You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 157>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:45pm
Always worth doing a Twitter search for "Duffy" any night he's playing for Celtic. Some of the comments...
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:51pm
Calamity Shane
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Always worth doing a Twitter search for "Duffy" any night he's playing for Celtic. Some of the comments...
Saw one Celt saying he must be from Londonderry 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:08pm
What has gone wrong with him
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:16pm
Form/personal issues/playing in a team playing badly/playing in a setup that doesn't suit his strengths.

He needs to be taken out if the limelight for a while, both for club and country so that he can find some form and maybe try to get back to somewhere close to the level he was once playing at.

But, once again, it would be absolute madness for Kenny to continue to pick him in a setup that involves retaining possession and keeping the ball on the floor.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:45pm
Probably not going to be a popular opinion but I can't see Duffy getting over this fall in form. 

His strengths were never passing and possession football, fewer teams are playing defend in numbers and defend deep football. which suited Duffy.

The lower half of the SPL has teams with players at a league 1 or league 2 standard whe compared to the English league and these are the players hes struggling against.

Nottingham Forrest would be taking a potentially expensive risk if reports are seen to be true.

Cant see him making the ireland squad, let alone starting 11 at this point.

Collins, Egan, oshea, Clarke, Kevin Long,  must all be ahead of him now.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 11:11pm
Ronnie Deila said that when he took the Celtic job Van Dijk weighed104kg and when he left for Southampton he’d slimmed down to 95kg

Duffy looks a lot heavier than van Dijk ever did, he’d need to loose more than that 

The Neil Lennon effect 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Jan 2021 at 11:12pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Calamity Shane

He's performing very poorly for that Scottish club you love so much but I'd be hopeful most Irish national team supporters wouldn't insultingly refer to him in the same way you have above, irrespective of how he played. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ronnie Deila said that when he took the Celtic job Van Dijk weighed104kg and when he left for Southampton he’d slimmed down to 95kg

Duffy looks a lot heavier than van Dijk ever did, he’d need to loose more than that 

The Neil Lennon effect 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Calamity Shane

He's performing very poorly for that Scottish club you love so much but I'd be hopeful most Irish national team supporters wouldn't insultingly refer to him in the same way you have above, irrespective of how he played. 
Won't somebody please think of the children.LOL
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:28pm
Absolute garbage once more from Duffy
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:36pm

Absolute garbage once more from Duffy

Pity the two of you can't trade places and we might get more insightful debate around here.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:39pm
Duffy again lololololol
1-2

He is absolutely rancid, a turgid footballer
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:39pm
Had an absolute shocker for the second St Mirren goal according to the BBC 5 Live reporter.

O'Shea hooked after 23 minutes in the West Brom game. To be fair he was the victim of a tactical reshuffle.

Clark came on as a sub for Newcastle.

Would think Clark and Egan are the two in position at the moment for March.

Incidentally "Duffy" twitter has reached new levels of criticism. Hard to believe what has happened to him in the last 18 months.

Edited by You Tell Me - 30 Jan 2021 at 3:45pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:52pm

Hard to believe what has happened to him in the last 18 months.

Hard to believe he made it as a pro footballer

Neve give up on your dreams folks , u might bluff and fluke it in the end
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:57pm
for me Clark should be playing for us more expierenced than any of them and played at highs longer than any of them aswell 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:10pm

Hard to believe what has happened to him in the last 18 months.

Hard to believe he made it as a pro footballer

Neve give up on your dreams folks , u might bluff and fluke it in the end

This is very simple Duffy was successful in a Chris Hughton team where they played deep and it made him and Duffy look top notch. Same for Ireland. 

Under Potter and Kenny they try to play with the ball and pass it. He’s been exposed he can’t play that style. 
Celtic this has been showcased most wildly as Celtic dominate against most teams by default. They play high up. 

He’s been exposed and basically in that scenario that’s what he is League 1 or League 2 player. 

Did I think he’d be as bad as he has been? No I didn’t I won’t lie. He also has had a rough time privately by all accounts.

Not to say he wouldn’t be an asset in a certain type of team. I think he’d be fine playing for Palace or Burnley if he went there for example. 

Reality is if Kenny wants to lay down any sort of foundation for the future then Duffy needs to be on the bench simple as. Egan Clark O’Shea,Collins I’d even play Coleman CB before I’d play Duffy. 

I wouldn’t kick him out the squad as he’s been an asset to us deserves a squad place for the moment. Football didn’t start in October. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:15pm
So how does a massive club like Celtic not figure out that he wouldn't suit their style, I mean it's hardly rocket science if armchair pundits like me can figure it out ffs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 157>
  Share Topic