You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 728729730731732 987>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 10:14pm
Agreed. So long as Liverpool v Huddersfield is in there, I've no real issue though, seeing as I still have Liverpool. I suspect it will be, seeing as he hasn't used Liverpool yet. It's still a total d*ck move.

If he tries it without Liverpool, I'm going to suggest that we scupper it by all picking the same side, so we are either all through or all out. Of course, he may still be in the competition, but if he won it like that, there'd be absolute murder.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Television advertising again! So many to choose from in this are these days, but banks and the like really are outdoing each other over here, particularly in trying to show how cuddly and fuzzy they are. 
You have Lloyds (why no apostrophe, you semi-literate ****s?)who have gone for the acid trip, a piece of advertising that makes no sense whatsoever. People getting up in the middle of the night to make sure they see horses running along the beach, with particular focus on a lad with Down syndrome, just to really show they aren't ****s. 

Barclays(again, why no apostrophe?) have gone to show helpful they are because they give 'Life Skills' and to show it they have found one of the few Scottish girls without a sexy voice and made her shout into a gale.  Wonderful.

But it is Nationwide who take the biscuit. Not only do they still pretend they aren't a bank, they have managed to find Deirdre Barlow's Brummie lovechild to tell us how cuddly they are in the form of a poem. 

As an aside, that Fiat one with Sting and Shaggy is absolutely wonderful. It is so bad that it has to be seen to be believed. LOL
Halifax are worse - I don't think I've ever seen an ad from them that hasn't been either tacky, corny or pure cringe (usually it's all 3!), especially the recent ones with smiley staff dealing with cartoon characters. Unhappy

And as for those Go Compare ads with the opera singer and the sycophantic w****ers who appear with him and are apparently loving it...they can just f**k right off! 

Edit: I know how much you love the Australians Wink so I thought you'd be delighted to hear that Fosters have seen fit to resurrect those ads featuring the 2 Aussie lads who give out social advice over the phone to folks in Britain. (and no, I'm not a fan of that one either). LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 13 Apr 2019 at 10:56pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:02pm
Foster's have done some great ads, credit where it has due. It also has f**k all to do with Australia, other than they use Australia to market it. If we are going by that logic, Carling is a Canadian lager yet they have marketed themselves as defiantly English. In reality, both are English. They are also both disgusting, but the marketing must be working.

Actually, wasn't the 'Go Compare' lad singing in Gibraltar the weekend Ireland played there? Did anybody have a look?LOL

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Apr 2019 at 11:04pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'm in the middle of a last man standing competition, down to the last ten, seven weeks in. Problem is, the lad running it is still in it and isn't being clear on the rules. He is having some midweek rounds with less than the full slate of games and won't actually say if he is planning to do it again. He had a midweek round last week, before the FA Cup quarter finals.

It's pretty unfair when he has more information than everyone else when it comes to deciding his picks for each week... and straight up won't tell us if he's going to do another midweek round. All I know is that Chelsea v Burnley (Monday) isn't part of the fixtures next week, which I suppose means it will be included in a midweek round. The question is whether he's going to allow Liverpool v Huddersfield on the Friday night into that midweek round or not but frankly we've no idea.

It is simultaneously sketchy and quite unfair.

I'm running the Last Man Standing competition for our club currently. All picks have to be in before competition begins, a lot easier than chasing men each week to see what team they are picking. All fixtures for each week got from PL website, and if any game was moved because of FA Cup etc these still counted when they were played. Easy enough organised and updated. Only problem has been that there have been no real shocks so far so we still have over 100 left with only a few weeks to go

Edited by bogball88 - 15 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:09am
Paying for a season ticket while the FAI gives away thousands of tickets.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:38am
I was in a LMS a few years ago, a fella in work signed me up, his golf club were running it.
It was down to the last two, the other fella took Everton who drew on the Saturday and I took Arsenal on the Monday night, Arsenal were at home to Swansea, was waiting on them for £350, ended up losing 2-0

Instead of splitting the pot between the last two left, the golf club decided that there was no last man standing so it was a "rollover" and it went into the pot for the next LMS that they started at the start of the next season.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Apr 2019 at 11:46am
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I was in a LMS a few years ago, a fella in work signed me up, his golf club were running it.
It was down to the last two, the other fella took Everton who drew on the Saturday and I took Arsenal on the Monday night, Arsenal were at home to Swansea, was waiting on them for £350, ended up losing 2-0

Instead of splitting the pot between the last two, left the golf club decided that there was no last man standing so it was a "rollover" and it went into the pot for the next LMS that they started at the start of the next season.

Wow, I would have went nuts LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:52am

Instead of splitting the pot between the last two left, the golf club decided that there was no last man standing so it was a "rollover" and it went into the pot for the next LMS that they started at the start of the next season.

Isnt that common practice ?
There was no last man standing,if there was to be a split it should have happened before those fixtures .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:32pm
Nah, that's nuts. What's meant to happen in that situation is that the last two go again the following week, surely.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:36pm

Nah, that's nuts. What's meant to happen in that situation is that the last two go again the following week, surely.

Yep. Ones I've been in do that or else if the two left agree split the pot 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:38pm
Local pub rolls it over to the next comp, the club one keeps going until a winner or if thenlast two agree to split it they can. Once its clear before the comp starts I’m happy with either. Mid comp changes and tule bending are the work of the devil.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:50pm

Why do the last 2 get a extra go ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:57pm
A wild guess here, but would it be to do with the competition name?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Why do the last 2 get a extra go ?

Because they've survived (say) 12 weeks, whereas the chumps who get knocked out in week 1 didn't.

Why is it fair to have a rollover where the lads who get knocked out in week 1 get another go around, while the lads who've picked a dozen or more games right end up in the same position?

If everyone gets knocked out in any week, the players in that week go again... the players knocked out before that don't. It's perfectly logical.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:11pm

I would be f**king fuming LOL

Winnings should have been split between the final two.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Isnt that common practice ?
There was no last man standing,if there was to be a split it should have happened before those fixtures .

That's not common practice at all is it. Jaysus I would have said that's a gangster move LOL

Any one I've been in, in such a scenario both players just move onto the next week until there's a winner.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

A wild guess here, but would it be to do with the competition name?

Wait a second.....are you saying the person who selected Everton was...... a WOMAN!!!?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 728729730731732 987>
  Share Topic