You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:47pm
Jesus he's getting absolutely destroyed by Celtic fans on Twitter.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

He is an awesome defender for any side looking to get to the magic 40 points. 

Newcastle would suit him. 

he's just been shown up in the Scottish Prem. He'd be lucky to get a Championship team after this

Embarrassed for you mate. Duffy has been a disaster in a joke of a league.  Aberdeen would be relegation candidates in the English Championship. He is exactly the opposite type of defender to the kind we need for the style of football we are trying to play.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:11pm
Is duffy really on 45k a week? Jesus!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:57pm
Second Aberdeen goal was Sunday league stuff. Sounds like his game overall wasn't much better but I've only seen the goals and can't confirm that. Good news for celtic is hes only on loan. 

Really worrying from an ireland point of view, with the new style of play Duffy is a massive liability sadly... 

We struggle badly to score goals at the moment, we simply can't afford to give away soft goals like that. 

Kevin Long must be a consideration.

Edited by Left foot - 25 Oct 2020 at 3:58pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Second Aberdeen goal was Sunday league stuff. Sounds like his game overall wasn't much better but I've only seen the goals and can't confirm that. Good news for celtic is hes only on loan. 

Really worrying from an ireland point of view, with the new style of play Duffy is a massive liability sadly... 

We struggle badly to score goals at the moment, we simply can't afford to give away soft goals like that. 

Kevin Long must be a consideration.

Or o Shea 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

He is an awesome defender for any side looking to get to the magic 40 points. 

Newcastle would suit him. 

he's just been shown up in the Scottish Prem. He'd be lucky to get a Championship team after this

Embarrassed for you mate. Duffy has been a disaster in a joke of a league.  Aberdeen would be relegation candidates in the English Championship. He is exactly the opposite type of defender to the kind we need for the style of football we are trying to play.

Regardless of his poor performances for Celtic recently, Kenny is still picking him, and I'd still expect him to start the next game for Ireland.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:22pm

He was MOTM in his first 2 games. He's only played 8 games.

Celtic as a team are not playing well either.

for scoring a header, not his primary job on the team
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
He deserves the benefit of the doubt for now unless he is dropped by Celtic.
But for Kenny's style of play, passing around our own half, Kevin Long is probably more suited to it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm

He was MOTM in his first 2 games. He's only played 8 games.

Celtic as a team are not playing well either.

for scoring a header, not his primary job on the team

I would say if you got MOTM it would be for your overall contribution in the 90 mins.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:20pm
Shane Duffy has been Ireland's best player for a long time along with Randolph 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I know but the recent comments on this thread are discussing his recent woeful club form, particularly after a series of comments a few months ago that the Scottish league would be too easy and non competitive for him 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:40pm
I'm reading a lot of comments saying he needs to be dropped for Ireland one of his replacements been O'Shea who has played one game. As has been mentioned by others, the less you play for Ireland the better you become. 

Coleman was written off with the clamour for Doherty to play, now he has finally gotten a run of games Coleman is back in flavour. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:52pm
I hope and expect Duffy to come out of this bad run of form but it is worrying from an irish point of view. I think the passing of his dad, has really rocked him.

Edited by aviva8 - 25 Oct 2020 at 7:56pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:56pm
It’s alarming that even Aberdeen today were letting him have the ball as he pleased and not bothering to press him 
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I hope and expect Duffy to come out of this bad run of form but it is worrying from an irish point of view. I think the passing of his dad, has really rocked him.

Hope this is what it is, and comes good again.. Part about his Da makes lots of sense. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:33pm

I mean other than the recent games under Kenny the last games we played were November last year and the last competitive game we actually won was June 2018 against Gibraltar, so when you say our "best player for a long time" it really is a low bar.

Duffy has been frozen out of the brighton team for a long time, and I dont think its unreasonable to suggest that his form is a worry.

Players set to start irelands next games -

Duffy- form has been very poor 
Hourihane- hasn't played football for villas last 4 games and counting 
Randolph - bench warmer for the foreseeable future 
Mccarthy - injury prone and hasnt played for a while 
Mcgoldrick- playing less and less for Sheffield Utd 

Couple that with -
Molumby - can't get into the match day squad 
Odowda - can't get a game for Bristol 
Horgan - either doesn't start or doesn't finish games for a shockingly bad wycombe team

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm

I'm reading a lot of comments saying he needs to be dropped for Ireland one of his replacements been O'Shea who has played one game. As has been mentioned by others, the less you play for Ireland the better you become. 

Coleman was written off with the clamour for Doherty to play, now he has finally gotten a run of games Coleman is back in flavour. 

does his form change depending on what teams shirt he has on?

If he becomes a liability for Celtic, which is happening, then there should definitely be a discussion whether he remains an automatic starter for Ireland

its not a phenomenon unique to us, Pickford has never put a foot wrong for England, yet is a liability for his club, and the questions are being asked
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 10:43pm

does his form change depending on what teams shirt he has on?

If he becomes a liability for Celtic, which is happening, then there should definitely be a discussion whether he remains an automatic starter for Ireland

its not a phenomenon unique to us, Pickford has never put a foot wrong for England, yet is a liability for his club, and the questions are being asked

Duffy plays well for ireland. Nothing else matters much until that stops happening. No point looking for problems when we have loads of problems we don’t need to look for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 157>
  Share Topic