You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup bids 2018 and 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don't think it's a joke England didn't get it. They were ready to host the world cup tomorrow. But that's probably what counted against them, FIFA seem to want to expand football more. Russia is huge so basically they are bringing the world cup to a continent.
Qatar, they are bringing it to the middle east. I bet the USA get 2026

Yeah that's a good point. I think ultimately it does all boil down to cold hard cash. As you say, England already had the infrastructure in place. Whilst they may have seen this as the feather in their cap, it was ultimately their downfall.

Two big things Russia and Qatar had in common was their current absolute lack of facilities in place - England could host the World Cup tomorrow almost - and that was a big turn off for FIFA.

The lack of facilities of course means that there is a need created for someone to put them in place. I'm sure FIFA have close links to a number of associated companies who will be heavily involved in the projects and building works required for this. Russia and Qatar may have bunged them the most - but FIFA will see the pair of them as the gift that keeps on giving...
That argument doesnt stand up when you look at qatar What are they gonna do with 12 state of the art international stadiums after the world cup finishes?

Who cares? Certainly not FIFA anyway. What they do care about is all the capital outlay that will be required by Qatar to put them in place. Sure aren't they donating the seats etc to Africa afterwards?

So they are gonna donate the stadiums brick by brick to Africa Somehow cant see how they will do that

Sure in June it will be about 15 degrees hotter than it was in orlando when we played mexico

And there will certainly be no drinking

Absolute joke it is- are qatar - a country half the size of wales with a population of less than 2 million gonna start churning out top footballers after this?

Not a hope- 5 years after that world cup it will be completely forgotten- a pointless place for a world cup

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 03 Dec 2010 at 9:57am
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:02am

That argument doesnt stand up when you look at qatar

What are they gonna do with 12 state of the art international stadiums after the world cup finishes?

dismantle them and give them to 3rd world countries apparently
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

That argument doesnt stand up when you look at qatar What are they gonna do with 12 state of the art international stadiums after the world cup finishes?

How the fook is this possible?

I somehow dont think an air conitioned state of the art football stadium is the most essential thing required in a 3rd world country
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:08am
Fairly pointless for you and me - I fully agree. But if anything that just backs up my point further - it makes plenty of sense for FIFA and their bank balance.

I'd say there might be drinking. They'll have to relax a lot of their laws to pander to an international audience. Like, the last thing they would want is some headline about an Irish or English fan getting drunk and then flogged by the police! Although yeah - it probably won't be a crazy as most World Cups - i.e Germany 2006.

And yeah - not sure how they're doing the Africa thing but pretty sure it was mentioned in their bid!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:22am

How the fook is this possible? 

Money can do anything if you have enough of it

I somehow dont think an air conitioned state of the art football stadium is the most essential thing required in a 3rd world country

It is highly unlikely that they will transplant a 60000 Air conditioned AC staduim - they mean they will use the materials, cladding panels chiller plant, AHU's etc on 3rd world football related infrastructure. There would be a pretty high percentage of the staduim materails re usable

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:23am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I wanted to them to get it, but I will certainly laugh at the fall out from them not getting it

What gives them the devine right to think they should automatically get it?
Where did you see them say they had a divine right to get it?! You can't even spell the word, ya thick!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I wanted to them to get it, but I will certainly laugh at the fall out from them not getting it

What gives them the devine right to think they should automatically get it?
Where did you see them say they had a divine right to get it?! You can't even spell the word, ya thick!

ConfusedConfusedConfused

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:35am

What are they gonna do with 12 state of the art international stadiums after the world cup finishes?

Maybe the Fai should put in a request for a brand spanking new stadium for free Wink
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:46am
Money talks, thats the main reason why Russia & Qatar are hosting WC 2018/2022 respectively.

Anyone who believes different are just naive.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Money talks, thats the main reason why Russia & Qatar are hosting WC 2018/2022 respectively.

Maybe your'e the naive one, its the ONLY REASON WinkWinkWink
I know nothing :-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Maybe the Fai should put in a request for a brand spanking new stadium for free Wink

Maybe thats Blatters idea of compensation for Ireland, an airconditioned 2nd hand stadium to be delivered in the autumn of 2023LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:05am
An Irish company are the ones who are designing the air conditioning in the  stadiums etc for Qatar. 

Edited by Baldrick - 03 Dec 2010 at 11:14am
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

An Irish company are the ones who are designing the stadiums and the air conditiong etc for Qatar. 
Clap
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:12am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:18am

An Irish company are the ones who are designing the stadiums and the air conditiong etc for Qatar. 

Talk about being quick on the draw, i just checked the companies office

Company Name:   Qatar Stadium & Air Conditioning Designs Ltd

Directors:    S Blatter, Amos Adamu, Reynald Temarii, Bin Hammam, Leoz, Grondona, Teixeira, Abo Rida, Makudi, Villar Llona, Platini, Hayatou, Anouma, Lefkaritis

No doubt also registerd in Ireland due to our low corporation tax rate and the fact that we tolerate corruption Wink
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:20am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Talk about being quick on the draw, i just checked the companies office

Company Name:   Qatar Stadium & Air Conditioning Designs Ltd

Directors:    S Blatter, Amos Adamu, Reynald Temarii, Bin Hammam, Leoz, Grondona, Teixeira, Abo Rida, Makudi, Villar Llona, Platini, Hayatou, Anouma, Lefkaritis

No doubt also registerd in Ireland due to our low corporation tax rate and the fact that we tolerate corruption Wink
Shocked
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Maybe your'e the naive one, its the ONLY REASON WinkWinkWink

True!LOL
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:53am
Originally posted by darragh1888 darragh1888 wrote:

some decent looking stadiums here

Jaysus, if their presentation is anything to go by and they go ahead with these stadiums this looks very sexy indeed, could be a memorable trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic