You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:21pm
I'd have long and Egan ahead of him
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:21pm
He can't be first team anymore, he passed the ball more to the opposition then to a green shirt. 

Egan, oshea, Long all ahead of him.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He can't be first team anymore, he passed the ball more to the opposition then to a green shirt. 

Egan, oshea, Long all ahead of him.

So did Knight, and he was doing it against England too.

Duffy played well against Wales, but after tonight's performances he should be worried.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:29pm
He looks to be running on empty at the moment - lots of football to be played between now and March so here hoping he gets back some form and confidence - a break from celtic starting XI might help as he’s played a hell of lot of games since September under a lot of strain on/off the pitch.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:33pm
The fellas confidence must be shot. Not too long ago he was a mainstay in central defence of an EPL club. Now surplus to requirements there, a move to Celtic had been awful for him. For people who don't follow Scottish football closely, it's in the media morning, noon and night. His every move is scrutinised to the nth degree. His performances for Celtic have mirrored his Irish displays. I think the recent family bereavement has had a huge impact on him. Even at his best he would struggle playing for teams who play out from the back. He is an old style head it and kick it centre half, great to have in the trenches but a fish out of water in the type of football in vogue at the moment.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:52pm
can’t see Kenny having the balls to drop him.i know he’s having a bad time of it lately but tonight really showed his lack of ability on the ball.he had plenty of time,nobody from the opposite team near him and he’d options to pass to and he still passes to the Bulgarian player or leaves the pass short.shocking.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:58pm
Bulgaria are a poor team and we didn't play well, 

We had 4 first team players in the team tonight and they were the 4 worst players on the pitch.

Kenny made mistakes but there is no excuse with how Randolph, Duffy, Brady and hourihane played

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:02pm
Not sure why or how he could be criticised in anyway tonight. He made one literal goal saving tackle. Apart from that he marshalled the back 4 well. He's not Maldini. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Not sure why or how he could be criticised in anyway tonight. He made one literal goal saving tackle. Apart from that he marshalled the back 4 well. He's not Maldini. 

He’s wasteful in possession, it is no longer good enough to just defend! Centre backs need to be setting the tempo from the back and keeping possession instead Duffy wasted possession on numerous occasions putting us under pressure. Frustrating to watch and I hope we see O’Shea replace him soon who is far more comfortable on the ball.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:10pm

+1

why all the talk about him tonight?

Kept a clean sheet, did his job

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:11pm

He made a good recovery tackle when his marking was poor.
Its his ability to play a high line and his passing is limited 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
Edit - wrong thread 

Edited by wanderer - 18 Nov 2020 at 11:13pm
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:15pm
Take away his height and he wouldnt be in the squad.

Long and Egan would be a good pair, with oshea as back up. Maybe duffy afterwards
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:58am
O'Shea should be the starting in March, he wont though unless Duffy breaks a leg

Edited by RKeane - 19 Nov 2020 at 12:59am
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:10am
I think long and Egan looked far more composed. 
He's good at the last ditch stuff but I think we would be  best served with long and Egan, Duffy an accident waiting to happen 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:11am
Loyalty is an admirable quality but I do hope Kenny picks the best 11 to suit how he wants to play. 

I struggle to see how Duffy will make it long term. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:28am
Its funny.  When Kenny was about to take over from Mick I was thinking Duffy could be banished here as he cant pass out form the back well and is a disaster in high lines.

Yet Kenny seems to have made it 100% clear that Duffy is his man and will be forever in the team.

I am a believer in playing good football.  I have never beena  fan of the defenders taking the ball off the goalkeepers on the 6 yard line a la Barca 2011.   Think its a suicidal tactic and dont know why copycat coaches are doing it.  I presume its to drsw the opposition in the create room behind them and exploit it but Duffy on the ball just makes me sh*t myself.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:13pm
Still on the bench after the international break for Celtic I see... If that doesn't scream that a player if off form I don't know what does. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 157>
  Share Topic