Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup bids 2018 and 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:25am
Originally posted by AKOT AKOT wrote:

covarage starts on bb2 at 14.45 the next programme starts at 15.45

Yeah i think the decisons are from 3pm Irish time.

Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Originally posted by AKOT AKOT wrote:

covarage starts on bb2 at 14.45 the next programme starts at 15.45

Yeah i think the decisons are from 3pm Irish time.

Yep 3 pm is the time alright .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:24am
Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

Looking at the Executive Committee that decides Im gonna say Spain/Portugal bid will win, plenty of latin countries that have a vote and I reckon all these lads stick together. What makes the Russia bid the favourite is beyond me!!! (this is me being naive and presuming nobody takes bribes Smile)

Latin countries have 3 votes plus Qatar bloke with a vote said he is backing it. So that's 4 out of 23 already. Looking like it could be Russia though, even though it's the country that needs the most work done for it. Will cost a bomb!
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:53am
Would hate for Russia to get it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:55am
England into 8/11 favs to win it now after their pitch
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:04am
Wow - yeah Baggio.

England have dropped to odds on with all bookies on OddsChecker. Averag eof around 4/5.

Rusia are average second favs at about 2/1.

Portugal and Spain average at 4/1 now.

That pitch was impressive, but I never would have thought it'd make such a difference to the voters.  Would have assumed minds made up already.

Perhaps it's just the market has dropped England's odds because people backed England on the strength of that pitch.....Interesting now.

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:04am
I'm tempted to put a good few squid on Russia at 2/1 now!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:05am
I think Russia will get it
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:24am
What are the latest odds for 2022 ? Hope to fook Qatar don't get it. Would prefer USA or Australia.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:33am
Qatar are faves:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/world-cup/2022-host
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:38am
I'm hoping for either Qatar or Japan for 2022 - for the stadiums and holographic players buzz respectively!
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:41am
I don't think the holographic thing is part of the bid now.

Did sound like something spectacular.  They admitted at the time that the software isn't even invented for it yet; they just felt that the progress of software could lead them to possibly try it out by 2022.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:43am
Ah really?? Screw that then. If they're not gonna do that then they can get out of it! Qatar all the way!
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:05am
Netherlands/Belgium have an immpressive bid.. They emphasised their bike policy and how it would be a green world cup.. Would be my favourite world cup location. Ill gladly take this or england
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:10am
Apparently Russia are a shoo-in for 2018. Disapprove
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:14am
Paris and Chicago were apparent 'shoe in's. ' for the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and didn't get them.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:28am
2018 odds haven't changed since Russia's pitch and Arshavin's attempt at a little tear.  Cringing that was!

Looks like it could be England if tehbookies get it right!

bring it on.

3.30hours to decision time.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:10am
Surely the voters aren't going to be influenced by the pitches. Its FIFA we're talking about. All of the voters will have made their minds up before today.

I'd be surprised if England don't get it. They were a lot shorter odds before Mondays Panorama caused them to drift so the shortening today isn't as significant as they seem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
  Share Topic