You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:53pm
Looks like a move to West Brom. Talks underway 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:31am
I think he should be aiming a bit higher than West Brom. Burnley possibly selling Tarkowski, he should maybe bide his time for now.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Looks like a move to West Brom. Talks underway 

The article I read played it down a bit. Said there's been no bid and that he is merely one of several defenders he are interested in.

We all rate Shane pretty highly, and I'm sure he will get a move sooner rather than later, but I don't think he has as many teams after him as people seemed to think.

West Brom will probably be the worst team in the division next season and he is just an option for them, not someone they have their hearts set on. I think that's a bit of a wake up call.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 7:21am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think he should be aiming a bit higher than West Brom. Burnley possibly selling Tarkowski, he should maybe bide his time for now.

I think West Brom would be a good move for him
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 7:27am

You have to assume all the clubs interested in him would have contacted his agent by now.
Clubs know he is available, they know what he can and can’t do.

Any chance to play regularly in the EPL is a good move. 

Burnley may sell Tarkowski but use that money for a striker.
They have Long and Dundalks finest Dunne waiting to step up.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

A bit tough maybe, YTM? The same comment could be applied to a Sheffield United signing pre 19/20 season or Wolves pre 18/19. Duffy may be special to us Irish but to the less conflicted he's a Brighton cast-off. That's not a great job reference. 

He's hardly a "Brighton cast off". He was one of their key players for 2 years, but now a new manager has come in and decided that he doesn't suit his style. This is not someone who has been languishing in the reserves for a few years.
We're decent enough..
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 7:34am
Would love to see him at Celtic but there's no chance of that happening. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:12am
Any prem move where he is going to play is a good move. He could end up on the bench for season at Brighton and end up having to go championship on loan for second half of the season otherwise.

Think west brom would suit him, or any team who plays a more simplistic/non expansive system. Brighton are obviously looking to push on and play a more possession based game so that doesn't suit Duffy. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Would love to see him at Celtic but there's no chance of that happening. 

Unless Celtic are prepared to break their budget and throw 50k a week his way they'd be as well to forget about him and focus on signing another plodder from around Europe to compete with the two they already have at centre back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:47am
Duffy is your old school central defender, big, strong and great in the air. Fierce in the tackle and would use his face to block a shot. 

Hes been a perfect fit for ireland under O'Neil and mccarthy as we played deep and in numbers.

Its well documented that the ball to feet and passing game is not going to play to his strengths.

A move to West brom would be ideal for him, he is definitely premier league quality and would be ideal for a team looking to stay up. 

He'll be fantastic on corners at both ends and will get a few goals too.

I do wonder if he'll be able to do what kenny would like his defence to do.i feel Egan and clark would be fine and may be the ireland starters

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Duffy is your old school central defender, big, strong and great in the air. Fierce in the tackle and would use his face to block a shot. 

Hes been a perfect fit for ireland under O'Neil and mccarthy as we played deep and in numbers.

Its well documented that the ball to feet and passing game is not going to play to his strengths.

A move to West brom would be ideal for him, he is definitely premier league quality and would be ideal for a team looking to stay up. 

I do wonder if he'll be able to do what kenny would like his defence to do.i feel Egan and clark would be fine and may be the ireland starters

I wonder will he fit into Kenny's plan.  He isn't a ball playing defender.   Although Kenny is on record of saying we have one of the best back 4's in Europe
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I wonder will he fit into Kenny's plan.  He isn't a ball playing defender.   Although Kenny is on record of saying we have one of the best back 4's in Europe

Brian Gartland fitted into Kenny's plan. I think Duffy will be ok.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'd take anything Kenny says with a grain of salt (at this early point in his Irish tenure). He's known as an exceptional man manager, so it's not surprising some of the things he's come out with. 

I would not use the last 5 years as any precedence for who may or may not start. Everyone has their weakness/strengths, and Kenny will decide whether a deficiency in one aspect is justified by something else they bring to the team.....most importantly....in his system.

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 8:53pm
Serious talk of him moving to celtic on a year long loan, seems to want the move also. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:30pm
I'll believe it when it happens. Brighton would have to contribute a fair chunk of his wages but why would they bother when they could just cash in.

If Celtic are looking for an Irish centre back they should maybe consider Kevin Long, would be more in their price range.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Serious talk of him moving to celtic on a year long loan, seems to want the move also. 
where you see this ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

where you see this ?

There’s some bullsh*te forums throwing every name in the sun out, McCarthy also being touted as an imminent signing, that’ll tell you the level of credibility here.

Having watched Celtic yesterday, I still cant believe the Huns are 7/4 to win the league, even though I’m a Celtic fan, I think the board haven’t backed yes-man Lennon, in probably their most important season in years, where Rangers have strengthened and have all round strength in depth. I’d be taking that 7/4 fairly quickly
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:01pm
Was thinking that as just saw Duffy on the lash in a pub full of Celtic fans all singing his praises, 1+1 = 5 is my guess
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 157>
  Share Topic