FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 157>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 12:01am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

He's is absoloutley muck on the ball. Should be nowhere near the starting team with the players we have there now

Who are you on about?

Duffy. He's an old school centre half. Car crash waiting to happen when he starts trying to pass the ball. First game of the season he was nervous on the ball and Delap stole in and scored. 
FFS who do you think we have in his place baresi and nesta!

Collins, Egan and OShea who are much better all round players who are comfortable on the ball and playing a level above Duffy.

Hes a solid player and should be back in the squad, but I wouldn't be starting him.
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 11:55pm

He's is absoloutley muck on the ball. Should be nowhere near the starting team with the players we have there now

Who are you on about?

Duffy. He's an old school centre half. Car crash waiting to happen when he starts trying to pass the ball. First game of the season he was nervous on the ball and Delap stole in and scored. 
FFS who do you think we have in his place baresi and nesta!

Edited by King_Kenny - 26 Aug 2023 at 11:55pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 11:31pm

Who are you on about?

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

He's one of the best centre backs we've ever had. Got himself back playing regularly, one of the first names on the team sheet for France 

I love Duffy but f**k me he’s back playing for Norwich a wet week again. As for his overall career let’s chill out before comparing him to Paul McGrath etc. 

I agree, to describe him as one of the best ever is way ott, but he has certainly been influential over the past decade. He's back playing regularly and I was impressed last week. he's not as bad on the ball as people make out, but he does have a mistake in him. However he's a great last ditch backs to the wall defender and a huge goal threat which more than makes up for his (overstated imo) limitations on the ball. 7 goals in 55 caps is not to be sniffed at. Great character also, I love the guy and I would start him vs France (due to Egan being on 2 yellows).
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 10:58pm

He's one of the best centre backs we've ever had. Got himself back playing regularly, one of the first names on the team sheet for France 

I love Duffy but f**k me he’s back playing for Norwich a wet week again. As for his overall career let’s chill out before comparing him to Paul McGrath etc. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 10:51pm

Ah, I dunno about that. He was shocking vs France at Euro 2016.

I'm not sure he'd be as highly rated if he wasn't such a threat from set-pieces.

We've had one or two world class centre backs and a few who had very good PL careers for top 10 clubs.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 10:50pm

Who are you on about?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 10:32pm

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 10:23pm
Here we go again
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Another clean sheet today for the big man! Surely back in the squad next Thursday.

Probably should start against France. Backs to the wall is his game.

Egan is on two yellows also and will miss the Dutch game if he gets booked vs the French - I'd start Duffy for that reason alone.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 7:57pm

Another clean sheet today for the big man! Surely back in the squad next Thursday.

Watched him last week, still a huge goal threat. 7 goals in 55 international appearances, not to be sniffed at. Even if he doesnt start, he can still be useful off the bench if we need a goal.
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 7:53pm

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 7:51pm

Idah Dream!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 3:08pm

Very solid today, didnt put a foot wrong, much better than his partner Gibson. Dont agree with those writing him off at all, still has plenty to offer!

Hoping Kenny has taken note (I suspect he is). The Fulham move was a setback, especially after Diop signed. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 2:05pm
Very solid today, didnt put a foot wrong, much better than his partner Gibson. Dont agree with those writing him off at all, still has plenty to offer!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 12:56pm
Playing now at home to Millwall, having a good game, 1 nil at ht. McNamara having a bit of a nightmare for Millwall, still looks well off international standard to me.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 3:23pm
Liam Delap scores his first goal for Hull with a helping hand from Duffy.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Luder Luder wrote:

Will he get his game? What kind of football do Norwich play? We all thought Fulham was a good move but it ended up a disaster.

Grant Hanley is out with an achilles injury and with Pukki now gone they'll likely have to get a bit more defensive because they're not gonna replace him easily unless they spend big. Which I doubt they will after signing Ashley Barnes while having Sargent and Idah also.

Edited by J89 - 09 Jun 2023 at 12:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 157>
  Share Topic