Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

celtic continuing to show duffy was not the problem since they have dropped him

They were awful again, but Duffy has been absolutely shambolic since he signed, no two ways about it, unfortunately.
No player should be singled out for this. There is absolutely no tactics being employed whatsoever and that uncertainty for individuals leads to them making mistakes that are made easier to punish. Bitton, Jullien, Ajer, Frimpong and Elhamed have all made appalling defensive errors that have cost Celtic this season, which means they are either all completely inept or mismanaged. 
Duffy's mistakes have been more embarrassing on an individual level, but the cause and effect is the same.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 9:20am
Celtic will end Duffy's loan spell early. He will go back to Brighton in December\January.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:30pm
Not in the squad tonight,  anyone know why?celtic defence shocking once again
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:31pm
knee injured
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Celtic will end Duffy's loan spell early. He will go back to Brighton in December\January.

Confirmed that he will be staying at Celtic for the rest of the season.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Confirmed that he will be staying at Celtic for the rest of the season.

If I'm being cynical I would say some additional salary terms were negotiated with Brighton to keep him at Celtic for the rest of the season. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:18pm
Brighton won the race to not sign Duffy for the second half of the season by the sounds of it.

Good bit of business for them in fairness. Celtic down about £4 million between loan fee and wages for a temporary signing. The only down side for Brighton is that his performances with Celtic will have hammered his sell on value this summer.

Will be in the Championship next year I suspect.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:31pm
Not good here last ten minutes 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who, duffy?
He been solid tonight so far
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:35pm
Getting slaughtered by the Celtic support again tonight. Must be  particularly tough for him as a Celtic supporter seeing the loan move turn out the way it has.

I don't see how we can consider starting him in March if his form doesn't turn around before then.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who, duffy?
He been solid tonight so far

Yeah, he’d no need to foul the fella running towards the corner flag for the free kick that led to the goal
He was booked and then lost a ball in the air and handled it minutes later

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Dec 2020 at 9:36pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:38pm
Tried to chest down a ball there under no real pressure. Walloped it with his arm instead.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Getting slaughtered by the Celtic support again tonight. Must be  particularly tough for him as a Celtic supporter seeing the loan move turn out the way it has.

I don't see how we can consider starting him in March if his form doesn't turn around before the

Watch the game tonight.  He been solid, bit late with a tackle which led to a goal but the celtic fans have made their mind up on him and their going to blame him for any little thing. Pathetic really
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I don't see how we can consider starting him in March if his form doesn't turn around before the

Watch the game tonight.  He been solid, bit late with a tackle which led to a goal but the celtic fans have made their mind up on him and their going to blame him for any little thing. Pathetic really

I think you're right to a point. He'll forever be associated with the disaster of a season they're having, probably blowing their 10 in a row. But it's worrying how far he has gone backwards in the last two years all the same. We're talking about a guy who was player of the year for his club in the Premier League not too long ago. We were very reliant on him for a few years as well but he looks like a liability we can't afford these days, especially as we are intent on playing out from the back. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 4:39pm
Scores a fairly textbook Shane Duffy goal today against Kilmarnock. Corner. Header. Was involved in another goal also but it will probably go down as an OG.

Unfortunately his ball playing in possession has been poor again, I don't think that will ever change. Hasn't really had any defending to do.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 5:33pm
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1463213/LiveStatistics/Scotland-Premiership-2020-2021-Celtic-Kilmarnock

He scored an excellent header and he’s passing was nowhere near as bad as you make out, your heavy criticism is expected, albeit exaggerated.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 6:01pm

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1463213/LiveStatistics/Scotland-Premiership-2020-2021-Celtic-Kilmarnock

He scored an excellent header and he’s passing was nowhere near as bad as you make out, your heavy criticism is expected, albeit exaggerated.

Bullet header from the Duffer and overall he had a cracking game.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:00pm

Edited by Double Maxim - 13 Dec 2020 at 7:05pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 157>
  Share Topic