Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup bids 2018 and 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 6:58pm
Ozzies suffered a masive set back this morning after a FIFA report showed that it would be a near financial nightmare to host it over here. Looks like the States are favourites again. Absolute joke if they get it ahead of the Ozzies or even Quatar; they only had it in 94.
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:54pm
USA USA
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Ozzies suffered a masive set back this morning after a FIFA report showed that it would be a near financial nightmare to host it over here. Looks like the States are favourites again. Absolute joke if they get it ahead of the Ozzies or even Quatar; they only had it in 94.

Not sure about these things HM so many Fav's seem to lose out in this who gets the world cup lark . All down to money really well how much you want to tip someone Wink

Still hope Aussie gets it .Thumbs%20Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Tash Kent Tash Kent wrote:

Would hate Russia or England, Euro 96 in England was sh1te I think and loads of half empty stadiums, i can understand why it would be handy to get there and maybe even for cost staying with friends instead of using hotels but I cant see it being much craic there, and Russia is just way too hard to travel around and scum fans as well.Thumbs%20Down

Would be happy with Spain/Portugal or Holland/Belgium for European choice, Euro 2000 was well organised and was easy to get between games.

Think England have fooked themselves up anyway, FIFA and its voting members won’t like the bad publicity.

As for the non European choice Australia would be a good choice but would be expensive enough getting there if we are involved, good to have local Irish community to access tickets as well.

Sh1te might be a bit strong Tash but alot of people have short memorys, as you said alot of stadiums werent full despite England being 'football mad', England had only 2 decent games and one of those was against a self imploding dutch and you wouldnt want to be driving a german car on the night of the semi final

Sh1te might be over the top and maybe its because I was living in London at the time Newry but I really thought Euro 96 was badly organised, I know London in particular is a terrible place to host tournaments because of its size but travelling supports had a lot less craic than say in Euro 2000 or Germany 2006 in my opinion and the big difference was the locals at least made an effort to participate in those tournaments in my opinion, it was not just London either I went to the semi final in Manchester and apart from the stadium being half empty even for a game of that importance you wouldn’t even know anything was going on in the city nearly that day either.

The fans fest in the host cities in Germany 2006 was top class and way better organised as was France in 1998, England would need to improve a lot from the effort they made in 1996 for me.

As for the violence that was another part of the problem there in 96, was a guy not killed on a train by a nutter after the England v Germany game because he was mistakenly thought to be German, seen a lot of nutters like that in London during that tournmant as well.Thumbs%20Down

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:17am
I wouldn't want England, even though it would be incredibly handy, if it's gonna be my first World Cup, I want it to be one big massive holiday, preferably somewhere hot. So Spain/Portugal would be my first choice.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:18am
Yanks  in with a decent chance of getting 2022. Had Bill Clinton speaking for them at their presentation this afternoon which should/could be of enourmous benefit to them.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Dec 2010 at 11:18am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:36pm
Netherlands/Belgium or England for 2018. We should have a good team in 2018 witht he likes of mcarthy duffy clark treacy brady coleman cunningham clifford etc.. hopefully we'll make it to what should be a brilliant world cup in hopefully either of these locations!
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:09pm
undercurrent of racism in their fans
dislike of foreigners
poor food and drink
infastructure badly in need of investment
ruling elite are miliionaires
national team usually under achieves

Well ....................enough about England

Spain Portugal and Austrialia .................please
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
said on sky newes earler after the bbc panorma program that  russia gone  favorite for 2018

The 3 fellas taken the bribs(so called) were all in favour of the english bids before the  program was aired it was said 
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:19pm
FIFA Can suck my hole if they pick russia the smelly pricks
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
sheaoccfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheaoccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 4:22pm
We'll know from around 3pm onwards tomorrow where the world cup will be held. 

City till i die !!!!!!!!!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:29pm
Put a tenner on the britsThumbs%20Up
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:55pm
Think Russia have this sewn up, their style of 'democracy' is fairly similar to FIFA's. Putin not even bothering going to Zurich, either he knows he has it, or he knows he has no chance. He was very quick to condemn panorama as well.Russia investing in a purpose built track in Moscow next year for the F1 at a cost of multi millions, I think the lad is in power so long he is beginning to think of his legacy to the Russians, no better way than giving them the biggest tournament in the world (again, at a cost of multi millions, but , f**k it, he wont be picking up the tab)

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:56pm
Looking at the Executive Committee that decides Im gonna say Spain/Portugal bid will win, plenty of latin countries that have a vote and I reckon all these lads stick together. What makes the Russia bid the favourite is beyond me!!! (this is me being naive and presuming nobody takes bribes Smile)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

Looking at the Executive Committee that decides Im gonna say Spain/Portugal bid will win, plenty of latin countries that have a vote and I reckon all these lads stick together. What makes the Russia bid the favourite is beyond me!!! (this is me being naive and presuming nobody takes bribes Smile)

Aye, I believe bribery is unheard of in both FIFA and Russia......

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 6:25pm
Just seen the Ozzie presentation to FIFA which included a kangaroo steeling the world cup and Crocodile Dundee chasing him; surely they have it in the bag now!
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 6:36pm
what time is the announcement tomorrow?
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:52am
covarage starts on bb2 at 14.45 the next programme starts at 15.45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
  Share Topic