You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

The game finished 0-0. I can be fairly certain it wasn’t one of the worst centre half performances you could see. Celtic have been shocking all season but they can’t blame every single game on Duffy. 

So you didnt watch the game and now your on here to correct what I watched.

Come back to me after you watch it. He was an abomination. He gave the ball away virtually every time he had it.
I didn’t watch the game but why did you say it was one of the worst centre half performances that you would see? He’s terrible on the ball and everyone knows that but worst centre half performance that ended with a clean sheet? Cop yourself on with the exaggerations
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

what a clown you are, jumping on the bandwagon calling out players bo doubt ya rarely watch football if you think the worst defensive performance you've seen and they didnt concede,  another attention seeking clueless fool

Enjoy a week off for personal abuse 👍
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:48pm

The game finished 0-0. I can be fairly certain it wasn’t one of the worst centre half performances you could see. Celtic have been shocking all season but they can’t blame every single game on Duffy. 

Come back to me after you watch it. He was an abomination. He gave the ball away virtually every time he had it.
I didn’t watch the game but why did you say it was one of the worst centre half performances that you would see? He’s terrible on the ball and everyone knows that but worst centre half performance that ended with a clean sheet? Cop yourself on with the exaggerations

Right, you didnt watch it and are trying to correct what I and many others witnessed today.

Thank you though for your opinion on a performance you didnt watch. You've educated me, I shouldn't bother watching games to formulate opinions anymore. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:51pm

Right, you didnt watch it and are trying to correct what I and many others witnessed today.

Thank you though for your opinion on a performance you didnt watch. You've educated me, I shouldn't bother watching games to formulate opinions anymore. 
If your forming opinions like that then it’s probably better off that you don’t watch football anyway. Imagine if he scored an own goal or they even lost the gameLOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:12pm
I watched the full 90 mins - it was a complete non eventful game.

Duffy didn't do a whole lot and wasn't really involved in the game. He did have a couple of sloppy tackles/challenges in the box but overall his performance was a bit meh, just like the rest of the Celtic players.

One thing that I have noticed is that he has cut the long balls out of the game. All his passes now are short to a midfielder, (a Celtic one!)

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:16pm
I read a stat at half time that said his pass completion was like 37 percent, in a game where Celtic had the lions share of possession. Not sure when you saw him pass it to the midfielders because it didnt happen too often from what I saw!

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:20pm

I read a stat at half time that said his pass completion was like 37 percent, in a game where Celtic had the lions share of possession. Not sure when you saw him pass it to the midfielders because it didnt happen too often from what I saw!

I read that on Twitter not sure who credible his info is. - where is he getting his info from?

Celtic fans have been ranting and raving about anything and everything in fairness.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I read that on Twitter not sure who credible his info is. - where is he getting his info from?

Celtic fans have been ranting and raving about anything and everything in fairness.

He is decent, he covers Celtic for the Athletic.

Edited by E2016 - 16 Jan 2021 at 6:22pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:23pm
He is obviously struggling mentally and joining a Celtic team sailing for disaster wasn't going to help him.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He is obviously struggling mentally and joining a Celtic team sailing for disaster wasn't going to help him.

Absolutely,  but his form is in such a tailspin now that it is a long, long way back for him to what he was 2/3 seasons ago. He is not getting any younger and a relegation battle with Forest (if that ends up being a way out for him this season) is going to involve plenty of pressure too.

From a purely Irish perspective, we cannot afford to be playing him when in this form. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:39pm
Celtic have blamed Duffy, Lennon, the board, Dubai, nearly every single player so far this season. At least they are letting Stephen Kenny off but I’m sure they probably already blamed him for taking Duff away.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:53pm

Celtic have blamed Duffy, Lennon, the board, Dubai, nearly every single player so far this season. At least they are letting Stephen Kenny off but I’m sure they probably already blamed him for taking Duff away.
It is the board. 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:56pm

Absolutely,  but his form is in such a tailspin now that it is a long, long way back for him to what he was 2/3 seasons ago. He is not getting any younger and a relegation battle with Forest (if that ends up being a way out for him this season) is going to involve plenty of pressure too.

From a purely Irish perspective, we cannot afford to be playing him when in this form. 
Just aswell we have no need for him till March eh .........
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:09pm
March is fast approaching and this is a key decision for Kenny.
Love Duffy but if the form is still as bad as all that, and Kenny has better options (O'Shea, Egan, Clarke...all PL regulars and playing reasonably well) for the centre two, yet picks Shane out in Belgrade, that's a big worry.

Edited by Fozz - 16 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm

It is the board. 

It starts with the board alright but the problems in no way end there.

I don't think the Duffy situation is a key decision. Its barely a decision. I don't have a huge amount of faith in Kenny based on what I have seen so far but with three other centre backs playing regularly to a decent standard in the Premier League it would be asking for trouble for an already under pressure manager to select Duffy in his current form.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
WHO ATE ALL THE  PIES? 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:45pm
Having another mare. Losing to Livingston.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:22pm
He's not a footballer , he must've won a competition or something
A fraudster
The Frank Abignale of Football

Edited by tonyjaa - 20 Jan 2021 at 9:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 157>
  Share Topic