Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 10:43pm
there was a banner outside Parkhead last night doing the rounds on twitter that said - Get Lennon and Duffy to f**k, it’s a shambles 

Sponsored Links

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 10:43pm
west ham had an offer to duffy, duffy chose celtic for sentimental reasons. he is a fantastic defender for a team like west ham who play a deep line, there's no reason they wouldnt still want him. do you really think a bad 2 months at celtic outweighs 2 very good seasons with brighton? i do not, i think any team who plays a defensive style would know duffys value in that style of play
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Not a single Premier League side wanted Duffy enough to go and get him during the summer, so it's even more unlikely they'd go for him now. 

He's out of sight and out of mind in Scotland, I'd question whether he will play in the Premier League again. Maybe a newly promoted team might take him, but all the promoted teams this year play a reasonably expansive game, so didn't want Duffy. Might be a similar situation next season.

If he can't turn it around at Celtic it will be back to the Brighton reserves or down to the Championship I think. The Sheffield Wednesdays and Stokes of that division would take him alright.

West Ham wanted him and were very close to signing.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
Kenny coming out in strong defense of Duffy.

https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1325743245285060608

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 6:45am
Apparently his Grandmother passed away only 10 weeks before his father did also

Very sad time for him
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How did he do once he came on? 
Only saw 60 minutes 

Missed a header and couple of poor passes. With Jullien expected back after the international break and barring more injuries/covid cases, its hard to see a way back for him. 

Not sure the terms of the loan deal but if a Championship club or lower half Prem club were interested in January, it might suit all parties for him to go. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 12:10pm
Maybe he can become the on pitch version of Big Sam, helping relegation fodder teams barely stay up. 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:15pm

I hear Cyprus is nice this time of year. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:19pm
No and it wont until we qualify for World cups again, anyway at least we have been working hard woth the underage set up and hopefully in the near future we wont have to worry about not producing our own talent.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How did he do once he came on? 
Only saw 60 minutes 

Missed a header and couple of poor passes. With Jullien expected back after the international break and barring more injuries/covid cases, its hard to see a way back for him. 

Not sure the terms of the loan deal but if a Championship club or lower half Prem club were interested in January, it might suit all parties for him to go. 

Wages will be difficult for a Championship team and it's hard to see there being any short term Premier League interest given his recent form. To be fair, given that his game has fallen away to the point that he's not good enough for the Scottish Premier, he's probably as well away from the Premier League for his own good.

Factor in the estimated £2 million loan fee and Brighton probably aren't going to be in any rush to get him out of Glasgow. Free money for them for a player they weren't going to use anyway. I think Celtic will be stuck with him until the summer.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 8:40am
He will turn a corner and be fine. Still loads of time in his loan left. Be grand. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 8:52am
he has dealt with Kenny’s new style better than I thought esp after the first match when he and many others were clearly not match fit.  

The impact of his Dad passing has to come into it.  Young man to lose his Dad and his Dad was a young man and obviously very close to Shane.  

As McG says he will come through it and he has more than enough ability to play well for Celtic in the SPL. 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He will turn a corner and be fine. Still loads of time in his loan left. Be grand. 

Yes he will but it doesn't suit the narrative for a lot of our posters here.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:23am

If Tarks leaves Burnley in the next window Duffy would be the man for the Clarets even with his Blackbum background .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

he has dealt with Kenny’s new style better than I thought esp after the first match when he and many others were clearly not match fit.  

The impact of his Dad passing has to come into it.  Young man to lose his Dad and his Dad was a young man and obviously very close to Shane.  

As McG says he will come through it and he has more than enough ability to play well for Celtic in the SPL. 

Ye his performances in the 2nd round of games were much improved from the first, which is why it is surprising to see him struggle so far at Celtic.

But there's no reason to suggest that he won't come through it. He's struggled at times in the past, and he's always come through so there's no reason to believe he won't this time.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Narrative? Duffy hasn't played well and that observation has been discussed on here, why is this a narrative? Duffy himself would be the first to admit he's underperformed.

A narrative would be more in line with pretending Duffy is playing well and that he's fantastic with the ball to feet. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Narrative? Duffy hasn't played well and that observation has been discussed on here, why is this a narrative? Duffy himself would be the first to admit he's underperformed.

A narrative would be more in line with pretending Duffy is playing well and that he's fantastic with the ball to feet. 

The narrative is the constant put down of our players.

Nobody has ever claimed that Duffy is good with his feet so I am not sure why you brought that up.

The reality is that Kenny is fully supportive of Duffy and should continue to be in the starting 11, although I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit out the England game.

Edited by horsebox - 11 Nov 2020 at 10:55am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:05am
Fair play Horse, I think everyone wants Duffy get back to previous standard of performance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 157>
  Share Topic