You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Penalty Points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:00am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

I am a great driver ill have you know Does this ever happen anyone tho, you could be driving somewhere on your own and thinking about stuff and then you just arrive at your destination and you cant really remember your journey? Always happens me as I must go into a total daydream in the car on my own

literally everytime i drive anyway, im away with the fairies driving most of the time!
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:01am

I am a great driver ill have you know Does this ever happen anyone tho, you could be driving somewhere on your own and thinking about stuff and then you just arrive at your destination and you cant really remember your journey? Always happens me as I must go into a total daydream in the car on my own

yeah am in a world of my own sometimes
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:03am

That happens to most people (apart from new drivers). When you do something regularly you do it without thinking, you do it subconsciously
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:03am
It happens me on the M50 all the time on my way to college and stuff. I just arrive in Maynooth and totally forget the drive down. Glad I am not the only one
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I'm banned off the road at the minute, got stopped at a checkpoint the morning after a night out. 2 years off the road for driving with a hangover

Jaysis Shocked

A night in tomangoes take you off the road?

It was indeed, you know that Summerfest thing they put on during the August bank holiday, was down at that for the day then joes. Woke up around 2pm the next day and drove down the spar to get a fry up and the bastards were set up on the strand road CryCry

2 O'Clock and you were still over the limit. I'd have always thought i'd be well sober at that time of the day after a session.
thats why i always get the bus(peace of mind), check point there on sunday near your gaff when i was heading home..
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:37am

I'm banned off the road at the minute, got stopped at a checkpoint the morning after a night out. 2 years off the road for driving with a hangover

Jaysis Shocked

It was indeed, you know that Summerfest thing they put on during the August bank holiday, was down at that for the day then joes. Woke up around 2pm the next day and drove down the spar to get a fry up and the bastards were set up on the strand road CryCry

2 O'Clock and you were still over the limit. I'd have always thought i'd be well sober at that time of the day after a session.

I was completely sober, just still had alcohol in my system. They reckon you should give yourself 2 hours for every pint to be on the safeside, so if I stuck to their recommendations I prob shouldnt have been driving for a good 2 days after that session! LOL Nah but I've been told the main reason I was still over was because I hadnt eatne anything so it would have been easier for the thing o detect the alcohol. It's sh*tty considering the people who drive round the place butchered and never get caught but sure ya get used to it...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:08pm
Only got me license back after 3 years off the road. Had no penalty points at all but got done the morning after. I had only got 4 hours kip and shouldn't have driven. But was still so high over the limit. But it's mad cause I drank 3 points one time and got stopped and checked and I was under the limit! Vodka was the killer for me.
Won't be taking any risks going forward
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:20pm

Jaysis Shocked

I was completely sober, just still had alcohol in my system. They reckon you should give yourself 2 hours for every pint to be on the safeside, so if I stuck to their recommendations I prob shouldnt have been driving for a good 2 days after that session! LOL Nah but I've been told the main reason I was still over was because I hadnt eatne anything so it would have been easier for the thing o detect the alcohol. It's sh*tty considering the people who drive round the place butchered and never get caught but sure ya get used to it...

That's aload of pants Max -
I'd say you were freaked with that.
Did you have to go too court or what way did it work out.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Jaysis Shocked

That's aload of pants Max -
I'd say you were freaked with that.
Did you have to go too court or what way did it work out.

Yeah I went to court about 4 or 5 times for it because I orignally got a good solicitor and was pleading not guilty in the hope that the guards had f*cked up somewhere along the way, supposedly it happens a lot more than you'd think. The had it nailed on this occasion though the bastards!!
Went back to appeal it then but dropped he appeal in the end and just took the ban, I can sill appeal the last 1/3 of it though and the guard said I will 99% get that coz it was the morning after...
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:51pm

The girlfriends birthday present makes so much sense now

Edited by JH91 - 02 Nov 2010 at 12:51pm
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

The girlfriends birthday present makes so much sense now

AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:47pm

A friend of mine friend went down to dublin to galway and back same day  got 12  points for his troubles for attention a funeral (caught speeding up and down) he didnt know till he got the letter in the post

AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:28pm

I should have about 100 points at this stage. I have gotten away with so much lately. The other night I left work to go home for lunch and I kinda sorta broke a red light got followed for about 5/6 minutes with the sirens and all and I didnt even notice them . Only copped it when I pulled up outside my house and they came over to my car. I turned on the charm and got away with it Same happened me going to see Westlife in cork a few years ago they were following me for ages but this time they gave me the points the bowsies!!!

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Only got me license back after 3 years off the road. Had no penalty points at all but got done the morning after. I had only got 4 hours kip and shouldn't have driven. But was still so high over the limit. But it's mad cause I drank 3 points one time and got stopped and checked and I was under the limit! Vodka was the killer for me.
Won't be taking any risks going forward

I suppose that's one way of clearing the points  Andy!! Wink
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by AKOT AKOT wrote:

A friend of mine friend went down to dublin to galway and back same day  got 12  points for his troubles for attention a funeral (caught speeding up and down) he didnt know till he got the letter in the post

Another girl got the full whack of points and then banned over speeing coming from the M50 to the road that leads to the Spawell Hotel.
She was caughting speeing everyday not was'nt notificed until about 1/2 weeks later.
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

the places they do the speed checks are ridiculous, its nothing to fo with safety its just to catch you out.

Always on the road at the end of the M50 towards clare hall. A long straight road just as you come off the motorway and the limit is 60kph.
At the end of the M! it goes from 100 to 80 to 50 over a short space and that always are catching people in a spot were they can't be seen Angry

ClapIs the correct answer.

Breathalysers are similar. They have one regularly on North Strand on a Sunday morning yet 6 hours earlier when the serious drink drivers are likely to be about (and when the fatalities tend to happen) there is never a sign of any.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

I should have about 100 points at this stage. I have gotten away with so much lately. The other night I left work to go home for lunch and I kinda sorta broke a red light got followed for about 5/6 minutes with the sirens and all and I didnt even notice them . Only copped it when I pulled up outside my house and they came over to my car. I turned on the charm and got away with it Same happened me going to see Westlife in cork a few years ago they were following me for ages but this time they gave me the points the bowsies!!!

I work nights so I have a habit of saying im on my lunch even tho it can be as late as 10 some nights !!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:12pm

Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

I work nights so I have a habit of saying im on my lunch even tho it can be as late as 10 some nights !!!

Did not realise you get breaks, when you are on the game :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic