You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 643644645646647 987>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No-one is complaining about rugby supporters though.

Come on. It is a minor attempt at qualification, which doesn’t always  apply. Especially on here.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No-one is complaining about rugby supporters though.

Come on. It is a minor attempt at qualification, which doesn’t always  apply. Especially on here.

I just gave my opinion, I don't regard chaps who post the odd facebook status when Leinster reach a semi final or final as supporters Wink

I have many friends who attend rugby games and best of luck to them, I hope they enjoy tonight.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

On the subject of Facebook and annoyance, i was confronted this fine afternoon with a seemingly innocous post on said platform.

Happy 80th Birthday granny.

Ok. Aye. I doubt the 80 year old granny is on Facebook so thats a bit stupid really. But lots of people do it. Is it for attention? Neediness. I dont know. I really dont care. Anyway. But......

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Happy 80th Birthday Granny was accompanied with a photo of children all dressed up hold big '80' balloons and such.

Standing beside a f**kING GRAVE!

What in the name of God/ Allah / Budda / Malcom Tucker from bbc political comedy The Thick Of It is f**king wrong with people!

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:03pm
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Facebook users getting more and more pissed of with the f**kwits they have as friends 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Have ya ever thought of deleting Facebook? I used to have the same reaction to looking at it, essentially that nearly everyone I have ever known is a knob, so I deleted it and I found it very therapeutic, as you can tell from my calm and mellow demeanour these days.
You just post sh*te on here instead LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:34pm
When you go into a mens clothes shop (usually the quieter smaller independent ones) and the second you walk in the door you feel the eyes latch onto you.  You are the only customer in the shop and yer man is chomping at the bit to flog you gear.  If you as much as look at a shirt the shop owner pounces on you trying to get you to try it on.  Picking up a shirt and laying your hands on it to them translates as a commitment to buy said item and they are on you like a fly on sh*t trying to get you the right size and fussing about you.  Next thing you know you are in the fooking dressing room trying on stuff you dont even like or want and you just know the awkwardness is coming up when you make your excuses to get out of the sale.  ''Ah it's not my style.  Think I will leave it. Thanks anyway'' as you make a getaway to the front door as you hand back the garments.   You feel the eyes burning a hole int he back of your head as you leave the store and you mentally note that this shop is now off your browsing list in future.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:38pm
Would you not just say I'll give you a shout if I need help?

They usually f**k off then,probably glad to be back behind the counter .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:46pm
"Just having a look around thanks". Shop assistant gets the message and as Rossie said, is glad to get back behind the counter.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

"Just having a look around thanks". Shop assistant gets the message and as Rossie said, is glad to get back behind the counter.

+1 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Dunno.  Being the shy unassuming lad that I am too brittle to stand up to the onslaught of pressure.  And the shops here (wont name the 2 shops that come to mind) the fella working is usually the owner so he definitely wouldn't be glad to be back behind the counter. The enthusiasm from him and desperation to sell you stuff is overpowering. 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Dunno.  Being the shy unassuming lad that I am too brittle to stand up to the onslaught of pressure.  And the shops here (wont name the 2 shops that come to mind) the fella working is usually the owner so he definitely wouldn't be glad to be back behind the counter. The enthusiasm from him and desperation to sell you stuff is overpowering. 

Spending thousands on clothes out of pity for the owner and debilitating shyness .Online shopping your only option. 

Edited by rossieman - 15 May 2018 at 9:59pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:01pm

Spending thousands on clothes out of pity for the owner and debilitating shyness .Online shopping your only option. 

Dunno. That ''add to cart'' button puts the fear of God into me

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:11pm
The reason I buy nearly everything online now, I can't be dealing with it. Then the wonder why the 'high street' os struggling! I always think of Graham Linehan's acting cameo as a customer in 'Black Books', it is how I feel every time I make the mistake of walking into a shop.

While I am here I feel I must mention airports. Every time I go through one I consider joining a terrorist group.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:41pm

Sounds like you should be hoping that the 2026 world cup goes to USA/Canada/Mexico! LOL

If you think your small-shop experience here was bad, it'll be worse in Morocco, especially in those souks. I was on a cruise visit to Agadir a number of years ago and my memories of that combined with a couple of holidays in Tunisia showed why I'd rather go transatlantic if we qualify. 

Everywhere I went, I was being absolutely pestered by shop and stall owners to have a look at their wares and they wouldn't take 'I'm just looking' for an answer until I'd moved on a fair distance to the next stall/shop..it was hard work just trying to blank the c**ts.Dead
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:43pm
Folk who use the expression or start an answer with "Yeah, no.....", hearing it alot recently, WTF are you on about? 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:48pm
The Souks in Morocco are great, you can haggle there. When you can start haggling in the local clothes shop then I will warmly embrace their overenthusiasm, until then they can f**k off!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The Souks in Morocco are great, you can haggle there. When you can start haggling in the local clothes shop then I will warmly embrace their overenthusiasm, until then they can f**k off!
I see your point, certainly in comparing with not being able to haggle here but it would be great if the shop and stall owners owners in countries like Morocco and Tunisia would cool their jets (for the want of a better phrase) and leave people to browse in peace till they find something they actually want and then haggle away.  

Meanwhile, TJ is probably breaking out in a cold sweat reading this thread now. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:23pm
Always found it was part of the game, in Morocco at least. I always enjoyed it and rarely bought anything!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 643644645646647 987>
  Share Topic