You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 718719720721722 984>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:29pm
The constant misuse of language, offended seems to be a particular favourite to misuse these days.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The constant misuse of language, offended seems to be a particular favourite to misuse these days.

Couldn’t agree more PM
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?

I think it was probably the manner of it. I mean, it's fine to nod and say "hi there" as you walk past someone in the street.

Helicoptering your junk around, shaking your hips, as you sit down uncomfortably close to the only other person on the bus, a 19 year old student, saying "well hello there", that's probably over the line.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?

I think it was probably the manner of it. I mean, it's fine to nod and say "hi there" as you walk past someone in the street.

Helicoptering your junk around, shaking your hips, as you sit down uncomfortably close to the only other person on the bus, a 19 year old student, saying "well hello there", that's probably over the line.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:48pm

Clap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
Maybe I have been in England too long, but I would find it a bit uncomfortable if a stranger said hello on the street.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm

Maybe offended was too harsh a word haha. People turning their noses up or giving dirty looks if you say hello, or how are ya. When you are just being friendly.

I have never ever encountered a friendly hello been met with dirty looks - maybe it's you LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
Was on a Mental Health Awareness course today and the instructor told a story of a client of hers who is receiving therapy for PTSD after pulling a body of a teenage boy out of a river. In the kid's pocket was a note that said 'If somebody says hello to me on my way, I won't jump.'

Don't underestimate the power of a 'Hello'.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
What about if the note said : 'if someone says hello, I am going to jump'.

It is great that such courses are now happening, I just can't help feeling  that these sorts of stories have been told on different courses by instructors  for a long time and the cynic in me always wonders about their veracity.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:59pm
That three ad where the girl says "this isn't fair" and the lad says "don't worry, we'll get somewhere".

The basic subtext of the ad seems to be that a young couple can't afford to get a place of their own but f**k it, you've got a smartphone, so they should be grateful for that much and ignore the financial system, set up and ruled by their boomer parent's generation, which screws them over and treats a home as a privilege, and denigrates them for being avocado toast munching, fancy coffee drinking, millennial pri*ks. F**k that. It annoys the f**k out of me that it seems to say it's grand that housing is f**ked so long as you have a smartphone. I dunno who thought that was a good idea.

Incidentally, before anyone says anything, it's not because of my own housing situation that the ad annoys me. My housing situation is thankfully now well under control.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:51am
SD , are you in the new house yet , as I haven't heard must on that one for a while ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 7:14am
Absolute pricks on huge money like that tart joe Duffy doing a hatchet job on the nurses, RTÉ looking after their masters again,sad excuses for journalists. Forgot where you came from Duffy you ****
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

SD , are you in the new house yet , as I haven't heard must on that one for a while ?

Not yet, but it's moving that way. Solicitor on the vendor's side is very slow with contracts.

Hopefully shouldn't be too long all the same.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not yet, but it's moving that way. Solicitor on the vendor's side is very slow with contracts.

Hopefully shouldn't be too long all the same.
Good luck with it as when it happens everything will fall into place very quick .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:48pm
The overuse of the minute's silence. There is going to be one at the Celtic game tomorrow for Sala. He has no connection to either club, his family, I assume, couldn't give a flying f**k, so sixty thousand people have to shut up for a minute.
It is baffling! The only way anybody will care is if a supporters bus turns up late, full of booze and singing, then the media will have to find out if his mother found it distressing.

There are far too many of the f**king things, even outwith the FAI.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:21am
When commentators talk over the Champions League anthem when it is being played. 

Also when George Hamilton keeps mentioning George Friedrich Handel and 'Zadok the Priest' every time the Champions League anthem starts up.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:26am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The overuse of the minute's silence. There is going to be one at the Celtic game tomorrow for Sala. He has no connection to either club, his family, I assume, couldn't give a flying f**k, so sixty thousand people have to shut up for a minute.
It is baffling! The only way anybody will care is if a supporters bus turns up late, full of booze and singing, then the media will have to find out if his mother found it distressing.

There are far too many of the f**king things, even outwith the FAI.

I'm fully expecting there to be one when we play Gibraltar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 718719720721722 984>
  Share Topic