You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:59pm
Getting abuse again on twitter, some lads even blaming him for the two goals celtic conceded🤷‍♂️
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:02pm
I'd love to see him doing better, back to his best when he won player of the season at an EPL club. It's hard to believe that was only two years ago, but his game seems to have gone to pieces since then.

Hopefully he can improve but he is starting to look like a player from a different era who isn't equipped to play modern day top level football. That he's even struggling in the SPL speaks volumes sadly.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Duffy may have given away a penalty but had a decent game I thought. Foul for pen was outside box so should have been a free.
He was defending on the edge of his box most of the game as opposed to the half way line which helps him, but overall he was good. Got a few important blocks and headers in

Duffy played better as the game when on and took some responsibility when Ajer and Brown went off.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:11pm
I just seen the two goals and I dont think he was at fault for any of them.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:56pm
Did lot better than previous few weeks that's for sure. Couldn't be blamed for either goal, and pen, while clumsy was way outside the box. Did OK overall.

Hopefully gets back to his best soon. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I'd say your delighted?

He’s only speaking the truth, shall we not report on players making mistakes anymore?

Only positives from here on in lads.

If Duffy had a good game would he come on and comment?

Some posters rejoice at Ireland players under performing or playing badly.
Your quick to talk the young bucks down yourself .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:15pm

I'd say your delighted?

He’s only speaking the truth, shall we not report on players making mistakes anymore?

By the same token many posters can't seem to differentiate between justified criticism that's warranted and having their green tainted specs on.

You get dismissed as "not being a fan" if you dare question a fans favourite amongst a certain element of our support. 

The simple fact is, Duffy is going through a bad spell and posters are right to call him out on it. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:53pm
Where's the O Shea to put the green tinted gloss on this? Release him!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

I'd say your delighted?

Like who?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:40pm
whatever about his last few performances, duffy seemed ok tonight. it looked like a more comfortable style for him, a bit like how he had to defend for brighton
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:44pm
He has been very very poor for Celtic so far
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Or Celtic have been very very poor? All on Duffy?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:39am

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Or Celtic have been very very poor? All on Duffy?
Of course not. He is only responsible for his own performance. He has made some remarkable errors for a player many on here thought was too good for Celtic and the SPL. Hopefully his performances improve or he will find himself warming the bench against opposition like Hamilton Accies 
123kid View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:44am

I'd say your delighted?

Like who?

Young Doherty
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:09am
Don't remember that.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:00am
He's probably our best defender but he's pretty sh*te in the grand scheme of things. They did a section on him called "Scruffy Duffy" on Virgin yesterday showing his calamitous play during the first half of the Celtic game yesterday. I don't know if he's always been like this but in the Kenny/Celtic way of playing he just looks awkward as f*ck. He hoofed the ball a way a couple of times yesterday and no one really wants to see that nowadays. 
This might be a bad patch or he might be getting totally found out as someone who can't play any ball at all, due to the systems he's been asked to play in. But he'll probably do ok for Ireland most of the time, it's not like we have much choice. I don't think he'll be able to warrant a starting place for Celtic though if he keeps f*cking up. 
Garngad View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garngad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:06am
i would think once Ajer & Jullien are fit he'll be on the bench, Celtic have a gem in the boy Laxalt hopefully that loan is made pernament!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:26am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

He's probably our best defender but he's pretty sh*te in the grand scheme of things. They did a section on him called "Scruffy Duffy" on Virgin yesterday showing his calamitous play during the first half of the Celtic game yesterday. I don't know if he's always been like this but in the Kenny/Celtic way of playing he just looks awkward as f*ck. He hoofed the ball a way a couple of times yesterday and no one really wants to see that nowadays. 
This might be a bad patch or he might be getting totally found out as someone who can't play any ball at all, due to the systems he's been asked to play in. But he'll probably do ok for Ireland most of the time, it's not like we have much choice. I don't think he'll be able to warrant a starting place for Celtic though if he keeps f*cking up. 

Bit OTT there tbh, in terms of defending he's actually fairly competent which is what you should be primarily judging a defender on.

It's just that in the modern defenders are expected to have far more in their locker i.e. passing range, be both footed, being comfortable on the ball, attack minded etc which obviously doesn't play to his strengths. 

In regard to Ireland, I have made the point countless times that given our past ultra defensive and unimaginative brand of football those who played in defensive positions who also happened to be poor on the ball would be protected and somewhat lauded in that sort of set up.

Duffy to his credit thrived, but in truth as soon as you remove the shackles and become more expansive the likes of Duffy will get exposed. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 157>
  Share Topic