You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luas
    Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:20am

Thursday December 2nd 2010

Site Update - 17:00 hrs

17:00 hrs The Luas Green Line is operating from Sandyford stop to Brides Glen stop only. There is no service from St Stephens Green to Sandyford. This is due to a weather related issue at Charlemont and Milltown Stops. Maintenance crews are working on the issue and passengers are advised to check the web and listen to media reports.
Luas Tickets are valid on Dublin Bus.

The Luas Red Line is operating a full line service The Point Stop to Tallaght however there are delays and Luas Connolly Stop remains closed due to weather conditions.

Passengers are strongly advised to listen to media updates, check www.transport.ie www.luas.ie and AA Roadwatch updates for further information on evening and night time travel.

Information is also available from Luas Customer Care 1800 300 604 till 7pm this evening

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:21am
Get the sleeping bag out son
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:24am
apparently i can use my ticket on a busCensored
Them techicians better be fixing the problem on the line poste haste
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:47am
got on the blower to some bird called Susan in Luas. Explained who i was and they're gonna fix it within the next couple of hoursClap I reckon a hot Port and a Pint is in order while I waitThumbs%20Up. I simply don't do buses.Thumbs%20Down
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Explained who i was and they're gonna fix it 

Confused

Edited by McG - 02 Dec 2010 at 11:50am
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Explained who i was and they're gonna fix it 

Confused
I'm a VIP on the Luas McGCool
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 6:56am
Stranded in town last nite cause of a bit of snow. Joke of a transport system.Thumbs%20Down presume its back working today but i'm not buying a ticket for a month now.
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 6:58am

Stranded in town last nite cause of a bit of snow. Joke of a transport system.Thumbs%20Down presume its back working today but i'm not buying a ticket for a month now.

you enjoy your few pints though?
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 7:06am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

you enjoy your few pints though?
Dead yeh. Don't like spending money cause I can't get home on a poxy tram that's afraid of snow though saint.
Plastic Bari View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic Bari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 7:27am
The train is the only safe game in the bad weather
Twitter @VonBarracuda
Karnage View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Plastic Bari Plastic Bari wrote:

The train is the only safe game in the bad weather

yea im gonna need a JCB to dig out my motor
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 6:43pm
Was getting the Luas after work and there was a kid on the platform on her own waiting for the train. She definitely looked way under 12 to be travelling without a parent/guardian and got off about 5 stops later. It didnt look like anyone was there to meet her either. 

It could be nothing and a journey she takes everyday but it didn't look right. I reported it to the guards just to be on the safe side. 

Anyone ever come across this on public transport in Dublin before? I always assumed the law was you had to be over 12 but could be wrong. I never seen a child travelling on their own like that before. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Was getting the Luas after work and there was a kid on the platform on her own waiting for the train. She definitely looked way under 12 to be travelling without a parent/guardian and got off about 5 stops later. It didnt look like anyone was there to meet her either. 

It could be nothing and a journey she takes everyday but it didn't look right. I reported it to the guards just to be on the safe side. 

Anyone ever come across this on public transport in Dublin before? I always assumed the law was you had to be over 12 but could be wrong. I never seen a child travelling on their own like that before. 

Muff i was in Tesco's in Athenry around 3.30pm today parked up and the car next to me had a ( at a guess a 3 year old ) child in the car seat . Now looked around and nobody else was there , anyway got a few things as i got back to the car the mother turned up with a 5 year old and just got in the car and drove off , i just looked at her and said nothing . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:16pm

Used to get the Dart at that age no bother, don't see the issue.

Edit - missed the 'way under' before the 12, what age you talking? 

Edited by nvidic - 13 Mar 2023 at 8:17pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Used to get the Dart at that age no bother, don't see the issue.

Edit - missed the 'way under' before the 12, what age you talking? 

I would say in and around 10 but I could be wrong too.

Might be making a mountain out of a molehill LOL but I've never noticed anyone that young travelling on their own like that the last 8 years I've been living in Dublin. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:18pm
Yeah I think you are. In this day and age it’s perhaps a little unusual but probably a one off day when travelling on their tod on a journey they probably take with an adult every other day. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 10:37pm

My daughters school allows pupils travel from their home to school without a parent or guardian from the age of 10. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:40am
My wifes friends daughter flew to Lanarote on her sweeney.

She stayed with the father for Christmas and then flew over on the 27th or something.

AFAIK only AL allow this.

Looks as though anyone over the age of 12 can fly alone.

Edited by horsebox - 14 Mar 2023 at 8:43am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic