You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 644645646647648 984>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Always found it was part of the game, in Morocco at least. I always enjoyed it and rarely bought anything!
Fair enough but I'm sure you realise it's not going to be for everyone, a lot of people will find it quite intimidating especially the 1st time. 

I know when I first went to Tunisia in 2002, we (family) were staying in Hammamet and visited the medina on our 1st day. Such an experience that was with everyone roaring at us from all directions to have a look at what they were selling.  It was a real case of 'wtf is going on here! Shocked We had a guided tour of the medina which was quite interesting when you got to the quieter areas away from the hustle and bustle of the shops. Of course, at the end of the tour, the guide then took us on another tour of...his father's shop and those of his other relatives so we made our excuses, gave him a tip and left but it was quite an eye-opener after being used to wandering up and down promenades lined with British and Irish bars and shops in the Costas. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:00am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Always found it was part of the game, in Morocco at least. I always enjoyed it and rarely bought anything!
Fair enough but I'm sure you realise it's not going to be for everyone, a lot of people will find it quite intimidating especially the 1st time. 

I know when I first went to Tunisia in 2002, we (family) were staying in Hammamet and visited the medina on our 1st day. Such an experience that was with everyone roaring at us from all directions to have a look at what they were selling.  It was a real case of 'wtf is going on here! Shocked We had a guided tour of the medina which was quite interesting when you got to the quieter areas away from the hustle and bustle of the shops. Of course, at the end of the tour, the guide then took us on another tour of...his father's shop and those of his other relatives so we made our excuses, gave him a tip and left but it was quite an eye-opener after being used to wandering up and down promenades lined with British and Irish bars and shops in the Costas. LOL
I would find walking up and down the Costas,on streets full of buckled Tans and Paddies making absolute ****s of themselves in their attempts to colonise Andalusia to be far more intimidating.
If you haven't done even the most basic of research about the culture you are visiting then you possibly deserve any intimidation.
As I say, tell them they are upsetting you and you just want to see what he has for sale. They are often far more agreeable than you think. It is a game and they feel that hawking their wares is a part of the show for tourists.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:31am

I would find walking up and down the Costas,on streets full of buckled Tans and Paddies making absolute ****s of themselves in their attempts to colonise Andalusia to be far more intimidating.
If you haven't done even the most basic of research about the culture you are visiting then you possibly deserve any intimidation.
As I say, tell them they are upsetting you and you just want to see what he has for sale. They are often far more agreeable than you think. It is a game and they feel that hawking their wares is a part of the show for tourists.
Tbf, we had done virtually no research before going to Tunisia so probably did deserve that eye-opener but then again it was a last-minute booking for a week away in February. LOLEmbarrassed

But, when we got used to it, it was a bit of craic haggling with them. Thumbs Up

Funnily enough though re your point about Brits and Paddies turning Spanish fishing villages into Blackpool with hot weather, my mum and sister (sorry, no pics) are off to Benidorm in a month's time. Now, I'm not usually one to turn down a holiday abroad but on this occasion, I found the idea of sitting at home watching the world cup in peace was far more appealing than trying to watch it in the company of a load of lager louts in some bar surrounded by hideous sky-scrapers so told them to go on ahead without me. LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Would you not just say I'll give you a shout if I need help?

They usually f**k off then,probably glad to be back behind the counter .

Dunno.  Being the shy unassuming lad that I am too brittle to stand up to the onslaught of pressure.  And the shops here (wont name the 2 shops that come to mind) the fella working is usually the owner so he definitely wouldn't be glad to be back behind the counter. The enthusiasm from him and desperation to sell you stuff is overpowering. 

Spending thousands on clothes out of pity for the owner and debilitating shyness .Online shopping your only option. 

Dunno. That ''add to cart'' button puts the fear of God into me

LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:36am

Dunno.  Being the shy unassuming lad that I am too brittle to stand up to the onslaught of pressure.  And the shops here (wont name the 2 shops that come to mind) the fella working is usually the owner so he definitely wouldn't be glad to be back behind the counter. The enthusiasm from him and desperation to sell you stuff is overpowering. 

Spending thousands on clothes out of pity for the owner and debilitating shyness .Online shopping your only option. 

LOL
Well, if that's what internet shopping does to TJ, he deffo wouldn't last a minute in one of those Moroccan souks. LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:44am

Tbf, we had done virtually no research before going to Tunisia so probably did deserve that eye-opener but then again it was a last-minute booking for a week away in February. LOLEmbarrassed

But, when we got used to it, it was a bit of craic haggling with them. Thumbs Up

Funnily enough though re your point about Brits and Paddies turning Spanish fishing villages into Blackpool with hot weather, my mum and sister (sorry, no pics) are off to Benidorm in a month's time. Now, I'm not usually one to turn down a holiday abroad but on this occasion, I found the idea of sitting at home watching the world cup in peace was far more appealing than trying to watch it in the company of a load of lager louts in some bar surrounded by hideous sky-scrapers so told them to go on ahead without me. LOL
I wasn't deliberately knocking it, I have thought about going myself as I'm sure it would be good craic, if culturally vacuous. It was meant to point out that all cultures can be intimidating and a little bit of empathy, in all surroundings, will get you a lot further.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:46am
Couple of shops in the Ilac like that but they tend to be places where the gear is cheap enough.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:00am
Inconsiderate f**ks who change the toaster setting!!

There is a rolling toaster (best way to describe it) in the canteen at work. Now obviously different types of bread have different toasting levels.

But it should be common courtesy and cope on not to change the toaster speed and level while someone else has bread in there.

There is this one knob who rolls up throws in his bread and then changes proceeds to change the speed as it is going through, meaning if had had bread in there before him at the setting which toasts majority of bread variations adequately this arsehole just ruins it, meaning you have to put through your bread again and then this leads to yourself being the level changing arsehole or with burnt toast.

All I can say is the lad is lucky I finished American Psycho because I felt like gutting the f**ker right there in the canteen this morning
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:40am
Our old boss in work used to turn the toasted up to 6 (max level), you'd come down afterwards and not realise it had been put up so high and you'd only notice when you smelt the burning. His reasoning for doing it was that it toasts the bread quicker. It doesn't it just make the toaster stay on for longer you spa
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:00pm
This referendum is getting very petty ... The No Vote AdBoard truck chasing the Yes Vote AdBoard truck around.  Stopping when he stops ... following in the same direction etc
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

This referendum is getting very petty ... The No Vote AdBoard truck chasing the Yes Vote AdBoard truck around.  Stopping when he stops ... following in the same direction etc
I'm very surprised by that.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I'm very surprised by that.

I never thought if it but they are employed by the same company  so the lads prob just told to go a route and they are pulling in and out of places and having a chat . Prob couldn't give a sh*t what is on the adverts . 50 or 60 foot soldiers rolled into town there in a convoy of about 20 cars for the NO campaign.  Most seem to be of older age (+ 50)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:35pm

LOL
Well, if that's what internet shopping does to TJ, he deffo wouldn't last a minute in one of those Moroccan souks. LOL
Was on Morocco a couple of weeks ago , now was wandering around the souks the wife just picked up a scarf yer man said , buy it now and it's yours for what was 50 cent hey didn't but decided to head back the next day, now same drill , now the wife said how much for the same scarf he said 30 euro LOLLOLLOL
You have to laugh .

Edited by Claret Murph - 16 May 2018 at 8:37pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOL
Was on Morocco a couple of weeks ago , now was wandering around the souks the wife just picked up a scarf yer man said , buy it now and it's yours for what was 50 cent hey didn't but decided to head back the next day, now same drill , now the wife said how much for the same scarf he said 30 euro LOLLOLLOL
You have to laugh .

2.35 - 2.55LOL

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:39pm
We were discussing the Royal Wedding at work today and i gave my two cents on how I believe monarchy is a load of tripe and one of the girls told me "to move on from the past". She automatically assumed that I was anti-British because i dislike monarchy. Really annoyed me. 

Couldn't care if it was the Dutch, Spanish or British monarchies, they are all tripe to me. 
just hit the fecking thing
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

We were discussing the Royal Wedding at work today and i gave my two cents on how I believe monarchy is a load of tripe and one of the girls told me "to move on from the past". She automatically assumed that I was anti-British because i dislike monarchy. Really annoyed me. 

Couldn't care if it was the Dutch, Spanish or British monarchies, they are all tripe to me. 
And that children is irony!
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOL
You have to laugh .

Many moons ago on a holiday in Turkey, it was the first morning and I wandered in to a market. Had been told all about the haggling but was peckish and when I was told the price of a small bag of spicy peanuts (about £1 in old Irish money) I wasn't bothered haggling. Not being used to the currency, it took me until later that evening to figure out the little bollix had actually charged me a tenner!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

We were discussing the Royal Wedding at work today and i gave my two cents on how I believe monarchy is a load of tripe and one of the girls told me "to move on from the past".

Brilliant. LOL

It's hilarious how many Irish women seem to love the British monarchy - or actually more just royal weddings then the monarchy itself. Indulging their inner little girl who was brought up on fairy tales of princesses meeting their prince charming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 644645646647648 984>
  Share Topic