You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:15pm
Think duffy is a good sturdy old school center back, and would be a very useful asset paired with a more ball playing centre back.
Sponsored Links

Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:48pm
Let's just see how the last few games go for him, If he can contribute to Brighton staying up. He's had an awful run of games recently so now is a big test for him
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

If he was 5'10 he wouldnt be a footballer.

And if Lionel Messi was 6"5 he wouldn't be the best player in the world

agreed. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:15pm
I would Play Egan and Clark at the center with Coleman and Cunningham on the flanks.... Doherty Brady hendrick McCarthy and odowda ....and long
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

I would Play Egan and Clark at the center with Coleman and Cunningham on the flanks.... Doherty Brady hendrick McCarthy and odowda ....and long

So you wouldn't play our best centre half? Jaysis...there is always one
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:00pm
Cunningham who can't make the bench for Cardiff and McCarthy who hasn't kicked a ball in years. Lay off the glue Javier! 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:05pm
Duffy is alright but we need playing from the back ....unless he plays ....as libero.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:11pm
LOL
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:51pm
duffy and Christie in central midfield
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

duffy and Christie in central midfield

therefore.... Clark and Egan Coleman on the right and / cunningham/ stevens/ williams on the left.

Darragh Lenihan will take over Glenn Whelans role as holding mid.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Hans you are one miserable ****! Sick of listening to you bring doom and gloom to practically every single thread.

Your level of negativity on here is tedious and at times insufferable.

Shane Duffy could easily be playing for a top 8 Premier League side, he is a proven leader and solid top flight player. Brighton have hit a sticky patch and suddenly he's a Championship level player. A bit of intelligent perspective please Wacko

LOL

Apologies Shane. You are indeed the greatest CB I've ever seen play the game. Baresi et al eat your heart out. There is one more to add to the list Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:34pm
LOL
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:17pm
He doesn't need to be Franco Baresi. He's this team's Richard Dunne.

He'll lead the defence, win headers, put in tackles, throw himself in the way of shots and score from set pieces.

He'll play better in a green shirt, than a club one, and when he retires, he will do so as an Ireland legend.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

He'll lead the defence, win headers, put in tackles, throw himself in the way of shots and score from set pieces.

He'll play better in a green shirt, than a club one, and when he retires, he will do so as an Ireland legend.
it seems some want Duffy to be the next Tony Galvin or Kevin Sheedy they are both football legends...got some medals at club level...but dont know how many times they both played together....the team had room for only one then....Tony Galvin.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 19 Apr 2019 at 12:28am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:31am
Shane Duffy is not the next Richie Dunne Different kind of defender. the other Irish legend that Duffy could be similar for the way he plays is John Anderson. Duffy and Anderson are really the same kind of defender.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 19 Apr 2019 at 12:43am
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Ireland legend. F*cking hell.

Seriously lads. The Verve sang it best.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:43am
Richard Dunne > Shane Duffy
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:51am
Duffy is nowhere near good enough for a top 8 epl side ffs LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 157>
  Share Topic