You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 157>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:15pm
Duffy was so bad in the Scottish Cup final today it had to be seen to be believed. Cannot start in March for us on this form, even leaving aside that he doesn't suit our style of play anyway, we just cannot carry him in this form just for his attacking set piece threat.

Subbed off now in extra time.

Lennon surely done now regardless of how this ends up. Extra time against a lower league team.

I think we can safely leave Conor Hazard to the north as well.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:23pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:24pm
Yer man Paul Nealon said he was back to his best
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yer man Paul Nealon said he was back to his best

He did alright - he did have a calamitous moment when he and Julian and went for the same ball, and a lack of communication meant that they lost it and the Hearts played had a 1 on 1 with Hazard.

Make a number of important defensive challenges.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:30pm
Looks like he will have a winners medal. Good stuff anyway. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

Absolutely lost at sea against a lower league Scottish team but laugh away. You must hate Irish football, you were laughing at Connolly's miss earlier as well.

Pathetic.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Duffy was so bad in the Scottish Cup final today it had to be seen to be believed. Cannot start in March for us on this form, even leaving aside that he doesn't suit our style of play anyway, we just cannot carry him in this form just for his attacking set piece threat.

Lennon surely done now regardless of how this ends up. Extra time against a lower league team.

Had a bad mix up with Jullien, but had no part in either goal. I think you might be taking a large chunk or artistic licence in your criticism.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:38pm
ffs....3-3

AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

Had a bad mix up with Jullien, but had no part in either goal. I think you might be taking a large chunk or artistic licence in your criticism.

Was 100% at fault for one of the goals. Stuck to the ground as the attacker slipped in behind him.

The fact that Celtic are utter sh*te doesn't excuse Duffy here.

Another howler from Hazard for the third Hearts goal as well.

Edited by You Tell Me - 20 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm

LOL

Absolutely lost at sea against a lower league Scottish team but laugh away. You must hate Irish football, you were laughing at Connolly's miss earlier as well.

Pathetic.

LOL
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:47pm

Was 100% at fault for one of the goals. Stuck to the ground as the attacker slipped in behind him.

He really wasn't, you are just looking for problems I would say because that is what you want to see
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:50pm

He really wasn't, you are just looking for problems I would say because that is what you want to see

When Duffy was getting MOTM performances, he was still slaughtering him, he hasn't a clue about football.

Every game Duffy plays, he pops in here with exaggerated negative drivel.

Just laugh at him and ignore him.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:02pm
I dont think Duffy has done 'much' wrong... but I dont think he's made Celtic a better defensive unit either.

You could argue the whole team have been poor but you would certainly need to include Duffy in that assessment.

Egan, oshea, Clark and Collins all now ahead of him for me.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:05pm

When Duffy was getting MOTM performances, he was still slaughtering him, he hasn't a clue about football.

Every game Duffy plays, he pops in here with exaggerated negative drivel.

Just laugh at him and ignore him.

Anyone who thinks Duffy is doing well in Scotland is deluded I'm afraid. I'd like nothing more than to see him back to his best but it's not happening for him at the moment and we have to judge him on current form with the qualifiers coming up.

But feel free to pile on with the smiley faces and put downs if it makes you feel better mate.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:14pm
Quadruple treble will be what is remembered about today. Unbelievable achievement that will never be equalled. Congrats to Duffy and all the medal winners, including the legend Brown, and in particular to young Hazard for those crucial penalty saves. Lenny the hero at the helm yet again.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:19pm
Duffy was ok today.  He certainly wasnt near as bad as your making out and he wasn't at fault for either of the goals.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:32pm

LOL that’s some pony
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Duffy was ok today.  He certainly wasnt near as bad as your making out and he wasn't at fault for either of the goals.

He went to Celtic to win a trophy and he has done that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 157>
  Share Topic