You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 157>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 11:35pm
Assuming we will be backs to the wall against Portugal he is ideally suited. Probably our biggest goal threat also. Good to see him back on form. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 6:13am
I think most people expected him to drop to a Championship team but fair play to him, must have impressed during pre-season and has taken his chance.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 8:23am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I think most people expected him to drop to a Championship team but fair play to him, must have impressed during pre-season and has taken his chance.

he's only in the team due to injuries... however, to his credit, he has made the most of the opportunity so far. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 8:46am
delighted for Shane he deserves a bit of success after last season.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Played really well today . I’ve never seen him pass the ball so well in any game . Don’t think he wasted one ball . Fantastic headed goal too

Excellent header.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Played really well today . I’ve never seen him pass the ball so well in any game . Don’t think he wasted one ball . Fantastic headed goal too

Excellent header.

I for one think he could have hit the header a little more into the corner.

Edited by Left foot - 22 Aug 2021 at 12:01pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 12:30pm
Delighted for Duffy.

Go as far as to say it's like we've found a new talent at Centre-Half for the upcoming matches.
Came out fully-formed and we'll be all the better for him.

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 4:22pm
I see one of his teammates saying he's playing like a new signing for the club. Whatever it is, let's hope he can carry on and have a great season (and he's still only 29).
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 6:47pm
It'll shut the gob on all those pathetic Ireland and Celtic fans that were giving him grief all last season.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

It'll shut the gob on all those pathetic Ireland and Celtic fans that were giving him grief all last season.

The grief he received was due to his very poor performances. It was easy to see he was struggling last season. So being critical of Duffy last season was justifiable.

Happily he looks like he's dusted himself off and turned it around.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:29pm

Brighton are closing in on the £15.4m signing of Getafe defender Marc Cucurella. I'm hoping this won't impact Duffy too much as he's played well.

I can't help thinking it will however.

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Brighton are closing in on the £15.4m signing of Getafe defender Marc Cucurella. I'm hoping this won't impact Duffy too much as he's played well.

He's a full back.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He's a full back.

Ditto and an attacking one will likely play a wing back role just reading at a glance
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:05am
Some turnaround from the big man, different player from the one at celtic just a few months ago.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:24am
On another night (with a different referee) you'd have Premier League teams watching videos on both Duffy and Egan's efforts at stopping Ronaldo in the air tonight.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:03am
The perfect game for him last night, blocking goal bound shots for fun.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

On another night (with a different referee) you'd have Premier League teams watching videos on both Duffy and Egan's efforts at stopping Ronaldo in the air tonight.

They'd just have to edit out his two headed goals LOL
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

They'd just have to edit out his two headed goals LOL

Yeah on another night (with a different referee).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 157>
  Share Topic