You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 729730731732733 984>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I was in a LMS a few years ago, a fella in work signed me up, his golf club were running it.
It was down to the last two, the other fella took Everton who drew on the Saturday and I took Arsenal on the Monday night, Arsenal were at home to Swansea, was waiting on them for £350, ended up losing 2-0

Instead of splitting the pot between the last two left, the golf club decided that there was no last man standing so it was a "rollover" and it went into the pot for the next LMS that they started at the start of the next season.

Isnt that common practice ?
There was no last man standing,if there was to be a split it should have happened before those fixtures .

My football club runs it the same way. Fixtures are also picked before the competition starts, no rule changing during the competition. Rollover happens if no one is a winner. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I was in a LMS a few years ago, a fella in work signed me up, his golf club were running it.
It was down to the last two, the other fella took Everton who drew on the Saturday and I took Arsenal on the Monday night, Arsenal were at home to Swansea, was waiting on them for £350, ended up losing 2-0

Instead of splitting the pot between the last two left, the golf club decided that there was no last man standing so it was a "rollover" and it went into the pot for the next LMS that they started at the start of the next season.

Isnt that common practice ?
There was no last man standing,if there was to be a split it should have happened before those fixtures .

My football club runs it the same way. Fixtures are also picked before the competition starts, no rule changing during the competition. Rollover happens if no one is a winner. 

So the club wouldn’t pay out if there is no winner by the end of the season?

I take it the club would still charge participants when the competition started again the following season? Cowboys.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:19pm
Should have clarified. We do it in blocks of 10 or 12 game weeks. If at the end of week 12, the pot will rollover if there is no winner. If it ran to the end of the season and there was no winner, the pot would be split by whoever was still in the competition during that final game week.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
http://https://www.adworld.ie/2019/01/30/123go-young-drivers-car-insurance-ireland/

There isn't a worse ad on telly at the moment.

I hate that we're becoming more and more like The Brits with these stupid unfunny insurance ads and what not.

The people who commission these ads should be hung.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:11am
Link doesnt work. Is it the one with the aul one ringing his bird? I like that LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:14am
Mods deleting pics on threads Thumbs Down

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:16am
The inability of people to queue for a bus. When one arrives it's a charge to get in the door at all costs.
Was waiting for one earlier and a teen turned up last of about 6 of us queuing, bus arrived and he barged through an auld one who was there one of the first.

Which leads to the youth of today.....all turning a bit ****ish

And cyclists
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:22am
Bus w**kers
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:30am
Cyclists, without doubt! The biggest drawback to living where I do. I don’t even mean the ****s who think they are Lance Armstrong going for a pint of milk! Perfectly nice people become absolute ****s as soon as they get on a bike. You see the smugness appear on their face. There needs to be lessons in school. Walking lessons too, although they are only going to hurt themselves if they ignore traffic lights!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cyclists, without doubt! The biggest drawback to living where I do. I don’t even mean the ****s who think they are Lance Armstrong going for a pint of milk! Perfectly nice people become absolute ****s as soon as they get on a bike. You see the smugness appear on their face. There needs to be lessons in school. Walking lessons too, although they are only going to hurt themselves if they ignore traffic lights!

Ah that's not accurate. Most cyclists are ****s before they get on the bike too, me included.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ah that's not accurate. Most cyclists are ****s before they get on the bike too, me included.
I have paid a lot of attention to this, largely because I couldn't understand why there were so many ****s on bikes, so I watched people I knew well closely as they cycled off. They change. That sense of entitlement sweeps through them.LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:31pm
I think you're right. On the Lance Armstrong point though, it's definitely worse if they're on fancy bikes. I know I'm a bigger d*ck on my road bike than if I'm crossing town on one of the Dublin Bikes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm

I think you're right. On the Lance Armstrong point though, it's definitely worse if they're on fancy bikes. I know I'm a bigger d*ck on my road bike than if I'm crossing town on one of the Dublin Bikes.
Now that I think about it, of all the annoyances and fist shaking I have had with cyclists, as well as a couple of more heated incidents, none were with anyone who had rented from the yellow bike scheme. You might be on to something there.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:05pm

I’m now remembering that case in London where the defendant crashed into the lady while he was on a fixed gear bicycle. One too many cyclists were coming out in various ways claiming it was an “anti-cyclist” judgement.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm
Every road user is an arsehole in some way, if your walking the drivers and cyclists are the arseholes, when I'm cycling it's drivers and walkers when I was on the motorbike it was walkers and drivers. 

Everyone hates the taxi drivers that is the only thing that unites all road users 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:17pm
Drivers and taxi drivers are fine. Cyclists and Uber drivers are ****s.Thumbs Up
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:10pm
Unless you've driven in the Middle East, you've no idea how bad road users can be.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:12am
Walking to work today I saw cyclists being the cause of at least 5 very near accidents, with walkers and drivers.

All walkers were on the path where cyclists should not be.
And the 2 with cares was either down to colour blindness or most likely being ****s who don't think traffic lights apply to them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 729730731732733 984>
  Share Topic