You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 157>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:19pm
Scounthorpe is league one,that's not great really is it.
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Scounthorpe is league one,that's not great really is it.

not great was hoping he would get a good championship team.its only a 1 month loan to start.
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
League 1 is a step up from reserve football, at least.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:04pm
Word on the street it was meant to be Ipswich.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:14pm
only one month loan deal

he just tweeted it might be extended till January 

Edited by MintBerryCrunch - 31 Aug 2011 at 2:52pm
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 3:05pm
Good that he'll be getting much needed 1st team action but scounthorpe are in a bit of a mess at the moment and he'll be under serious pressure in that defence especially next saturday Wink
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 3:11pm
Possibility of an extension til january
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:06pm
I suppose S****hope is a step up from Everton..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
trapforpresident View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapforpresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
hope everything works out well for him ,trap was obviously watching him at the time of his injury for inclusion in euro2012 squads but hopefully brazil 2014 is still relisctic for him now. 
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:16pm

Duffy sticking by Republic call

By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Everton defender Shane Duffy insists there's no way he'll turn his back on the Republic of Ireland to throw in his lot with Northern Ireland.

The Derry native is having a busy week as he started in central defence for David Moyes' side in Monday's friendly against Bohemians in Dublin and then lined out for the Toffees reserves against West Brom yesterday.

Duffy hopes to seal a loan deal later this week so he can gain first team football.

He will be back in the Republic next month, for the opening game of the U21 European Championship qualifying campaign for Noel King's side, and the 19-year-old says there's no doubt about his international allegiance.

Recently the IFA have recruited former Northern Ireland star, Gerry Armstrong, to try and stem the tide of Northern-born players defecting to the Republic, an issue even more relevant given the recent decision of Sunderland's new signing, Derry man James McClean, to turn down a place in Northern Ireland’s squad and try his luck with the Republic.

But Duffy says any contact from Armstrong in his direction will be a wasted effort.

“People have their opinions but I have made my decision about who I want to play international football for and there's no doubt in my mind, not for one second,” says Duffy, who automatically qualifies for the Republic as his dad, Brian, is from Donegal.

“I don't want to upset people but I just want to play and so does James McClean.

“There's no point in the IFA trying to get me back, playing for the Republic is a decision I wanted to make since I was a kid. I've made that decision now and I'm delighted with it.

“I know there's even more debate about players switching from the North to the Republic since James said he wanted to play for the Republic.

“I know James and I'm delighted for him with the move to Sunderland and his decision to go with the Republic, hopefully he can get into the Sunderland team and then go on with the Republic's senior squad.”

Duffy, who has made two first-team appearances for Everton, showed what he can do in Monday's friendly against Bohemians but he accepts that he needs to go out on loan to get games.

“There are a few clubs interested at the moment so it's down to the manager and what he wants me to do but it looks like I'll be heading out on loan,” he added.

Belfast Telegraph
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

Duffy sticking by Republic call

By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Everton defender Shane Duffy insists there's no way he'll turn his back on the Republic of Ireland to throw in his lot with Northern Ireland.

The Derry native is having a busy week as he started in central defence for David Moyes' side in Monday's friendly against Bohemians in Dublin and then lined out for the Toffees reserves against West Brom yesterday.

Duffy hopes to seal a loan deal later this week so he can gain first team football.

He will be back in the Republic next month, for the opening game of the U21 European Championship qualifying campaign for Noel King's side, and the 19-year-old says there's no doubt about his international allegiance.

Recently the IFA have recruited former Northern Ireland star, Gerry Armstrong, to try and stem the tide of Northern-born players defecting to the Republic, an issue even more relevant given the recent decision of Sunderland's new signing, Derry man James McClean, to turn down a place in Northern Ireland’s squad and try his luck with the Republic.

But Duffy says any contact from Armstrong in his direction will be a wasted effort.

“People have their opinions but I have made my decision about who I want to play international football for and there's no doubt in my mind, not for one second,” says Duffy, who automatically qualifies for the Republic as his dad, Brian, is from Donegal.

“I don't want to upset people but I just want to play and so does James McClean.

“There's no point in the IFA trying to get me back, playing for the Republic is a decision I wanted to make since I was a kid. I've made that decision now and I'm delighted with it.

“I know there's even more debate about players switching from the North to the Republic since James said he wanted to play for the Republic.

“I know James and I'm delighted for him with the move to Sunderland and his decision to go with the Republic, hopefully he can get into the Sunderland team and then go on with the Republic's senior squad.”

Duffy, who has made two first-team appearances for Everton, showed what he can do in Monday's friendly against Bohemians but he accepts that he needs to go out on loan to get games.

“There are a few clubs interested at the moment so it's down to the manager and what he wants me to do but it looks like I'll be heading out on loan,” he added.

Belfast Telegraph
He is dead right, my only issue is he should be starting tonight
Say nothing till you hear more
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 2:36pm
Any of you Toffeemen or anyone else able to let us know how Shane is doing at scunny?

hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:21pm

by all accounts hes been doing brilliantly this seasonClap, one of their star man.

Whether that means hell return to everton and get game time remains to be seen
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

by all accounts hes been doing brilliantly this seasonClap, one of their star man.

Whether that means hell return to everton and get game time remains to be seen
Good stuff, heard his name mentioned earlier on radio sheffield(was listening to the blades game online) so had a check around some s****horpe fans sites but couldnt see much about him.
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 3:22pm
Shane Duffy back at Everton this week and back on the Everton bench for today.
Say nothing till you hear more
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:42pm
Came on for his debut for the last 30 mins against spurs tonight and did very well.

With Jagielka and distin both injured and everton having no money looks like shane could have a few games coming up
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:48pm
Was a mixed bag from him really made some good blocks and interceptions but not sure about his positioning which is expected since its his first time playing with Heitinga.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Came on for his debut for the last 30 mins against spurs tonight and did very well.

With Jagielka and distin both injured and everton having no money looks like shane could have a few games coming up
It's his Premier League debut, but he made his debut for Everton in a Europa League game in December 2009 against AEK Athens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 157>
  Share Topic