a direct question, give us a direct answer

Edited by sid waddell - 14 Sep 2020 at 1:19am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:09am

Three posts in a row from Gingrich when one would have done, it doesn't take three posts to say nothing

Tell me, Newt, why am I wrong, as you clearly infer, to call out daithi over his gleeful running with an entirely made up story designed to vilify the black population of Balbriggan and beyond?

Why am I wrong here?

Imply and infer two more words regularly misapplied.

How strange that you should attempt to hold me personally responsible for the reprehensible views of an entirely different poster.

Simply deflection. Straw man stuff once more.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 14 Sep 2020 at 2:29am
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 8:18am

Bad faith

Straw man

Gaslighting

Race

Racist

Racists

Racism

Far-right

Russia

Russian

Russians

Ruskies

Reds under the bed

Putin

Nazi

Nazis

Nazism

Hitler

Goebbels

1930s Germany

Liverpool

Fascist

Fascism

Fake news

Playbook

Conpiracy

Troll

Russian

Russians

Russian bot
Don’t forget Verona Murphy aswell he’s obsessed with her
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:07am

Why am I wrong here?

Imply and infer two more words regularly misapplied.

How strange that you should attempt to hold me personally responsible for the reprehensible views of an entirely different poster.

Simply deflection. Straw man stuff once more.
You've defended those entirely reprehensible, racist views!

I didn't ask for a pound shop lexicographer

I asked for an answer!

Now, answer the question!

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

LOL good man Sid keep her lit
I’m no fan of Sid on here but he’s right in this instance, at least have the grace to admit it 

Agreed.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:00pm
Seeing somebody without a mask in a store when i bother my hole is starting to get on my wick. And they are plentiful so not like they all have asthma or ailments that make it difficult to wear one. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:13pm
Mostly scumbags that are not wearing them.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:28pm
I see that arsehole DJ Spiral got f**ked out of a Lidl for not wearing one and he started screeching about his " constitutional rights" and they couldn't do that to him as a result LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:32pm
What's a DJ Spiral? I am sure we have one for courgettes.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:38pm

Misuse and misappropriation of words.

Infamous isn't a superlative form of famous. Transpire doesn't mean to happen or take place. Fulsome is another regularly misunderstood  word. As is enormity. 

There's no such word as 'anymore' or 'moreso'. Or 'alright' for that matter.

The word is 'okay'. The letters 'OK' don't stand for anything.

Flaunt and Flout are entirely separate words; pronounced differently, spelt differently and with different meanings.

It's hare-brained not 'hair-brained'.

That's incorrect. 'OK. or 'O.K.' is much older than 'okay'. The latter is derived from the former. There are many different theories as to the origin of it, Martin Van Buren's nickname being the most common suggestion, or 'au quai' being used by French speaking dockers in New Orleans.

'Anymore' can be traced to the mid nineteenth century; 'alright' about a quarter of a century later and it would appear that the popularity of 'moreso' was advanced by Jane Austen in an important line, albeit written as 'more so'. The latter is irksome  as it often seems unnecessary but it has been with us a while and is unlikely to go away. It is definitely more accepted in American English.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Mostly scumbags that are not wearing them.

Unless they're outside the Journal's office.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Seeing somebody without a mask in a store when i bother my hole is starting to get on my wick. And they are plentiful so not like they all have asthma or ailments that make it difficult to wear one. 

Was up in Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas the other day. Loads of people not wearing them, and then you had a load of thicks, mainly women, wearing them around their chin. Drives me mad!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:18pm
Was in Fresh earlier getting a coffee, and about 20 people in the shop wearing them and then at the entrance, another 20/30 not wearing them eating lunch etc...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 784785786787788 984>
  Share Topic