You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:29pm
We are looking really good for CBs for afew years, Wilson, Duffy & keep hearing good things about that John Egan lad.O'Dea in fairness hasn't let us down when he's been called upon.There are always surprises along the way too

Edited by darman28 - 21 Jan 2012 at 7:31pm
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

We are looking really good for CBs for afew years, Wilson, Duffy & keep hearing good things about that John Egan lad.O'Dea in fairness hasn't let us down when he's been called upon.There are always surprises along the way too

Dont forget Clark,a regular with Villa and centre back is supposed to be his best position.Good to see a few look lads making the breakthrough.
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:47pm
Some turn around for him since that day in Gannon Park
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:56pm
Big praise from Moyes who knows a thing or two about centre backs.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Dont forget Clark,a regular with Villa and centre back is supposed to be his best position.Good to see a few look lads making the breakthrough.

Cheers rossieman I knew I was forgeting somebody, there propably more I'm forgeting too
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Cheers rossieman I knew I was forgeting somebody, there propably more I'm forgeting too

O'Brien from Derby was having a very good season before his injury.hopefully all these lads keep improving and we are well covered for the future.
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by bann the tolls bann the tolls wrote:

What about Per KroldrupConfused
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Weecounty Weecounty wrote:

Originally posted by bann the tolls bann the tolls wrote:

What about Per KroldrupConfused
1 player in ten years at the club? played him for 1 game and got rid so i'll stand by what I said. Some people can't help themselves trolling even on the republic section, the young lad done well and he's Irish! leave you club baggage at the door and give credit were due.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 2:10am
Excellent today - MOM. Clap Unlucky not to score as well when his header hit the bar. 

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:25pm
Is the everton fulham game on tv wouldnt mind getting a luck at duffy in a live game
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Is the everton fulham game on tv wouldnt mind getting a luck at duffy in a live game
Setanta 745pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:16pm
Its not listed on Setanta
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:23pm
Another very good display from Shane tonight. Looked solid all game.

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:47pm
He is so dominant in the air.
eam77 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eam77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:09am
watched it online, very impressed with shane duffy. he dominated at the back and was unlucky to have a shot headed off the line. very decent prospect. just hope moyes sticks with him

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:17am
Another good performance in a big game for Everton , if he can stay in the Everton team from now until the end of the season who know's he could be fast tracked into the Ireland set up for the WC 2014 qualifiers! 

Early day's in his career but he's taking his chance at club level now and its great to see Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 9:54am
He has'nt a hope of getting into that plane.
The chap is 20 years of age who has only played about 3 games at EPL level.

We have plenty of cover for centre half. Dunne, O'Shea, O'Dea and Sledge.
Also hoping to make the plane will be Ciaran Clark and Marc Wilson another 2 players who have experience of playing at centre half.

If he keeps playing and keep developing his game he may get a squad place for the WC qualifiers.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:26am
You underestimate his quality. Sometimes higher quality trumps lesser quality coupled with experience.

When he was in the training camp squad he started at CB alongside O'Dea and he was by far the stand out performer until injury struck.

In terms of quality at CB, I rate him higher than O'Dea, Wilson and St Ledger, at least. Experience is all that goes against him, but how does one gain that?

This season, at 20, he was the mainstay in Scun thorpe's defence and since returning to Everton, he has played well alongside a World Cup finalist, at some stages even looking like the senior partner with the amount of organising he does.

He has plenty of time on his side.
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 157>
  Share Topic