You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonny Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Moved your post Galo.
Haven't heard any mootings myself. Probably way off radar but a few summer friendlies could change that. Keep the reports coming
Fine with me,funny seeing him described as "young". Not to bothered if he is "off the radar" until after you play us in June.

"Is he really better than McGeady, Brady, McClean, Pilkington, Walters regardless"

You wouldn't find an Aberdeen supporter who would let him go in a straight swap for McGeady.And I don't know who the other guys are.But hey I don't know some of the names in the Scotland squad that play in England.

"Willo Flood, incidentally, was rumoured in the media to be on the verge of a call up last year as Keane had been impressed by him. Never happened, and probably never will any time soon"

Has been out injured ,popular player,hard working but might struggle to get back in this Aberdeen team.
Sponsored Links

keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 3:10pm
He plays lb on occasion i read, Is he any use as a lb?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Moved your post Galo.
Haven't heard any mootings myself. Probably way off radar but a few summer friendlies could change that. Keep the reports coming
Fine with me,funny seeing him described as "young". Not to bothered if he is "off the radar" until after you play us in June.

"Is he really better than McGeady, Brady, McClean, Pilkington, Walters regardless"

You wouldn't find an Aberdeen supporter who would let him go in a straight swap for McGeady.And I don't know who the other guys are.But hey I don't know some of the names in the Scotland squad that play in England.

"Willo Flood, incidentally, was rumoured in the media to be on the verge of a call up last year as Keane had been impressed by him. Never happened, and probably never will any time soon"

Has been out injured ,popular player,hard working but might struggle to get back in this Aberdeen team.

Aberdeen fans must be off their heads in that case, because McGeady would quite possibly win them the SPL single handedly. I've seen Hayes play on quite a few occasions, he always struck me as a good player at SPL level, that's kind of the problem though, it's hard to judge exactly how good a guy is when he's playing the the SPL. Another of Aberdeen's Irishmen, Adam Rooney, is a prime example of that. He was fantastic with Inverness, got a move to Birmingham in the Championship and did nothing, dropped down to League One with Swindon and Oldham and didn't fare much better, but lo and behold, he moves back to the SPL with Aberdeen and instantaneously starts banging in the goals again.
We're decent enough..
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by keith3307 keith3307 wrote:

Initially surprised to see him there but he is fast and as hard as nails so he does very well when asked to fill in there.
keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

Originally posted by keith3307 keith3307 wrote:

Initially surprised to see him there but he is fast and as hard as nails so he does very well when asked to fill in there.
Thanks, That might be his best chance into the squad. I wouldnt mind himself and Rooney looked at in a friendly.Aberdeen have been playing well.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 7:31pm
Mentioned it on a thread in the whatever section before but a mate of mine roomed with him on underage Ireland duty, he rests his sack on the rim when he's having a donald LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zico View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 8:53pm
FFS.

I can see that as a trivial question on a question of sport.
I want to eat your ....
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Mentioned it on a thread in the whatever section before but a mate of mine roomed with him on underage Ireland duty, he rests his sack on the rim when he's having a donald LOL

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this. Donald = Donald Duck, right? But how would his roommate know? And then, 'rests his sack on the rim'! Mind boggles...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 6:48am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this. Donald = Donald Duck, right? But how would his roommate know? And then, 'rests his sack on the rim'! Mind boggles...
Donald = Donald Trump = Dump
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Donald = Donald Trump = Dump

Aaahh, thanks, makes sense now! LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 4:50pm
I thought that manoeuvre was pretty common. It avoids the 'helmet rub off toilet bowl' scenario!

Edited by Lenny82 - 05 Jan 2015 at 4:51pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:10pm

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I thought that manoeuvre was pretty common. It avoids the 'helmet rub off toilet bowl' scenario!

I'd have to be sitting right up at the front of the bowl in order to be able to rest my sack on the rim. Would there not be a risk of pissing on the floor? And would there not be an increased risk of leaving skiddies?

Waste of time in my opinion.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 12:44am
All in all Hayes can be pleased with his lot over the past few days, not exactly headline grabbing material but he did fine especially tonight.

I love his willingness to run back and help out the defence, not to mention after he strung a few simple passes to his team mates he grew in confidence and started to take on the full backs.

Nice little addition to the squad and will hopefully replace some of the deadwood. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:06am
Thought he looked exceptionally one dimensional tbh, didn't see anything to suggest we'll see any more of him in an Irish squad. Then again it was only his first experience at international level so perhaps he'll grow into it.
We're decent enough..
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:11am
Have to agree with O'Shea here, really hoping O'Dowda gets his move in the summer so we can get him on the wings.
Hayes is one dimensional, I've watched him a few times at Aberdeen and I've never once though Woah he could add something. Pilkington, McClean are on a different level
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:13am
Here lads I'm not saying Johnny Hayes is a brilliant player or anything ffs LOL

All I said was I'm glad he done ok and will over take some of the deadwood that's been around the squad or extended panels for years. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:15am
Can we try him in left back! Whatcha reckon? Or centre midfield to replace Quinn 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic