You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 157>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 6:50pm
Not been mentioned too much just to the disappointment in the result but Duffy comes good again for us.

He's scored in 

the 1-1 in Georgia in 2017 giving us a point
The first goal in the drubbing we got to Denmark 5-1 
Rescued a point in the 1-1 Denmark game in 2019 
Same with the Bulgaria game in 2020 and now the Azerbaijan game.

What a turnaround he's made in the last year and hes effectively the irish airforce as hes so good in the air.
Sponsored Links

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:56pm
Led by example again tonight only for himThumbs Up nice run of games coming up for him as well with Brighton too
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:57pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Led by example again tonight only for himThumbs Up nice run of games coming up for him as well with Brighton too

He's been very good. 

There were parts of the game where he was higher up the pitch than usual and had to track back. My god he's not blessed in the pace department.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:58pm
Great to see him play well again. For my money, himself and John Egan were our best performers over the 3 games. Two leaders and great to see them on form again. Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:42pm
Outstanding last ditch tackle there on Aubamayang. He was offside as it turned out but Duffy wasn't to know that.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Outstanding last ditch tackle there on Aubamayang. He was offside as it turned out but Duffy wasn't to know that.

Personally I had written him off during his celtic spell, suggested he'd struggle to get a championship club such were his performances.

But I'm eating massive chunks of humble pie and pleased to be doing so. I'd go as far as saying he playing his best stuff this year.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:38pm
He's in terrific form and Brighton were impressive again tonight. They should have won it. Arsenal were second best throughout.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:40pm
Yeah Duffy was very good again today. This season is definitely the best I've ever seen him play.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:04pm
Thought he was finished myself. Fair play to him. Proving the doubters wrong and long may it continue.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Personally I had written him off during his celtic spell, suggested he'd struggle to get a championship club such were his performances.

But I'm eating massive chunks of humble pie and pleased to be doing so. I'd go as far as saying he playing his best stuff this year.

I was the same and couldn't understand why Kenny bothered to play him in March and June but it has stood to him so Kenny deserves some credit here.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:12pm
Funny reading comments from Scottish football fans towards Duffy, questioning EPL standard when it's clear as day that.. 

A ) Duffy was having a personal crisis that deeply affected his football and

B) Celtic were (and still are) sh!te.

Say what you want, it's a substantially substandard league compared to EPL. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:08pm
A leader among men. Great to see. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 1:51am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

A leader among men. Great to see. 
👍
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 5:36am
He was very good and will probably be disappointed with himself that he didn't score.

His passing has improved compared to the last season or 2, and he seems to be quicker than before too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 4:09am

Spotted this analysis via one football

Bright at Brighton: The stats behind Shane Duffy’s perfect comeback to the Premier League via @OneFootball. Read it here:

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Spotted this analysis via one football

Bright at Brighton: The stats behind Shane Duffy’s perfect comeback to the Premier League via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Hes lost a few pounds and is much fitter.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 2:53pm
have to say i did not see this resurgence coming especially given potter seemed to really not like him. gotta give him credit, been excellent so far this year, long may it continue, cant be easy to rebound from a tough season/all the criticism from his time at celtic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 157>
  Share Topic