You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:38am
Burnley have Kevin Long and Jimmy Dunne waiting for their chance when Mee or Tarkowski are unavailable. The latter may be bought by a bigger club but I would not like to see three Irish defenders competing as back-ups. Duffy is a Premiership player in my opinion and should get a club where he will start games and play every week. Quite a few spring to mind but one I haven't seen mentioned is Arsenal. I think he'd do well there-they have a lot of hanky ball players and would benefit from a bit of steel at the back, which they have been sorely missing.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:54am
Jimmy Dunne will be heading out on loan again, was only sitting on the bench for the last few weeks because Burnley literally ran out of players. He's League 1 material at best.

Absolutely not a chance of Duffy going to Arsenal or any club with genuine Champions league ambitions. He's a great player for Ireland but the reality is his level is a team fighting to stay in the league.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:00am
Could easily see Duffy at West Brom, he's a marked improvement on Hegazi/Ajayi while being in the same mould as a defender.
We're decent enough..
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Burnley have Kevin Long and Jimmy Dunne waiting for their chance when Mee or Tarkowski are unavailable. The latter may be bought by a bigger club but I would not like to see three Irish defenders competing as back-ups. Duffy is a Premiership player in my opinion and should get a club where he will start games and play every week. Quite a few spring to mind but one I haven't seen mentioned is Arsenal. I think he'd do well there-they have a lot of hanky ball players and would benefit from a bit of steel at the back, which they have been sorely missing.

Not forgetting Ben Gibson also at Burnley but he will be shipped out as soon as the club can get rid of him .
Yep I see it with Duffy at the Turf also a real fit if there ever was one . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Somewhere like Leeds United would be excellent for Duffy. 

One of the most ill-informed posts I've ever seen on YBIG and that's a pretty low bar. Duffy would have zero chance of getting a game at Leeds. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 30 Jul 2020 at 10:57am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:01am
It's a funny one, a player like Duffy would probably help Leeds stay up next season, but as you say, not Bielsa's type of defender at all.
We're decent enough..
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:02am
There would be plenty of Premier clubs interested if the price was right
It would damage this forums' reputation
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

There would be plenty of Premier clubs interested if the price was right

I doubt his price tag or wages would be a problem for a premier league club.
Brighton want to offload and £40k a week in the epl is at the bottom of the scale.

He won’t interest the top 6 clubs or Managers/ teams that like playing out from the back (Leeds, Brighton etc) but there is a good few clubs that should be looking at him.

West Ham/ Palace is an obvious choice.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I think Duffy would benefit from a move at a club like Burnley - Competition, leaders either side of him, not a over-expectant way of playing as a defender, and more importantly, they're very short on numbers as of typing. 
Shane Duffy would be the Burnliest Burnley player ever

Edited by sid waddell - 30 Jul 2020 at 11:14am
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
duffy finished at Brighton. Think villa, West Brom, Newcastle, palace, Burnley, would be a good fit for him.

Personally think Marco potter is a spoofer and they will be relegated next year. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:00pm
Newcastle under Bruce Palace or Burnley are the 3 really aren’t they. Well documented Newcastle aren’t chuffed with their CBS atm so maybe Newcastle. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I think Duffy would benefit from a move at a club like Burnley - Competition, leaders either side of him, not a over-expectant way of playing as a defender, and more importantly, they're very short on numbers as of typing. 
Shane Duffy would be the Burnliest Burnley player ever

Burnley would be ideal really - good chance Tarkowski leaves this summer and he'd be a pretty good direct replacement.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:04pm

Is there another outfield footballer who looks more like a rugby player than Tarkowski? 
El Puto Amo
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Is there another outfield footballer who looks more like a rugby player than Tarkowski? 
Obafemi
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It would be absolutely criminal if Duffy was playing Championship football next year. More than good enough for most PL sides and decent ones like West Ham Crystal Palace or Everton should be all over him.

agree, he has to be in the premier league (or another top flight league), too good for championship imo. however id rather he play every week for a promotion-chasing championship team as opposed to continuing to play sporadically at brighton
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:22pm
I doubt he would go to Palace. He's been at Brighton for years and if there are any other options aside from Palace, why choose your existing club's biggest rival? You'd have to put up with all sorts of sh*t every time the two clubs meet.

Also, I think Palace could be in trouble next season. They ended this season appallingly.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I doubt he would go to Palace. He's been at Brighton for years and if there are any other options aside from Palace, why choose your existing club's biggest rival? You'd have to put up with all sorts of sh*t every time the two clubs meet.

Also, I think Palace could be in trouble next season. They ended this season appallingly.

I don't know if he would baulk at that at all tbh. Would it not give him incentive to prove a point to Potter and he took some heat off the Brighton crowd for paying tribute to Martin McGuinness with reference to the Brighton bomb. I doubt he's the most popular at Brighton. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he did take an offer from Palace tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Newcastle under Bruce Palace or Burnley are the 3 really aren’t they. Well documented Newcastle aren’t chuffed with their CBS atm so maybe Newcastle. 

Saudis have pulled out of the Newcastle deal so migh tbe an option. Him and Clark together would be interesting.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 157>
  Share Topic