Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonny Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:20am
Hayes plays mostly on the right for Aberdeen does he not? That's where I've seen him play mostly anyway. I do think he looks better there, cutting inside rather than going down the line. Albeit that is at SPL level, so perhaps that's why he seemed more impressive.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:27am
Agreed he is better on the right, but given his age and how he adapted, I doubt we will see him again in green. Unless he joins Yeovil or Shamrock.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:40am
not a bad option  ....for left back i would have tried and tested  stephen quinn  lefty and composed there maybe better chance for him
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:48am
That's maybe a little harsh on him PM. I dont think he's a bad player or anything, and certainly on his day for Aberdeen he can be quite impressive, but perhaps international football is a bridge too far for him and giving his age profile it's hard to see that changing. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though, seems an honest, hard-working guy.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:55am
That is all I meant. Having seen both Yeovil and Shamrock recently, I can confirm he is too good for either, just not good enough for us.
richie_os View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie_os Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:59am
Some very harsh opinions in here. The lad made two late cameos in games where the flow had already been completely disrupted by many substitutions. He tracked back well and looked threatening taking on his full back, winning a couple of corners. I wasn't overly thrilled when he was named in the squad, but how anyone can say he's not good enough based on that is beyond me
(San Marino) I think i'd settle for the draw.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 11:22am
He looked out of his depth.

Fair play to him though for playing himself into the squad and getting a full international.

But we have a number of better players than him all playing at a higher level.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 11:28am
Originally posted by richie_os richie_os wrote:

Some very harsh opinions in here. The lad made two late cameos in games where the flow had already been completely disrupted by many substitutions. He tracked back well and looked threatening taking on his full back, winning a couple of corners. I wasn't overly thrilled when he was named in the squad, but how anyone can say he's not good enough based on that is beyond me
Because he isn't good enough. At 29 and when your first cap is a friendly a few months before a major tournament it is vital you hit the ground running. He didn't. He deserved his go but seemed to do the same thing over and over again when he got the ball.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 11:35am
Minor point but he is 28.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 11:41am
fair point.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:13pm
I wouldn't completely rule him out, but like others have said there was something that didn't look quite right about him when he got on the ball. It was too predictable or obvious what he was going to do I think. Compare him to someone like Hoolahan who's quite fluid in his movement, and Hayes' whole posture looked wooden and tense. Perhaps that's down to nerves though, I've seen him looked much more sprightly playing for Aberdeen.

Edited by The O'Shea - 30 Mar 2016 at 1:14pm
We're decent enough..
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:16pm
He should stick to the rugby!
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He looked out of his depth.

Fair play to him though for playing himself into the squad and getting a full international.

But we have a number of better players than him all playing at a higher level.

got to agree
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:10pm
He's been nominated for Player of the Year in Scotland. Mind you, so has failed Barnsley/Rangers striker Kane Hemmings, now of Dundee...So make of that what you will
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:31pm
i dont think hes good enough but would be interesting to see what he could do with a decent side in the championship perhaps, nice that hes among the finalists for player of the year in scotland
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's been nominated for Player of the Year in Scotland. Mind you, so has failed Barnsley/Rangers striker Kane Hemmings, now of Dundee...So make of that what you will

Harry Kane was awful at Orient
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Harry Kane was awful at Orient

He scored 5 in 18, which isn't too shabby for a 17 year old getting his first taste of adult football. Hemmings on the other hand managed 1 in 9 for a division 3/4 Rangers side and 3 in 23 for Barnsley last season. Slightly different records I think it's fair to say.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:52pm
Think all his loan clubs were disappointed with him, just saw him at Orient and he was like a gazelle. The point was though, players don't work out at certain clubs for a myriad of reasons, doesn't mean they are bad players
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic